Game #40: Toronto Raptors 93 - New Orleans Pelicans 95

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rocwell wrote: View Post
    If nobody is making the next game thread, I think I might use this image for it...
    OG is our king

Comment

• consmap wrote: View Post
      If nobody is making the next game thread, I think I might use this image for it...
      Anyone can make the game thread, we're not having any streaks lately...
      The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
        That's what happens when...you smoke the crackpipe??
        Explains the lack of offensive scheme... And defensive scheme for that matter
        A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
          something is rotten in the state of denmark
          Casey's going to get killed by his brother who will marry his wife and take over coaching duties, leading us to a 20 game win streak and first seed in the east, until Kyle goes mad and kills him, then we get trounced by the Hawks again?
          A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

• ball4life wrote: View Post
            but realistically he wont get fired this mid season. the GM will look stupid firing a coach of the team with a record of 27-14. any firing will happen in the off season. atleast i hope.
            He won't look stupid. He'll look stupid for not firing him when everyone and their mothers can clearly see our defense is a piece of shit and our offense is unsustainable. After the last 5 or so games, he'd be stupid not to make some sort of change.

Comment

• another clutch shot against Raptors can be added
              Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• e_wheazhy_ wrote: View Post
                He won't look stupid. He'll look stupid for not firing him when everyone and their mothers can clearly see our defense is a piece of shit and our offense is unsustainable. After the last 5 or so games, he'd be stupid not to make some sort of change.
                Stupid is firing a guy mid-season without having a real plan to replace him, i.e. Sacramento, or if your plan is to straight-up tank.

If the right guy became available, I think firing a coach is worth the risk. If not, you might as well wait until the offseason.

Let's get real, this team is more than a coaching change away from contending. It is two really solid players or a third all-star away from doing anything.

Comment

• bryan colangelo wrote: View Post
                  Stupid is firing a guy mid-season without having a real plan to replace him, i.e. Sacramento, or if your plan is to straight-up tank.

If the right guy became available, I think firing a coach is worth the risk. If not, you might as well wait until the offseason.

Let's get real, this team is more than a coaching change away. It is two really solid players or a third all-star away from doing anything.
                  So now your on the fire Casey bandwagon?
                  "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• Well, I wish I could say I am surprised. One good Q, three terrible ones against what are truly the dregs of the league - that team sucks WITH Anthony Davis.

Oh well. I feel that malaise setting in. I guess I'll just wait to see what happens.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Another thing that pissed me off besides GV guarding Evans there in the end was Ajinca(a scrub) DOMINATED the Raps frontcourt.
                      Raps bigs(JV, Amir, and PP) kept jumping off on Ajinca's pump fakes. Ridiculous.
                      Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                        Another thing that pissed me off besides GV guarding Evans there in the end was Ajinca(a scrub) DOMINATED the Raps frontcourt.
                        Raps bigs(JV, Amir, and PP) kept jumping off on Ajinca's pump fakes. Ridiculous.
                        Amir's play was particularly disappointing, relative to his own track record.

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
                          So now your on the fire Casey bandwagon?
                          Nah. I don't think firing Casey mid-season is realistic, to be honest. There's not many coaches out there that excite me to the point that I think it's worth dropping Casey mid-season.

But I've always said that the teams playoff performance will probably be make/break for Casey.

The team should seriously consider making a move before All-Star break though. And not just flipping expiring contracts and picks. I wonder what guys like Amir, GV and Ross would return in a trade.
                          Last edited by bryan colangelo; Mon Jan 19, 2015, 01:59 AM.

Comment

• e_wheazhy_ wrote: View Post
                            Im not so sure if firing him after a string of really bad games while our record is pretty good is "not stupid". we are half way through the season any change you make now wont make us that much better. better to ride out the season and fire his ass on the first day after season is over (after our first round exit). Kind of like what happened with Mark Jackson. everyone including himself knew he is a goner half way through last season.

Comment

• Firing Casey mid season would be stupid, and it is not going to happen.

I think we should be looking to trade GV to shake things up a bit. But I have some irrational hate for for GV.

IF Casey has to be fired after this season then I hope George Karl gets some serious wooing from Masai.

Comment

• symbot wrote: View Post
                                Firing Casey mid season would be stupid, and it is not going to happen.

I think we should be looking to trade GV to shake things up a bit. But I have some irrational hate for for GV.

IF Casey has to be fired after this season then I hope George Karl gets some serious wooing from Masai.
                                Why George Karl?

His style of run and gun is exactly what we should avoid.

Ray Allen hates George Karl because he always throws his players under the bus.

Sonics in 94 Playoffs were number 1 seed with 63-19 record and they lost to 42-40 8th seed Denver Nuggets in first round.

Casey was assistant under George Karl as well and took a lot of things from his style.

I agree about GV. There's no harm in trading him away
                                Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Working...
                                X