Why it's hard to fix the Raps via trade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

e_wheazhy_ wrote: View Post
    Guys I've figured out why we stopped playing well... After that tragic Portland game where we got robbed I stopped watching Raps games. The only 2 I actually watched were against Boston and Philly... Both wins
    Conculsion is Raptor need to play Boston and Philly more and average teams less

Comment

e_wheazhy_ wrote: View Post
      Guys I've figured out why we stopped playing well... After that tragic Portland game where we got robbed I stopped watching Raps games. The only 2 I actually watched were against Boston and Philly... Both wins
      Get him!
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

I'm gonna say about 70% of this is a slump and the other 30 is us just coming back to earth from our hot start. It's a LONG season. This team is more or less constructed to be a 50 win team and playing somewhere around 600 basketball.

As for trades there are numerous options to explore, I think it would be a mistake to go for the win now trades (West, Deng etc.) although I guess I would understand if we went that route. We are also a little too far along to go diamond mining and risk things. We should be looking at players like Thaddeus Young, Kevin Martin, Wilson Chandler, Arron Afflalo (not necessarily those guys SPECIFICALLY but guys that fit and help without giving up much).
        For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

Kyle anderson for t ross straight up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
            We should be looking at players like Thaddeus Young, Kevin Martin, Wilson Chandler, Arron Afflalo (not necessarily those guys SPECIFICALLY but guys that fit and help without giving up much).
            i'd be up for k mart off the bench (if he was willing) instead of lou because of his size & proficiency from deep. thad won't contribute much. chandler is a bit overrated but afflalo is exactly what we need.

Comment

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
              Why it is hard to fix the Raps via trade?

Because you can't trade coaches in the NBA.
              Dammit you beat me to it.

Stupid Casey....

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
                People I Will Shame When The Cavs Finish 8th
                1.) Day One - 2) JordanMariam14 - 3) Stooley - 4) Ceez - 5) Sam17
                6) mcHAPPY 7) ImanShumpert 8) Scraptor 9) Demographic Shift 10) Rocwell 11) Everyone
                So I will step up now and be shamed.

The LeBrons are 22 and 20 at the halfway point and in all likelihood to crack into the top 4 will have to go 30 and 10 the rest of the way. Given what they have done to date (Irivings aversion to team play and defense, Love who could spell defense but not much more) thats a pretty low probability.

So while Cleveland won;t finish 8th because the east drops off after 5 teams they won't be 1st or 2nd where the spirit of the bet was. Shaming done.
                There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                - TGO

Comment

Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                  So I will step up now and be shamed.

The LeBrons are 22 and 20 at the halfway point and in all likelihood to crack into the top 4 will have to go 30 and 10 the rest of the way. Given what they have done to date (Irivings aversion to team play and defense, Love who could spell defense but not much more) thats a pretty low probability.

So while Cleveland won;t finish 8th because the east drops off after 5 teams they won't be 1st or 2nd where the spirit of the bet was. Shaming done.
                  If Raptor face Cleveland its a first round sweep. Early in the playoff Lebron can just beat Toronto singlehandedly.

Comment

raptors999 wrote: View Post
                    If Raptor face Cleveland its a first round sweep. Early in the playoff Lebron can just beat Toronto singlehandedly.
                    I think Cleveland finishes as the 5th seed with a shot at 4. In all likelihood if they finish at 4 or 5 they will likely see either of the Bulls or Whiz in the first round. I think we get into the 3rd spot by virture of getting to play the Knicks/Celts/Sixers 4 times.
                    There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                    - TGO

Comment

The expirings of Landry/Chuck/

For:

Garnett, to a team that's looking for a backup big, a defensive player. He's got an expiring deal and it's not that bad

Comment

Working...
                      X