Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    What scheme did Dallas use that year?
    I can't remember all the details but I assure you, Tyson Chandler and Dirk weren't scrambling out to cover the 3 point line on a regular basis. They used some 2-3 zone concepts (which Casey was accredited for) to help stop LeBron by keeping him out of the paint. Haven't seen Casey really run much zone concepts either.
    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
      What scheme did Dallas use that year?
      It was actually fairly famously called the man-zone-hybrid defence. There was no hedging whatsoever (as you'd expect with a zone-ish defence).
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• octothorp wrote: View Post
        I'd rather he poach some defensive schemes from another team. Otherwise we're fried, and our season will be over, easy. That's what you get from a coach who's coddled his stars the whole time he's been here.
        I don't like Casey either. But really ?

I don't think u watch enough league wide basketball if u think Casey is the ONLY coach who fAvours his best players...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
          He was but that alone doesn't mean the entire scheme was based on his principles. Carlisle was a good defensive coach before Casey and after Casey with fairly consistent schemes. Casey's scheme of choice seemed to be scramble help heavy system- something that wasn't really used in Dallas or this season. So Greer seems to be a more direct line to determining the scheme than Casey was in Dallas.
          Mavericks assistant*Dwane Casey, a perennial candidate for head coaching jobs around theNBA, is the architect.

Casey calls most of the defensive sets from the bench. When he signals a clinched fist, usually after made baskets by the Mavericks, it means the 2-3 matchup zone.

"Dwane is our defensive coordinator," coachRick Carlisle*wrote via text message Wednesday. "So he's the head coach of our defense."

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/sport...e-dallas_n.htm
          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Really? You didn't pick up the fact that the whole post was an attempt to use as many egg-based puns as possible in response to the 'scrambled' pun? Poached? Fried? Over easy? Coddled?

Comment

• And Dwane outlasts another coach.

http://www.hoopsrumors.com/2016/02/k...ek-fisher.html
              If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                Hot damn I didn't see that one coming. Coaches are getting killed this year

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
                  It's really unfortunate for coaches. It's not like the Knicks are losing because of Fisher, they're losing because they don't have the talent to compete in what's now a pretty competitive conference.

I agree that playoff comment probably wasn't the smartest, but I wouldn't fire a guy over that.

And I'm not even Derek Fisher's biggest fan...

Comment

Me neither.

Hopefully Rambis takes over.

Assuming he is as competent as he was in Minnesota, nothing good can come of that for NYK.

Comment

• I don't know if Jackson would've really cared to do this now, even if he would've made a change. The "Zen master" seems like the type who would let things play out, especially when the season is already well on its way down the crapper, and no coach could save it since coaches don't have power of healing over Melo's knee. I know Rambis is also one of Jackson's boys, but still feels like he was forced to cut Fisher.

Really feels like Dolan calling shots again.

Comment

• To put a positive spin on this for Fisher, at least he can spend more time with Matt Barnes' wife now.
                        If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                          I don't know if Jackson would've really cared to do this now, even if he would've made a change. The "Zen master" seems like the type who would let things play out, especially when the season is already well on its way down the crapper, and no coach could save it since coaches don't have power of healing over Melo's knee. I know Rambis is also one of Jackson's boys, but still feels like he was forced to cut Fisher.

Really feels like Dolan calling shots again.

I totally agree with you.

Unless there is much more behind scenes we don't know...which would be odd in NY with their media.

If this was a Dolan move without Phil on board, is Phil gone next? (By his own choice I mean).

Comment

• Weird to see a coach getting fired before Karl.. But then it is the Knicks, and they're just as dysfunctional as the Kings are.

Comment

• Who do you guys think gets fired next month?

Comment

Who do you guys think gets fired next month?
                                Definitely George Karl.. but I'd think either Skiles or Gentry will be on the hot seat and one of these guys are probably next.

Comment

Working...
                                X