#FireCasey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• golden wrote: View Post
    LOL. Ok, I was part of that arguing about arguing detour, so let me attempt something to get this back on topic.

Might be over-generalizing, but it seems like we have 2 basic camps here: (1) #FireCasey, for various reasons, and (2) Casey knows more than you'll ever know, just check the record and STFU.

I'd like to propose a 3rd camp: Casey makes mistakes, like everybody else on the planet (which a lot of us non-experts see and just happen to point out in advance on this board). However, I don't really want him fired, but I actually hope he can learn from those mistakes and develop into an elite coach. Wishful thinking, maybe, but that's the ideal scenario.
    I've said this since the summer. There are plenty of off ramps between "Fire him immediately" and "Look at the record he's obviously great!". The argument has gotten to the point where the respective sides of the argument are so dug in that they stubbornly refuse to make even a small concession towards the opposite side of the debate. It happened with the DeRozan argument last year. It actually seems like most of the same people arguing, they've just found a new topic.

Comment

LOL. Ok, I was part of that arguing about arguing detour, so let me attempt something to get this back on topic.

Might be over-generalizing, but it seems like we have 2 basic camps here: (1) #FireCasey, for various reasons, and (2) Casey knows more than you'll ever know, just check the record and STFU.

I'd like to propose a 3rd camp: Casey makes mistakes, like everybody else on the planet (which a lot of us non-experts see and just happen to point out in advance on this board). However, I don't really want him fired, but I actually hope he can learn from those mistakes and develop into an elite coach. Wishful thinking, maybe, but that's the ideal scenario.
      Very well put. I'm definitely in this third camp

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
        Yes but, in my opinion, just like the esteemed head coach, double standards abound and a lack of accountability is ever present.

It is a shame a thread full of thoughts and opinions on a public forum became hijacked with rants about the ridiculousness of those thoughts and opinions spewed by someone proclaiming his thoughts and opinions are superior.

I hate to tell let the secret out but everything on here is just about 100% bulls!t. This forum really is a waste of pixels and productivity.....except it usually provides entertainment value. The number of personal attacks lately due to a difference of perspective has kind of taken the enjoyment out of things, at least for me.

For some posters there is only one way to look at things and anything else is wrong and you will be called on it. I am sorry but that is some of the stupidest lines of thinking I've ever heard. If everyone was in agreement here you'd see how fast this forum would go dormant.

There are some serious cognitive distortions going on here which are often signals of mental illness....for real, no joke.
        Are the cognitive disorders of the major mental illness type Axis 1 or Axis 2 disorders ?

Comment

I think the third camp is the most logical but it sure is frustrating watching DC make the same mistakes .

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post

over 1 million thread views... RIP
            Soon to be out of the NBA.

Comment

• Back to coaching.

Personally, I'm a little disappointed in the prospect of JJ starting over Ross, only because I want Ross' trade value to be as high as possible so we can move him. He's not a bad player, but minutes seem to really effect his confidence. It's my only explanation why they would start GV over him — to improve ball movement while motivating him to earn his starting job back.

Putting JJ in over him is basically an affirmation that yes, this guy is a better/more effective SF than you. It will be interesting how, and if, Ross can respond over the next few games.

Comment

I'm not exactly in any of those camps, I'm in the "he's earned the right to have a lot of regular-season leeway* and be judged primarily by playoff performance" camp.

*Which doesn't mean that we can't nitpick and criticize and second-guess every decision he makes during the regular season, I do that myself.

Comment

I'm in The 3rd camp..... I too hope he learns from his mistakes and becomes our championship coach. I haven't given up on him.

Personally, I just like sticking it to camp#1 because they're all geniuses and never make mistakes.... Also they blame him for EVERYTHING and give him very little credit for our record or success (which I believe is very unfair).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• #FireCasey

octothorp wrote: View Post
                    I'm not exactly in any of those camps, I'm in the "he's earned the right to have a lot of regular-season leeway* and be judged primarily by playoff performance" camp.

*Which doesn't mean that we can't nitpick and criticize and second-guess every decision he makes during the regular season, I do that myself.
                    Technically, you're in camp #3. I can tell when you wrote "he earned the right to a lot of regular season leeway and be judged primarily by playoff performance"....

That's pretty straightforward .... Camp# 3....NEXT!

Comment

There's a fourth camp which I count myself in and I know there are others. Failing a total catastrofuck, Casey stays for the season and has a crack at winning a playoff round (or 2 hopefully).

Then I hope if if there is potential to upgrade to a better coach, for the team and the franchise to get better, that Masai gives it very careful consideration just like he would with the potential to add a player / trade that would make the team better. I don't want to fire Casey mid year. I dont think the instability would be good, but I think we should be aiming to hire the best coach available. Period. Whenever that is. I think we can and must do better if we want to compete for a championship in coming yeara. in the meantime I wish him the best, hope the team can continue to grow with him as coach during this stage of their development.

Comment

• I should say I'd also be quite happy if Casey really could install a defensive foundation for the team. I haven't seen it consistently but it would be welcome. They seem to be working hard at it again, which I good. it would really help the team long term if defensive commitment and hustle, every game, became second nature. That's not just up to him, but for a defensive coach i'd like to see him deliver solid results. Not just last year, but this year too. Would like to see Demar make that his summer project this year. D. All summer. Become a good solid 2 way player.

Comment

• big boi wrote: View Post
                          There's a fourth camp which I count myself in and I know there are others. Failing a total catastrofuck, Casey stays for the season and has a crack at winning a playoff round (or 2 hopefully).

Then I hope if if there is potential to upgrade to a better coach, for the team and the franchise to get better, that Masai gives it very careful consideration just like he would with the potential to add a player / trade that would make the team better. I don't want to fire Casey mid year. I dont think the instability would be good, but I think we should be aiming to hire the best coach available. Period. Whenever that is. I think we can and must do better if we want to compete for a championship in coming yeara. in the meantime I wish him the best, hope the team can continue to grow with him as coach during this stage of their development.
                          This falls under camp# 3 as well...lol

Comment

• Casey is a continuity and consistency guy. Just listen to DeMar talk about how Casey hasn't changed since he got to Toronto how his message has remained consistent. Makes sense he's so hard headed about switching up rotations.

It's frustrating as hell to watch sometimes but it's hard to argue with the results. 2nd in the east and more wins through 50 games than we've averaged through 82. Or there abouts.....
                            Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
                            Because its 2015

Comment

• special1 wrote: View Post
                              This falls under camp# 3 as well...lol

It does? Well I have no expectation (or [realistic] hope) of him being an elite coach.

And I don't think the ideal scenario is him seeing out the rest of his contract.

Comment

• big boi wrote: View Post

I think I'm in camp 4.

To me camp 4 is you keep Casey until you're ready to do something major. There's no point in canning a coach mid-season with his track record, until you think you've built a roster that is a contender (we haven't).

I don't expect Casey to get fired until there is a major roster shake-up and the bar for success is even higher.
                                Last edited by bryan colangelo; Wed Feb 11, 2015, 02:45 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X