#FireCasey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• golden wrote: View Post
    Raps would probably have to take back Nick Young who is almost a DD clone with a better 3pt shot, so it's pretty much like getting Randle for free. Or we could toss in Bennett, Bebe or Biyombo.
    They can take Bennett free of charge
    "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• I
      DanH wrote: View Post
      Spoiler alert: they aren't. Well, Biyombo is.

But Patterson has the 5th best on-court net rating on the team, at +4. Johnson has the second best, at +10, just behind JV.

The big questions to ask in terms of leveraging effectiveness are: why do we play a starting lineup that doesn't fit together so many minutes? And why do we play Biyombo, who is so ineffective a) so many minutes and b) with so many other defence-first players, exaggerating his ineffectiveness.
      Because our coach is intellectually challenged...

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
        Russell is indeed crazy talented, but the Lakers trade Randle 10 times before they trade Russell. No such offer would exists - you'd be extremely lucky to get them to talk DD for Randle, let alone even consider moving Russell.
        Thought:

Raptors as constructed and coached suck nuts. No two ways about it

Overbuy on someone who is seriously talented like Russell. Im talking Lowry+DD+2 firsts+a second+take some bad salary

CoJo-Russell-Carroll wing combo for the forseable future? Yes please

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
          Thought:

Overbuy on someone who is seriously talented like Russell. Im talking Lowry+DD+2 firsts+a second+take some bad salary

What the fuck? You have lost your god damn mind. Randle for DD straight up is a shit deal for us. Sending them all that for Russell is the dumbest thing I've ever read on this forum, and I've read a bunch of tenforthewin posts.

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
            Thought:

Wow

Just wow.

What were you thinking when you posted this?

Tapatalk doesn't show pink font..... I apologize if it's there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
              What the fuck? You have lost your god damn mind. Randle for DD straight up is a shit deal for us. Sending them all that for Russell is the dumbest thing I've ever read on this forum, and I've read a bunch of tenforthewin posts.
              DD for Randle straight up is a bad deal?

DD is expiring and will be un-restricted. I guess you forgot what the market was for an expiring Lowry - something like Iman Shumpert and a couple 2nd rounders. Rent-a-players have little trade market value, except for desperate or poorly managed teams in win now mode. The time to trade DD for max return was last season, or even better, the season before.

Comment

• Yeah, I'd do DD plus a couple picks for Randle any day.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                  DD for Randle straight up is a bad deal?

DD is expiring and will be un-restricted. I guess you forgot what the market was for an expiring Lowry - something like Iman Shumpert and a couple 2nd rounders. Rent-a-players have little trade market value, except for desperate or poorly managed teams in win now mode. The time to trade DD for max return was last season, or even better, the season before.
                  Lowry wasn't considered all the good a player at the time. He wasn't all star Lowry, that's for sure. DD right now has way way more value than Lowry did then. That's some damn important context. Also, the deal had more coming back, pretty sure it included Tim Hardaway Jr. as well, who at the time was a promising player on a rookie deal.

Randle isn't that good. I don't want him as our PF of the future. He's super inefficient chucker, kinda like Derozan. Except he sucks at FT's in addition to FG's. I think you guys are overvaluing Randle and undervaluing Derozan. Randle had a good game against us, but that's on us, every other team made him look like crap.

Comment

Lowry wasn't considered all the good a player at the time. He wasn't all star Lowry, that's for sure. DD right now has way way more value than Lowry did then. That's some damn important context. Also, the deal had more coming back, pretty sure it included Tim Hardaway Jr. as well, who at the time was a promising player on a rookie deal.

Randle isn't that good. I don't want him as our PF of the future. He's super inefficient chucker, kinda like Derozan. Except he sucks at FT's in addition to FG's. I think you guys are overvaluing Randle and undervaluing Derozan. Randle had a good game against us, but that's on us, every other team made him look like crap.
                    There was never confirmation that MU was going to send Lowry for that garbage package. Dolan said he vetoed it from his side. MU said he wasnt going to trade him since even without him Raptors probably make the playoffs in the tank happy East anyway

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
                      There was never confirmation that MU was going to send Lowry for that garbage package. Dolan said he vetoed it from his side. MU said he wasnt going to trade him since even without him Raptors probably make the playoffs in the tank happy East anyway
                      Lowry has said the trade was going to happen.
                      "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                      "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• Just Is wrote: View Post
                        Lowry has said the trade was going to happen.
                        Really,? To the Knicks for that deal. Even expiring thats a crappy deal

Comment

With this, I also agree with you. The trade was bad in terms of return but it was meant to be a tank move. It's absolutely hard to trade an expiring unless the player makes it very clear that they'll resign with the team they're going with (and even then, I don't think the return is that good). The most recent example I can think of was Dragic.
                          "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                          "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• Just Is wrote: View Post
                            With this, I also agree with you. The trade was bad in terms of return but it was meant to be a tank move. It's absolutely hard to trade an expiring unless the player makes it very clear that they'll resign with the team they're going with (and even then, I don't think the return is that good). The most recent example I can think of was Dragic.
                            Rereading article MU did confirm that deal. TH Jr for Grant was a good deal

Comment

It's not really about de-valuing DD, it's the narrow time window you have to get value for him right now. Teams may want him, but can wait until the off-season, so that shrinks the market; i.e., why pay now for what you can get for free later?

If you really think DD has high trade value right now, why don't you give us an example of a deal that would make sense for both teams?

Comment

That's precisely the point. The trade market for un-restricted expirings IS usually crappy. And MU is a guy who typically fleeces other GMs in trades.

However, Masai did actually get a nice haul for Melo, when he created a bidding war between two desperate loser teams (Knicks and Nets). There were rumors Donnie Walsh wanted to wait to the off-season, but Dolan made him cough up a pretty good haul to Masai. But then, Melo is/was a tier above DD, especially back then.
                                Last edited by golden; Sat Nov 21, 2015, 03:43 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X