No announcement yet.

#FireCasey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'd fire Casey if this team fell below .500. Seriously, we overachieve and when we come back to earth we should fire the coach? Why is there even a thread on this? Crazy people.
    your pal,
    ebrian

Comment

• I'm trying to think of how many players on this roster are being used to their fullest potential. Lowry, maybe Lou.....that's about it.

We're all familiar with the injustice of Jonas.

Patterson has slowly transformed into a poor man's Channing Frye.

Vasquez, once considered the best backup PG in the game, is now nothing more than a Nate Robinson-esque chucker.

JJ, who has played well enough to start, is inexplicably in the doghouse.

But guys, we're 7-1 so who cares? Just be happy.

Comment

• RandomGuy wrote: View Post
        Im not sure what's your current impression about our players but it seems to me that you think of them as a bunch of guys drafted from baseketball league...
        Who on our team knows how to run off screens ? And can hit 3's as well as mid range? Don't say demar

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
          I'm trying to think of how many players on this roster are being used to their fullest potential. Lowry, maybe Lou.....that's about it.

Vasquez, once considered the best backup PG in the game, is now nothing more than a Nate Robinson-esque chucker.

I'd take Lowry off that list with the return of DeRozan and addition of Vasquez to the starting lineup. Lowry needs to get into the flow of the game and be the quarterback out of the gate, not relegated to co-ball-handler or quasi shooting guard.

It's also a matter of using guys 'properly', in a way that maximizes their natural abilities. Ross is a great example. He's a catch-and-shoot 3pt marksman. Every time I hear DC say that they're running DeRozan's plays for Ross, I want to bitch-slap DC through my tv. They're two totally different players with different skillsets, yet he's forcing them to the same player, playing the same role.

The list of improperly utilized players goes well beyond Ross.

Comment

• bryan colangelo wrote: View Post
            Here's a link to the 2006-2007 roster.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2006%E2...rwolves_season

You ponder it and tell me what the ceiling of that team is. .500 seems pretty good to me.

P.S. Take all the time you need, bud. Let me know when you stop hyperventilating.
            Kevin Garnett a franchise player who can pass, shoot and defend was healthy in 2006-07 and Casey was .500 against a Western Conference that wasn't that good. 8 teams in 06-07 were under .500 that season. Casey wasnt good or bad just a non-factor. The offense wasn't good the defense wasn't good and they had Kevin Garnett for the entire season except a couple of games. They were giving up open shots and weird players were getting minutes. Read comments

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...t=27291&page=4

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
              I'm trying to think of how many players on this roster are being used to their fullest potential. Lowry, maybe Lou.....that's about it.

Hansbrough seemed like he had more of a impact when he played for the Pacers, but I didn't watch too many of their games.

It's unfathomable to think of how GV could have averaged 10 assists for an entire season.

Jonas should be counted twice on this list.
              "Stop eating your sushi."
              "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
              "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
              - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• jonnywalker wrote: View Post
                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1gMc4Z9vqc0

"T-Ross gave us a lift off the bench"

0/3
                His post game interviews are hilarious

Some of the things he says makes no sense
                "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• ebrian wrote: View Post
                  I'd fire Casey if this team fell below .500. Seriously, we overachieve and when we come back to earth we should fire the coach? Why is there even a thread on this? Crazy people.
                  So 3-8 in our last 11 is back to Earth? With your incredibly low expectations I can see why you think this thread is crazy.

Comment

• Why is there no "When will Casey get fired" poll?

i.e.
                    By All-star Break
                    End of season
                    Next season
                    Never - will end up as Toronto's "Pops"

Not that I'd really bother with that last one.
                    If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                      Why is there no "When will Casey get fired" poll?

i.e.
                      By All-star Break
                      End of season
                      Next season
                      Never - will end up as Toronto's "Pops"

Not that I'd really bother with that last one.
                      Seems like most people agree he'll get to coach the rest of the year. But after every game we get more gasoline to throw on the "what the hell is Casey doing" fire. Hence 29 pages in this thread.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
                        Seems like most people agree he'll get to coach the rest of the year. But after every game we get more gasoline to throw on the "what the hell is Casey doing" fire. Hence 29 pages in this thread.
                        When there is 29 pages on a topic it must have some traction.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
                          I'd agree with most people
                          UNLESS
                          Those who are saying (and there's more than a few) that Casey is ruining JV's development are correct. In a case like that, what kind of GM would keep on a coach?
                          If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                            I'd agree with most people
                            UNLESS
                            Those who are saying (and there's more than a few) that Casey is ruining JV's development are correct. In a case like that, what kind of GM would keep on a coach?
                            Casey may not give JV touches because he doesn't know how. Bayno is working with him on what to do with the ball but getting him the ball is the problem. Casey isnt stifling JV any more than he stifled Novak. Casey can not set up a three point shooter and he can not feed a posting big.

SVG is good at getting Drummond or Monroe the ball in the post. Whether Drummond can do anything is a different problem.

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
                              Kevin Garnett a franchise player who can pass, shoot and defend was healthy in 2006-07 and Casey was .500 against a Western Conference that wasn't that good. 8 teams in 06-07 were under .500 that season. Casey wasnt good or bad just a non-factor. The offense wasn't good the defense wasn't good and they had Kevin Garnett for the entire season except a couple of games. They were giving up open shots and weird players were getting minutes. Read comments

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...t=27291&page=4
                              1) Opinions on the internet don't prove much, other than they're been angry dudes on the internet since it's conception, however ...

2) Some of those commenter acknowledge exactly what I'm saying: The Wolves firing Casey less to do with his performance, and more to do with Kevin McHale trying to save his job. McHale wasted Garnett's prime by surrounding him with trash year after year. Ricky Davis? Mark Blount? I mean, Eddie Griffin was a alcoholic. Their only other exciting prospect was Randy Foye.

God. Just remembering the ineptitude of that team's management makes my head hurt. It was Babcockian.

And you're right, 8-teams were under .500 — which means if they held onto Casey and his .500 record, they would have at least made the playoffs.

2) Other commenters mirror my opinion of the Raps situation ... there is absolutely no point in firing Casey unless you have a serious coaching upgrade in mind. I don't think Casey is a great coach, but he's not "a moron", and unless you have a much better coach and roster changes lined up, firing Casey mid-season and handing the keys to an assistant seems pretty pointless.

Actually, it's worse than pointless — it's management signalling to the team they don't believe in the coach or team as currently constructed, and are essentially giving up the season. That's why I disagree with your assertion that Casey should be fired immediately. Replacing Casey with Nick Nurse will not magically make the team better. In the short term, it would probably make the team play worse than they already are.

If the goal of the Raps is to make the second round this year, the team's best chance is rolling the dice with Casey with half the season already gone. That's probably a bitter pill for you to swallow, but that's just the situation. It reminds me of the Warriors last year, where everyone in the organization knew they could do better than Mark Jackson but they had to wait until the off-season to make it happen.

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
                                Casey may not give JV touches because he doesn't know how. Bayno is working with him on what to do with the ball but getting him the ball is the problem. Casey isnt stifling JV any more than he stifled Novak. Casey can not set up a three point shooter and he can not feed a posting big.

SVG is good at getting Drummond or Monroe the ball in the post. Whether Drummond can do anything is a different problem.
                                Which is exactly why he needs to go, a one dimensional coach can not survive in this league, especially when the main skill they were hired for (defence) is barely skating by.

Comment

Working...
                                X