Terrence Ross the Problem Child

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Terrence Ross the Problem Child

Never seen Demar DeRozan this sad when we lost to the Grizzlies, now dropping another loss. With a few games left before the Allstar game and Trade deadline, I think we need to retool the Raps. Masaii needs to talk to Lowry and DeRozan personally and come up with ways to help the team and it looks like Terrence Ross is the odd man out. I feel like his not in our long term plan and does not gel along with DeRozan who both plays the same positition. We had our run but now it's time to flip the problem child.

1)
    Toronto out: Terrence Ross, Landry Fields, Tyler Hansborough
    Toronto in: Wilson Chandler, JJ Hickson

With this trade, we get Chandler as our starting SF and would provide much more offensive tool and veteran presence when playoff comes around. Hickson is an upgrade over Hansborough and would push Patrick Patterson for a battle as our backup PF beside Hickson can play some C as well. The Nuggets get a fresh young project in Ross, an expiring in Fields and a tough nosed defender in Hansborough. This trade works well for both team

2)
    Toronto out: Terrence Ross, Lucas Noguiera, 2015 1st round pick
    Toronto in: Tobias Harris

If we are looking for an upgrade over Ross, we might have to chip a 1st round pick to a buyer team and hope the Magic bite on this trade. We acquire a toughnosed of a SF in Tobias Harris who by all stats, beats Terrence Ross. Ross will start for the young Magic and possibly become their 2nd option behind Oladipo. I believe this trade works well for both team.

3) Toronto out: Terrence Ross, Amir Johnson, Landry Fields, Louis Williams, 2015 1st round pick, 2016 1st round pick (NYK)
    Toronto in: Lamarcus Aldridge, CJ McCollom

We could just throw a max at LMA when he becomes a free agent next year, although with this trade, we could sign him when offseason starts away, this way, it gives us half the season to value LMA's potential before he becomes a FA. Question is will Portland pull this trade and not make deep in the playoff. We give many assets for LMA and hoping The Blazers will bite. CJ McCollom is not Lou Will but can become a good spot up shooter down the road.

4) Toronto out: Terrence Ross, Grevais Vazquez
    Toronto in: Ryan Anderson, Luke Babbit, Nate Wolters

We acquire Ryan Anderson who could mold into a SF for us and he does shoot nice 3s. Nate Wolters is not Vazquez but is a decent backup PG for us for the rest of the season. Luke Babbit, perhaps with a change of scenery can be an efficient scorer like Mike Dunleavy Jr. The Pelicans is a young team and by acquring Terrence Ross, he would immediately start the team and Vazquez, his back with the Pelicans as a backup PG

4th trade is the only one I could see going through. Babbitt is vastly underrated.... and GV heading back home to NOLA would be nice. Not sure we could get Anderson and Wolters back as well.... we'd have to give up a pick to nab both. I'd prefer Anderson... as he can play the SF/PF spot.
    Axel wrote:
    Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
    KeonClark wrote:
    We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
    KeonClark wrote:
    I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

1) I have thought of deals for Chandler and / or Hickson, both could help the team, but Ross' potential may hold more value than either guy, as they don't move the needle too much

2) I like Harris, but that's 3 long term assets for 1 and Orlando still may not take the offer

3) way too much future assets for what would likely be a rental, plus now he's injured. If healthy don't see Blazers giving up LA

4) I've thought about Anderson too, but he CANNOT play the 3. Defensively he'd be torched. Offensively his game is a stretch 4
      Ball Don't Lie

Comment

phdmac wrote: View Post
        1) I have thought of deals for Chandler and / or Hickson, both could help the team, but Ross' potential may hold more value than either guy, as they don't move the needle too much

2) I like Harris, but that's 3 long term assets for 1 and Orlando still may not take the offer

3) way too much future assets for what would likely be a rental, plus now he's injured. If healthy don't see Blazers giving up LA

4) I've thought about Anderson too, but he CANNOT play the 3. Defensively he'd be torched. Offensively his game is a stretch 4
        If we used JJ at the 3 and Anderson at the 4, we'd be fine. And we'd have Babbitt, who brings us pretty solid SF play off the bench.
        Axel wrote:
        Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
        KeonClark wrote:
        We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
        KeonClark wrote:

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

Cody73 wrote: View Post
          If we used JJ at the 3 and Anderson at the 4, we'd be fine. And we'd have Babbitt, who brings us pretty solid SF play off the bench.
          Babbit is atrocious
          "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

MACK11 wrote: View Post
            Babbit is atrocious
            No he isn't. The guy can ball quite well... he just is in a funk this year.
            Axel wrote:
            KeonClark wrote:
            KeonClark wrote:

Comment

what in the world are you basing this on? He has shot over 40% once in his career, so what exactly does he do well?
              Ball Don't Lie

Comment

phdmac wrote: View Post
                what in the world are you basing this on? He has shot over 40% once in his career, so what exactly does he do well?
                He isn't afraid to get dirty. His 3-ball isn't bad, and he will drive... him as a back-up SF to JJ isn't terrible. He also has had some pretty solid outings in NOLA last year when he got a chance to start. I like his intensity.
                Axel wrote:
                KeonClark wrote:
                KeonClark wrote:

Comment

Working...
                X