#FireCasey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GLF wrote: View Post
    Exactly. At what point does he either change the system up a bit or we get rid of Casey and get someone whose system will fit our players? Ugh. So frustrating.
    I think we can agree that the D isn't working, but the O is.

Speculation:

It's not impossible that a great offense could lead the guys to slack a little on D, leading to giving up 2 or 3 easy baskets that they shouldn't - which would actually be enough to drop a team from very good to very bad d.

I'm hoping that's a factor anyways.
    "Bruno?
    Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
    He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• BrydenB wrote: View Post
      At this point I honestly find myself wondering, "who does Casey's system fit?". The guards can't contain penetration, and JV is not fleet of foot enough to do what DC wants either. At what point is this system just an all around bad fit?
      Good questions.

At what point does the question become, "Why don't you adapt to maximize their strengths instead of shitting on their weaknesses?

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
        Exactly. At what point does he either change the system up a bit or we get rid of Casey and get someone whose system will fit our players? Ugh. So frustrating.
        That is the worst part - he accepts no responsibility for maximizing the team's potential. In his mind they have to adapt but he stays firm.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
          That is the worst part - he accepts no responsibility for maximizing the team's potential. In his mind they have to adapt but he stays firm.
          But so which part of the system are inherently ill-suited to our players, and which just haven't been perfected yet?

Is Casey just taking the long term view to your short term one?

That type of perfect trapping requires every player to be 100% comfortable with each other and in sync. That's one of the advantages of continuity - building that defensive rapport.
          "Bruno?
          Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
          He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• BrydenB wrote: View Post
            At this point I honestly find myself wondering, "who does Casey's system fit?". The guards can't contain penetration, and JV is not fleet of foot enough to do what DC wants either. At what point is this system just an all around bad fit?
            2011 mavs

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
              2011 mavs
              2011 Mavs are a great example of a defence custom made for the players. And funnily enough, I think it would work great here. But Casey has never tried it here.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• I really think Casey is catering his system towards Lowry and DeMar.. just those two guys. It makes some sense too. If coaching in the NBA is about managing egos.. then you do whatever it takes to make the stars happy. Gay took any shot he wanted when he was here. Bargnani as well.

It's what Mike Brown did in Cleveland. It's what Phil did to an extent in LA and Chicago.

The problem is Lowry/DD are not Lebron James, Michael Jordan or Kobe Bryant.

I like Lowry a lot.. and I do wonder if he would excel in a different system (ie, more ball movement; more involvement of the bigs). He's not a very good Pick and roll player (probably due to his height), and that's what JV and Amir especially excel at.

I don't like the current system as a fan.. but the grass is usually not greener on the other side either. We implement a new system.. who's to say that Lowry becomes neutered and disappears again.

Masai has preached that he wants to win a championship though.. and treating KL and DD as super-stars is probably going to fail. So I really do think he'll get a coach that will work with Kyle but also create a system that benefits the team. At least that's what I'm hoping happens. We'll have to wait and see.

Comment

• stooley wrote: View Post
                  But so which part of the system are inherently ill-suited to our players, and which just haven't been perfected yet?

Is Casey just taking the long term view to your short term one?

That type of perfect trapping requires every player to be 100% comfortable with each other and in sync. That's one of the advantages of continuity - building that defensive rapport.
                  Any system that allows and encourages perimeter blow bys is ill suited for many more players than not. It isn't even about any one player - look at the stats, they are bottom third of league and near bottom of barrel for playoff teams.

Ironically enough my view is very much for the long term.

And weren't we lambasted at the start of the year with all the continuity talk? Casey is in his fourth year and the starting lineup has been together for 3 years. All that rock pounding and not even a scratch it appears.

Comment

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jn8SbHYcIYE

see how much he loves his coach
                    2006-07 NBA Coach of the Year

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
                      don't good coaches make you adapt to their strengths?

I am losing all faith in the man and I'm starting to think they win in spite of him
                      Haha I knew you guys would start to come around...I think I first mentioned this in december

thead wrote: View Post
                      Favors and Kanter, Aldridge and Lopez, Tim Duncan and Boris Diaw, Hibbert and West...
                      I'm going to go out on a limb and say Henry Sims and the top 5 defense of the Sixers...re: defensive systems with a slower big (and a dumb one - Noel)

SamMitchells wrote: View Post
                      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jn8SbHYcIYE

see how much he loves his coach
                      "Some coaches are players coaches who lack in X's and O's"

Find that very fitting of Casey.

We need to find a coach that balances both. Solid interview by Korver there btw

Comment

• alright it's time for the ax. casey is effectively turning JV into a shell of a basketball player and it's absolutely ridiculous. i'm actually shocked Masai has let this kind of ambivalence and incompetence carry on, especially when it affects our future as much as it does. enough is enough. i'm furious.
                        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Hmmm

So Casey apologists have you seen enough?
                          "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• This is to Casey for sticking to his guns despite when things do not work:

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
                              Hmmm

yes, he still has improved the teams record every year here. the players have all had their stats improved year on year and again this year are on pace to do it again.

i would say i have seen enough to extend and raise him with the full backing of executives

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
                                Hmmm

33-17. 2nd in the conference. I'm just sayin.

Casey will be judgecome playoff time.
                                Mamba Mentality

Comment

Working...
                                X