No announcement yet.

#FireCasey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Because he's not the problem that's why.
    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
      Because he's not the problem that's why.
      Disagree.

Comment

So his use of JV, TR and JJ is not the problem? Nor his ability to adjust to other coaches moves is not the problem? Nor his scramble defence is not the problem ?

I would submit to you that just like Sam Mitchell he will never get another head coaching job in the NBA once he is ultimately terminated in TO.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
          Fixed. Funny. Casey's rep was soiled enough in the playoffs.
          I guess he will be retained so he can resoil himself again...

Comment

"Although they've had success scoring their way - the Raptors have been a top five offensive club for the bulk of this season - it's time to wonder if 'their way' is sustainable. The league is on to them. How will they adjust?"

Josh Lewenberg brought that up in February (http://www.tsn.ca/talent/raptors-get...riors-1.218337). And that was their offence. Their defence was bottom third and got abused just as badly systemically. There is always responsibility on the players to execute and they'll bear part of the blame, but I think it was pretty easy to see that the Raptors system/tactics got abused at both ends of the floor. The coaches didn't adjust tactically (I'm not counting random insertions of JJ/PP/TH into the starting lineup for unpredictable spurts). They just kept trying to do the same thing harder. Pound the Rock etc.

For me, that part of this season's failure is on the coaching staff.
            "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Also spotted in January re: teams figuring out Toronto:

"That last Clippers play is indicative of another scary trend: Teams are getting smarter about attacking Toronto’s defense. That play is designed to manipulate Toronto’s defense exactly as it does and to produce that easy look for Barnes. More teams are clearing one side of the floor for simple two-man actions like this Jimmy Butler/Noah pick-and-roll, knowing Toronto will guide them toward the pick and surrender the middle. Once Butler gets around the pick, he and Noah are effectively working a 2-on-1 against Valanciunas. Since Chicago has cleared away its three other players, there is no natural help defender; any help must come from shooters in Butler’s direct line of sight."

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/th...s-master-plan/

For people who think coaching hardly matters, this is exactly where it does matter. Forget cliches about effort and selflessness and hot shooting, people have been pointing out systems problems with this team for months and they were never addressed.

Comment

• Abbas wrote: View Post
                Then why not bring two better players to put beside him?
                Oh yeah I forgot there's a whole pile of superstars to choose from who are all available
                You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

• Just accept it and move on boys
                  @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Mr.Z wrote: View Post
                    Oh yeah I forgot there's a whole pile of superstars to choose from who are all available
                    Not just in year one but keep adding to that

Others championship teams did it before therfore we should do similar things. Instead of trading away key pieces for garbage why not bring other better players in to compliment them
                    Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                      Just accept it and move on boys
                      Haha, that would be the end of the forums. Really, there'd be nothing to talk about if that's what fans are supposed to do. Go to games and cheer for your team and go home and be happy. Doesn't matter if they won 15 games, 40 games, or 60 games. Just accept it and move on. Very zen, not very much fun

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                        Haha, that would be the end of the forums. Really, there'd be nothing to talk about if that's what fans are supposed to do. Go to games and cheer for your team and go home and be happy. Doesn't matter if they won 15 games, 40 games, or 60 games. Just accept it and move on. Very zen, not very much fun
                        But we won 49 games. Things have been a lot worse in the last 20 years. This group of players has been overachieving for last year. The lack of talent caught up to them second half of the season. We just don't have "it". The truth hurts.
                        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Just accept it and move on boys
                          Move on to trading Demar before he opts out? Sure
                          Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                            Move on to trading Demar before he opts out? Sure
                            If that's what Masai thinks is best for the team than fine. I just don't think that will happen. People forget that Masai was on that front office that drafted DD in 09'. Like DD cant still get better.
                            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

If that's what Masai thinks is best for the team than fine. I just don't think that will happen. People forget that Masai was on that front office that drafted DD in 09'. Like DD cant still get better.
                              You're gonna keep saying that until he retires aren't you?
                              Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

He as worse last season than the year before
                                "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Working...
                                X