Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Miles Plumlee Toronto Raptors Bound? Center In Exchange For Terrence Ross Rumored!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

raptors999 wrote: View Post
    Ross has no trade value based on what he has shown. Even JV isn't really tradable based on never being a factor in the second half of games. If Ross was exceeding Beal in production he would easily bring Arrafalo and Chandler from the Nuggets or Plumlee and Ennis and MU still wouldn't do it. Anybody trading him now isn't getting near best value just dumping a player that doesn't cost anything to keep.
    1. Jonas is eminently tradeable. He's a seven-footer who's quite clearly a beast on offense when he's let off the leash; the problem is his defense. But plenty of teams would say "we can teach him D, bigs take more time." Including us, for that matter, which is why we won't trade him for a non-superstar.

2. Ross has a 51-point game under his belt and if nothing else teams will look at him as being a heat-check guy, but most people figure he can probably be taught to become a rock-solid 3-and-D Danny Green type. Kyle Korver wasn't KYLE KORVER until he went to Chicago; plenty of teams will say "I think we can turn Ross into something where Toronto hasn't." He has value.

3. If you're going to trade him, we're coming into peak time to do it. This summer, we're going to have to decide if we extend Jonas and Ross, and their trade value will drop as a result because any team we might trade them to over the summer then has to take over that decision without having them play on their team first.

Comment

Hurricane_Herm wrote: View Post
      Gave me an idea: http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ll2sm53

Raps: Ennis, Staus
      Kings: Plumlee, Steemer
      PHX: Ross

Kings wanted front court help, PHX gets a good SG for their system, Raps bring the Canadians home.

Lowry/Vas/Ennis
      Derozan/Staus
      Johnson/Fields
      Amir/2pat
      Val/Hayes
      Not happening.
      Mamba Mentality

Comment

MACK11 wrote: View Post
        I'd take Green and Plums for Ross + whatever
        We finally agree on something
        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

If its true I'll do it. Ross became a place holder as soon as Bruno was drafted. Green is longer, stronger, more athletic and has more experience. Yes he has an attitude but, at least he shows he give a F***.

Also Miles is a good rim protector and were badly in need of that.
          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
            If its true I'll do it. Ross became a place holder as soon as Bruno was drafted. Green is longer, stronger, more athletic and has more experience. Yes he has an attitude but, at least he shows he give a F***.

That's speculation

According to Zainab Bruno is to replace DD. Ross could potentially move to the SG position (and be used to his talents)

Comment

Jonas, Amir, Tyler and 2Pat are all better rim protectors though. At least based on percentage.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                Jonas, Amir, Tyler and 2Pat are all better rim protectors though. At least based on percentage.
                He has the same amount of blocks as JV and playing 5 less minutes a game. His also pretty agile for his size. One thing I like about AB was his ability to hedge on screens. It would be nice to have a 7 footer that can do that again.
                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Blocks are not a good measure of rim protection.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

He has the same amount of blocks as JV and playing 5 less minutes a game. His also pretty agile for his size. One thing I like about AB was his ability to hedge on screens. It would be nice to have a 7 footer that can do that again.
                    AB could hedge because he never got back. If JV just hedged hard then let guys blow by he wouldn't look slow because he'd never try to get back.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                      Why is this a problem?
                      Exactly!
                      Somewhat like C Joseph w SA. Now he is a solid back up or even a spot starter.
                      I doubt T Ross will get any better HERE.
                      Also lets remember: Bigs (Plumlee) are always at a premium.

Comment

Mapko wrote: View Post
                        Exactly!
                        Somewhat like C Joseph w SA. Now he is a solid back up or even a spot starter.
                        I doubt T Ross will get any better HERE.
                        Also lets remember: Bigs (Plumlee) are always at a premium.
                        Raptors need an Amir type C not a JV/TH type. If there were more minutes available to a JV type big Raptors could just play JV. A mobile C who basically is ignored on offense like Wright.

Comment

raptors999 wrote: View Post
                          AB could hedge because he never got back. If JV just hedged hard then let guys blow by he wouldn't look slow because he'd never try to get back.
                          I don't know what your talking about. AB was a pretty good at hedging and recovery
                          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

I don't know what your talking about. AB was a pretty good at hedging and recovery
                            http://www.raptorsrepublic.com/2010/...-the-bargnani/

As long as Bargs doesn't have step 2 he was adequate. He quits after step 1

Comment

I don't think you can trade any player right now using the rationale that you're 'making room for Bruno' or whatever. I realize we all love the kid but he's given 0 indication that he's going to be ready any time soon and could still turn out to be a bust.

I'm fine with selling off on Ross as I don't think he's going to develop into the night in/night out player that the Raptors need now, or going forward, but I still think he has just enough of the potential tag surrounding him that you can get some half decent value. That won't last for much longer though, especially if his slide continues in Toronto.

If you can get Plumlee/Green for Ross and another spare part I'd do it.

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
                                And Ross is a 24 year old SG with basically no upside.

Come on, do you really think we can get a "big time" talent for Ross?

And i've been saying this for a while now, we need a backup C and a backup PG. Miles is no Mason but he's pretty good and a perfect fit for our team. He's an energy guy, good rebounder, he's 6'11(good size). Averaged 8/7 for the Suns last year in 24mpg.
                                That is a ridiculous thing to say. Ross has plenty of upside potential. It's just up to him if he wants to do anything about it. He needs to get stronger and and try to work on one thing per summer, like Demar does. I wouldn't want to trade Ross unless it really helped fix a problem. Either for a bigger, more established 3, or a solid 4. And I'd package a pick for the right player. But that doesn't mean I want to give up on Ross.

Comment

Working...
                                X