No announcement yet.

#FireCasey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rather start Powell than see what Casey might do if he follows through with his thought of Bennett playing as a "Power 3".

Powell and Wright both deserve some burn (Wright probably more so). Baby steps I guess.
    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• I wouldn't mind Powell starting short term if there was a shooter at PF. Hint hint.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• With the Cavs loss last night dropping Coach Lue to 5-3, Dwane Casey now has the best coaching record in the East this year.
        If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• What this about Powell playing against 3s? His strictly been guarding the starting 2 guards(Booker, McCollum)
          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
            What this about Powell playing against 3s? His strictly been guarding the starting 2 guards(Booker, McCollum)
            This is true. However it's also probably because we've played teams with shitty offensive SFs the last couple of games, and as is always the case, Casey always puts our "SF" on the other team's better scoring wing and hides DeMar on the worse scoring wing.

So I guess we don't know if Powell would match up against the SF if they were the better player. Maybe in that case the size difference makes Casey want to play a bigger player...or maybe he actually asks DeMar to guard the SF.

Comment

• Looks like Casey is going to outlast another coach.

http://www.hoopsrumors.com/2016/02/k...orge-karl.html
              If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                Looks like Casey is going to outlast another coach.

The Kings don't count.
                "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                  Looks like Casey is going to outlast another coach.

For the 2nd time since they hired him?

Gotta love Sacto...

Comment

• Kings are a terrible organization. That doesn't deserve DMC.
                    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                      This is true. However it's also probably because we've played teams with shitty offensive SFs the last couple of games, and as is always the case, Casey always puts our "SF" on the other team's better scoring wing and hides DeMar on the worse scoring wing.

So I guess we don't know if Powell would match up against the SF if they were the better player. Maybe in that case the size difference makes Casey want to play a bigger player...or maybe he actually asks DeMar to guard the SF.
                      Disagree. Putting your better wing defender on the other teams better wing is a league wide thing, not a Casey thing. And it's a pretty darn good strategy too. Why would you even want demar running through screens to guard guys like McCollum??

People have been screaming for Powell to be getting minutes all year. And now that he's getting it, people are still mad smh. As long he's getting some minutes, we are still winning, that's all you can ask for for a winning team with rookies.

Now if we get destroyed in the playoffs with injuries, we have another player that can step in and not look like a complete deer in headlights

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

• yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
                        Disagree. Putting your better wing defender on the other teams better wing is a league wide thing, not a Casey thing. And it's a pretty darn good strategy too. Why would you even want demar running through screens to guard guys like McCollum??

People have been screaming for Powell to be getting minutes all year. And now that he's getting it, people are still mad smh. As long he's getting some minutes, we are still winning, that's all you can ask for for a winning team with rookies.

Now if we get destroyed in the playoffs with injuries, we have another player that can step in and not look like a complete deer in headlights

I was just pointing it out. Didn't say it was wrong. More a criticism of DeMar than Casey.

*And no one's mad. Casey-backers are getting flat out stupid. Powell is not playing well. It's been 2 games, which isn't a lot, but also he's the most frequent recipient of the extra minutes we've had at the wing due to injuries. We have more than one young player who could be given a chance, and so why not try different options? That could equally pay off in the playoffs. Powell has not really made any progress. May as well see in this stretch if those other options might be more ready to contribute, because this is likely the best opportunity due to the injuries. It doesn't have to be next game, but I think sooner is better since the starting lineup is also kind of fumbling around. As DanH said, it would also be less annoying if he made the PF switch, because part of the reason it looks bad right now with Powell is he's so offensively inept and the lineup already lacks spacing. If a guy like Wright or Bennett actually functions better with the starting unit, that's a huge thing to discover. If it doesn't, the only consequence is you've given a game or two of minutes to one of them instead of Powell.

Fucking hell people...

**I mean shit, this isn't even harsh criticism. This is just saying it's a good time to audition more than one player who's already proven he's not really close to ready to contribute. He's shown good energy and decent awareness, especially on D, but he's miles away from being ready to do something offensively. Maybe if he keeps working on his shot, by the playoffs it's at least somewhat serviceable. But yeah, when are we going to get a better chance to audition these guys?
                        Last edited by white men can't jump; Sat Feb 6, 2016, 01:25 PM.

Comment

• Man oh man, the impatience. Casey's finally giving a (somewhat) long leash (actually, not even that long) to a young player - a rookie, and a second rounder at that. And the team's still playing well overall. Give Powell a few weeks.
                          "Stop eating your sushi."
                          "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                          "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                          - Jack Armstrong

Comment

Casey-backers are getting flat out stupid. .
                            Guess their trying to be like the Casey-haters.

Comment

I was just pointing it out. Didn't say it was wrong. More a criticism of DeMar than Casey.

*And no one's mad. Casey-backers are getting flat out stupid. Powell is not playing well. It's been 2 games, which isn't a lot, but also he's the most frequent recipient of the extra minutes we've had at the wing due to injuries. We have more than one young player who could be given a chance, and so why not try different options? That could equally pay off in the playoffs. Powell has not really made any progress. May as well see in this stretch if those other options might be more ready to contribute, because this is likely the best opportunity due to the injuries. It doesn't have to be next game, but I think sooner is better since the starting lineup is also kind of fumbling around. As DanH said, it would also be less annoying if he made the PF switch, because part of the reason it looks bad right now with Powell is he's so offensively inept and the lineup already lacks spacing. If a guy like Wright or Bennett actually functions better with the starting unit, that's a huge thing to discover. If it doesn't, the only consequence is you've given a game or two of minutes to one of them instead of Powell.

Fucking hell people...
                              It's been 2 games. You guys need to calm down alittle. Powell looked the most ready in the d league, wright is a pg. and bennet CAN NOT play the 2 or 3. They tried that in Cleveland, it DID not work.

Powell deserves this chance he's gotten, and he deserves to continue to play and prove himself

I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

Fucking hell people...
                                Why would Wright/Bennett help with the spacing? Casey went with the better defensive option. You guys are so annoying. You guys just find anything to hate on Casey. Casey gets hate for not playing young players. Now he does and his getting hate for which young player he played.

Normal Powell has out played every young guy not named Wright in the D league. It was the wing position that had an injury. Not the PG or PF.

God man give the guy a break.
                                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Working...
                                X