#FireCasey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
    since when is Toronto a destination lool?
    It may not be but clearly MU wants cap space for summer of 2016....

Comment

• psrs1 wrote: View Post
      It may not be but clearly MU wants cap space for summer of 2016....
      Hope cap space can play defense and shoot

Comment

• In defense of "a coach needs the personnel to run his systems" side, Thibs offense is usually criticized but it's actually pretty effective when his current roster is healthy. I hope I didn't already read this on these forums somewhere:

Bulls coach Tom Thibodeau needed to correct his point guard Saturday.

Derrick Rose said earlier this week that the offense now gives players more freedom to play to their strengths.

“It’s the same offense we’ve been running,’’ Thibodeau said when asked if he agreed with Rose. “I really don’t [agree with him] because it’s really the same offense we’ve been running for years. All I know is, it works a lot better when he plays.’’

Rose is playing. So are Pau Gasol, Nikola Mirotic and Aaron Brooks. That has contributed to the Bulls’ averaging 103.4 points per game (eighth in the NBA) after never averaging more than 98.6 (19th in the league in the 2010-11 season) under Thibodeau.

Two seasons ago, the Bulls were 28th in the league in scoring with 93.2 points.

Give Thibodeau the weapons, he will give them points.

“The big thing is when you’re putting your plan together with your team, you want to study what the strengths and weaknesses of each guy are, and then how it all fits together,’’ Thibodeau said. “So you want to always play to those strengths and cover up your weaknesses. As your personnel changes, it allows you to do different things.

“And so you get Derrick back, and that gives you a lot of things you can do that you couldn’t do in the past. But when you add Pau into the mix, that gives you more options. Then throw in Niko and Aaron, that gives you a lot more options. Then the other guys have grown. You look at what Taj [Gibson] can do. Joakim [Noah] is still not where he was last year, and that’s a great option, as well. Joakim does a lot of great things offensively for us.’’

http://chicago.suntimes.com/basketba...-bulls-offense
        "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
          In defense of "a coach needs the personnel to run his systems" side, Thibs offense is usually criticized but it's actually pretty effective when his current roster is healthy. I hope I didn't already read this on these forums somewhere:

Bulls coach Tom Thibodeau needed to correct his point guard Saturday.

Derrick Rose said earlier this week that the offense now gives players more freedom to play to their strengths.

“It’s the same offense we’ve been running,’’ Thibodeau said when asked if he agreed with Rose. “I really don’t [agree with him] because it’s really the same offense we’ve been running for years. All I know is, it works a lot better when he plays.’’

Rose is playing. So are Pau Gasol, Nikola Mirotic and Aaron Brooks. That has contributed to the Bulls’ averaging 103.4 points per game (eighth in the NBA) after never averaging more than 98.6 (19th in the league in the 2010-11 season) under Thibodeau.

Two seasons ago, the Bulls were 28th in the league in scoring with 93.2 points.

Give Thibodeau the weapons, he will give them points.

“The big thing is when you’re putting your plan together with your team, you want to study what the strengths and weaknesses of each guy are, and then how it all fits together,’’ Thibodeau said. “So you want to always play to those strengths and cover up your weaknesses. As your personnel changes, it allows you to do different things.

“And so you get Derrick back, and that gives you a lot of things you can do that you couldn’t do in the past. But when you add Pau into the mix, that gives you more options. Then throw in Niko and Aaron, that gives you a lot more options. Then the other guys have grown. You look at what Taj [Gibson] can do. Joakim [Noah] is still not where he was last year, and that’s a great option, as well. Joakim does a lot of great things offensively for us.’’

http://chicago.suntimes.com/basketba...-bulls-offense
          Ignoring everything else, THAT is the money line here.
          "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
          "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• Just wanted to throw something out there.

Could MU not be firing Casey right now because he wants to set up his Dleague team and then put the future coach of the raps there? It would give the rookie coach a year or two to play with all his rookies and learn their games. He would get to develop a system with them, work on their fundamentals, learn to win and then take all of that to the raps when Casey's Contract expires?

I think this only works if MU is looking at someone who has never coached in the NBA before. It takes the pressure off of the coach to win in the NBA right away. He gets to work with his players in a low stress environment and would get input on how to build his team for a couple years before he has to perform in the big leagues?

What are the advantages/disadvantages of an approach like this?

Comment

• Bandit wrote: View Post
              Just wanted to throw something out there.

Could MU not be firing Casey right now because he wants to set up his Dleague team and then put the future coach of the raps there? It would give the rookie coach a year or two to play with all his rookies and learn their games. He would get to develop a system with them, work on their fundamentals, learn to win and then take all of that to the raps when Casey's Contract expires?

I think this only works if MU is looking at someone who has never coached in the NBA before. It takes the pressure off of the coach to win in the NBA right away. He gets to work with his players in a low stress environment and would get input on how to build his team for a couple years before he has to perform in the big leagues?

It would be unorthodox in current NBA climate.

Personally, I think it is a great idea assuming Masai is tabbing a current assistant or someone who has little to no head coaching experience. It certainly fits Masai's comments at his press conference about the benefits of having a DLeague team.

Only downfall is a move to NBA assistant coach is a step up from DLeague head coach. For example, Nick Nurse was a DLeague head coach and then became Raptor assistant. Not sure if that is a hindrance to such a plan.

But as said: I think it is a great idea.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                It would be unorthodox in current NBA climate.

Personally, I think it is a great idea assuming Masai is tabbing a current assistant or someone who has little to no head coaching experience. It certainly fits Masai's comments at his press conference about the benefits of having a DLeague team.

Only downfall is a move to NBA assistant coach is a step up from DLeague head coach. For example, Nick Nurse was a DLeague head coach and then became Raptor assistant. Not sure if that is a hindrance to such a plan.

But as said: I think it is a great idea.
                That's what I was thinking too, but as the Dleague gains more and more traction I wouldn't be surprised to see that switch. As in a team grabs an AC they like, let him do that for a couple years learning the NBA game before promoting him and giving him his own team in the Dleague.

Definitely out of the norm but I want to see the raps try to get ahead of the curve on this, not playing catch up.

I think the idea of having your rooks work with a new coach in that setting has almost no downfall and huge possible gains.

Comment

That's what I was thinking too, but as the Dleague gains more and more traction I wouldn't be surprised to see that switch. As in a team grabs an AC they like, let him do that for a couple years learning the NBA game before promoting him and giving him his own team in the Dleague.

Definitely out of the norm but I want to see the raps try to get ahead of the curve on this, not playing catch up.

I think the idea of having your rooks work with a new coach in that setting has almost no downfall and huge possible gains.

Yeah, it would only take one team to have great success with it to see it take hold.

Only drawback I can think of from an organizational perspective is the actual NBA coach (in this case Casey) not appreciating real lame duck status versus the perceived/speculated lame duck status for coaches in the final year of their contract.

Comment

Yeah, it would only take one team to have great success with it to see it take hold.

Only drawback I can think of from an organizational perspective is the actual NBA coach (in this case Casey) not appreciating real lame duck status versus the perceived/speculated lame duck status for coaches in the final year of their contract.
                    Casey can't actually think he's on solid ground right now could he?

I would think Masai should be able to pitch the idea that "You've never been my guy, yea he's your replacement, and I'm not going to can you so that you have the chance to audition around the league by improving"

Not sure it's something you could do again until maybe you have a situation like the spurs, where Pops is getting old and you want to see who in your staff runs a team the best. You need a pretty solid organisation in place to do this without true issues though.

Comment

Just wanted to throw something out there.

Doesn't seem likely in our current situation. This coming season is the last guaranteed year in caseys deal, and we may not have a dleague team this year, so we don't have time for this approach. Could definitely see the dleague evolve into the training grounds for future nba head coaches though.

Comment

Casey can't actually think he's on solid ground right now could he?

I would think Masai should be able to pitch the idea that "You've never been my guy, yea he's your replacement, and I'm not going to can you so that you have the chance to audition around the league by improving"

Not sure it's something you could do again until maybe you have a situation like the spurs, where Pops is getting old and you want to see who in your staff runs a team the best. You need a pretty solid organisation in place to do this without true issues though.
                        Well he apparently believed he did all he could in the playoffs sooooooooo...... Lol

Comment

Well he apparently believed he did all he could in the playoffs sooooooooo...... Lol
                          aint that some shit???

like I can't possibly think of a reason why he would say that to the media. Even a conspiracy theory like illuminati. Like why would you say that????? did illuminati make him say that??

Comment

• Finally, an argument for keeping Casey - lol

http://www.raptorsrepublic.com/2015/...ng-dwane-casey

Comment

• Not Casey's fault that Raptor's are missing that 'it' factor that everyone has been talking about... Demars fault, Lowrys fault, maybe ross or JV. Heck, even Masai, but Casey......Nah. Give him a legit team with veteran talent and some much needed pieces and THEN see what he can do. Hes made a whole hell of a lot out of nothing.

Keep the Casey train moving - CHOO CHOO - all raps fans aboard!

Comment

• Reboc wrote: View Post
                                Not Casey's fault that Raptor's are missing that 'it' factor that everyone has been talking about... Demars fault, Lowrys fault, maybe ross or JV. Heck, even Masai, but Casey......Nah. Give him a legit team with veteran talent and some much needed pieces and THEN see what he can do. Hes made a whole hell of a lot out of nothing.

Keep the Casey train moving - CHOO CHOO - all raps fans aboard!
                                lol

Comment

Working...
                                X