#FireCasey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• slaw wrote: View Post
    Well, there's the Peter Principle, too. Jackson might be a great head coach but it doesn't mean he's a great (or even good) president of basketball operations. Two very different skill sets are required....

Go love yourself, slaw.

Comment

• Regarding ol' Petey, I think Phil has done a decent job over the last year. He has picked up some good players who fit what he is trying to do.

The question is going to be can he sustain the improvement from last year to this year in to the future?

After he took a lot of lumps last year, I think he deserves a bit of credit for how far Knicks have come....and while they haven't come THAT far in the standings, they have come THAT far as a team.

Comment

• Most people don't remember it, but Gregg Popovich the GM fired Bob Hill and appointed himself head coach 20 years ago.

That transition from GM to coach went pretty well.
        twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
          Regarding ol' Petey, I think Phil has done a decent job over the last year. He has picked up some good players who fit what he is trying to do.

The question is going to be can he sustain the improvement from last year to this year in to the future?

After he took a lot of lumps last year, I think he deserves a bit of credit for how far Knicks have come....and while they haven't come THAT far in the standings, they have come THAT far as a team.
          Biggest thing for the Knicks is, for the first time in a LONG time, they have reason to have hope for their team.

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
            Biggest thing for the Knicks is, for the first time in a LONG time, they have reason to have hope for their team.
            Dolan isn't selling is he? /pink

Comment

• https://twitter.com/SynergySST/statu...rc=twsrc%5Etfw

Not a great stat for us. We're high frequency/low efficiency in terms of running half-court offense.

Comment

https://twitter.com/SynergySST/statu...rc=twsrc%5Etfw

Not a great stat for us. We're high frequency/low efficiency in terms of running half-court offense.
                i have no idea what that plot is illustrating.

The spread on that data between teams doesn't seem very high, does it?

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
                  i have no idea what that plot is illustrating.

The spread on that data between teams doesn't seem very high, does it?
                  The Horizontal axis is FGA/G in half-court offense, the vertical axis is pts/FGA in the half-court offense.

Comment

• We were discussing a few days back whether or not we're a good catch and shoot team, Synergy had a tweet that should be relevant.

https://twitter.com/SynergySST/statu...37063294984192

Comment

The Horizontal axis is FGA/G in half-court offense, the vertical axis is pts/FGA in the half-court offense.
                      so all teams are taking about the same number of shots in the half court (+/- 5), and their efficiency varies about +/- 10%.

I mean, ok, but it's not really surprising is it?

There's better ways to present and use this data. and this really says nothing about the underlying causes

Comment

There's a point where I stop trusting stats... Heat can't possibly be better (or even in the same region) as the Warriors for their half-court offense.

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
                          so all teams are taking about the same number of shots in the half court (+/- 5), and their efficiency varies about +/- 10%.

I mean, ok, but it's not really surprising is it?
                          The thing is, our average scoring margin is +4.4 points. 1-2% shooting or 1-2 shots can be very, very important.

Comment

The thing is, our average scoring margin is +4.4 points. 1-2% shooting or 1-2 shots can be very, very important.
                            yeah i get that, it's just that this plot, presented without comment, doesn't really mean much.

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
                              There's a point where I stop trusting stats... Heat can't possibly be better (or even in the same region) as the Warriors for their half-court offense.
                              Why not? That chart doesn't account for pace, and the Warriors offense relies on getting a lot of possessions. Also, they get a lot of looks in transition.

As well, for the Warriors, their deep bench plays a lot of fourth quarters because of the number of blowouts they have, which would bring down their efficiency.

Comment

Why not? That chart doesn't account for pace, and the Warriors offense relies on getting a lot of possessions. Also, they get a lot of looks in transition.

As well, for the Warriors, their deep bench plays a lot of fourth quarters because of the number of blowouts they have, which would bring down their efficiency.
                                Well, the fact that they're only 16th in FGA and rank first in FGs (and FG%/3P%) for one. I guess they get a ton of points in transistion

Comment

Working...
                                X