Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TRex wrote: View Post
    Why?

I thought he was horrible. He rebounded the ball well. But that's about it.
    thats it? He played viciously! Offensive rebounds, put backs... like 3 in the first quarter. He hit his shots, made great screens, rotated well, rebounded like a beast on both ends... his biggest falters occurred when we tried to iso him... but why we are trying to iso him makes no sense at all. CATCH HIM ON THE PNR!@#!
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
      Sooo been a while sines game's end and I'm still speachless about JVs 18:52 PT...

I just...

Like...

I...

...Fuck it
      I don't even get mad anymore tbh

No matter what Casey doesn't trust JV at all
      "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
        Actually, I thought other than the turnovers (3 of which were in the 1st half where his play was the main reason we built any decent lead) he played extremely well. Yes, turnovers are a problem. But mostly he was bad in the post, and that's easily avoidable by not giving it to him in the post.
        That's what i'm sayign. He's nowhere near ready yet to be a post up guy in this league. But yet some people here wants to see more JV post up. They gave him the ball in the post a lot in this game, and you all saw what happened. Turnovers left and right.
        Mamba Mentality

Comment

That's what i'm sayign. He's nowhere near ready yet to be a post up guy in this league. But yet some people here wants to see more JV post up. They gave him the ball in the post a lot in this game, and you all saw what happened. Turnovers left and right.
          We want more JV Pick and Rolls!!!!!!

That's his biggest strength on offense but we never run it

WHAT THE FUCK!
          "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• Casey should get credit for being able to send Ross to the bench and not totally make him lose his confidence. Also has done a great job building a supportive team. Casey really has these guys caring about each other. You don't usually see the player who replaced the previous starter cheering for the guy his competing with.
            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

I mean, it was a bad game for him in that way even by his own standards.

Some of us are more just frustrated by his lack of touches in general, and are especially confused at the lack of non-postup touches. We barely run any p'n'r for him. And drivers get tunnel vision on our team and frequently miss easy passes to all our bigs, not just JV.

And for goodness sake, can we teach one of our perimeter guys how to throw a decent entry pass? This is sadly too much of a problem and probably doesn't help his turnovers in the post. He gets position, and the guard can't get a pass in to him so he keeps coming out til he's 15-18 ft from the basket, after getting position about 6-8 ft to begin with.
              Last edited by white men can't jump; Tue Jan 20, 2015, 01:32 AM.

Comment

• Was anyone salivating over Po tonight while dreaming of Bruno? Not his whole game but just the parts where he put each arm out and basically cut off the paint for anyone to enter.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                  I mean, it was a bad game for him in that way even by his own standards.

And for goodness sake, can we teach one of our perimeter guys how to throw a decent entry pass?
                  It's both a lack of will and a lack of skill.

I think there it was the Detroit game where Lowry was carving up the Pistons by hitting our rolling bigs.

Sigh.

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
                    I don't even get mad anymore tbh

No matter what Casey doesn't trust JV at all
                    Ya I'm afraid my Raptors support is all but gone right now.

Got some rust to shake off anyhow after dislocating my finger...might as well hit the local gym. At least the offense there runs PnR's

My Raptors fix for the forseeable future will be tweeting at the Raps organization begging to fire Casey... the way they play sure as hell aint worth my 10hrs a week. Damn disgrace

Comment

• After Kyle's 1-9 from 3 pt, he's now shooting .332 on the year.
                      Chucker Vasquez is at .343

Not good
                      If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                        After Kyle's 1-9 from 3 pt, he's now shooting .332 on the year.
                        Chucker Vasquez is at .343

Not good
                        It used to be Lowry would pick his spots. Clock running down, wide open, or off a screen. Now he just throws the birds up while his team mates are trying to set up

Comment

I have zero issue with them going into the post. Yes, he had a bad turnover game, but he doesn't have that every game, and even in this one, he was still a net positive (partly because going to him in the post gets him fired up and he's more effective rebounding and defending). And yes, he needs to improve there - and how do you propose he does that except with in-game reps? His awareness in the post is only as rusty as it is because he gets so few opportunities there.

And of course, it would be even better to include him in the pick and roll, hitting him in motion down the lane, but I've given up on that happening anytime soon.

Point stands, even on a bad night in the post he's not a net negative, so why take him out?
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• I'm officially on the fire Casey wagon. This guy is fucking clueless.

OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
                            Sooo been a while sines game's end and I'm still speachless about JVs 18:52 PT...

I just...

Like...

I...

...Fuck it
                            It's obvious. Casey views JV as nothing more than a garbage big man.

Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
                            Patterson came in, was 1/1 in the quarter and the Bucks missed 3 times after Patterson came in, he grabbed the board 2/3 times.

JV in the quarter? 2 offensive boards on the same possession, 0/1 on a bunny, a 3 sec TO, a TO in the post and a loose ball foul. No defensive boards on 2 opportunities.

He had a good first half, bad third quarter so Casey decided to put in the subs and PPat played well so he left him in.
                            Be honest, if DD and Lowry are playing like absolute shit and Greivis/Lou are playing well, do you really think Casey is going to sit them the whole 4th? Yea, thought so.
                            "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• hotfuzz wrote: View Post
                              I'm officially on the fire Casey wagon. This guy is fucking clueless.

It's obvious. Casey views JV as nothing more than a garbage big man.

Be honest, if DD and Lowry are playing like absolute shit and Greivis/Lou are playing well, do you really think Casey is going to sit them the whole 4th? Yea, thought so.
                              First of all, JV isn't at DD or Lowry level of trust yet and he shouldn't be.

That being said, Demar didn't play well today and in turn only played 4 minutes in the fourth in a tight game so that should answer your question.

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
                                Was anyone salivating over Po tonight while dreaming of Bruno? Not his whole game but just the parts where he put each arm out and basically cut off the paint for anyone to enter.
                                Can't salivate when Bruno won't get playing time until 2025.

Comment

Working...
                                X