Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
    Who said that?

I really don't recall anyone stating that.

I recall people comparing stats in first/second year.

But as for stating Ross was better - really?

People would need to put down the pipe in that case.
    Ah it was a thread from the summer. People saying that Klay Thompson would be Terrence Ross's basement as a player, that they'd rather have Ross because he's younger and still developing (they're like a year apart in age), Ross was the better shooter, etc. I remember it came in a week where I also read DeMar = Melo, Amir/Patterson = current Duncan, James Johnson > Jimmy Butler.

Comment

• Fully wrote: View Post
      The team hasn't played well, and I agree that there's plenty of blame to go around, but I have to point out that the following:

"However when you don't believe in something it is tough to put your heart and soul in to it - regardless of monetary benefit.

Tough to constantly be told you're doing things wrong and punished for it when what is supposedly 'right' is a complete and utter fail."

..is just complete speculation as to what's going on with this team (and a little overdramatic to say the least), unless you've been granted unprecedented access to the Raptors locker room/training facility/chartered plane that you haven't told us about.
      +1
      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

The team hasn't played well, and I agree that there's plenty of blame to go around, but I have to point out that the following:

"However when you don't believe in something it is tough to put your heart and soul in to it - regardless of monetary benefit.

Tough to constantly be told you're doing things wrong and punished for it when what is supposedly 'right' is a complete and utter fail."

..is just complete speculation as to what's going on with this team (and a little overdramatic to say the least), unless you've been granted unprecedented access to the Raptors locker room/training facility/chartered plane that you haven't told us about.
        So basically you're splitting hairs over me leaving out, "in my opinion."

My bad.

However I was stating weeks ago something was up and it looked like he had lost part of the locker room. Everything you stated is correct in my acces to locker room however I've followed enough nba basketball and raptors in particular to know when something stinks. This team stinks. Something is fousty here. Given the obvious lack of accountability and sub patterns in games, now add to it the post game comments by Casey of late, it is clear there is a divide.

Maybe a few wins cleans things up but can't see that happening without serious changes to game plan.

#CaseyOutted

Comment

My bad.

However I was stating weeks ago something was up and it looked like he had lost part of the locker room. Everything you stated is correct in my acces to locker room however I've followed enough nba basketball and raptors in particular to know when something stinks. This team stinks. Something is fousty here. Given the obvious lack of accountability and sub patterns in games, now add to it the post game comments by Casey of late, it is clear there is a divide.

Maybe a few wins cleans things up but can't see that happening without serious changes to game plan.

#CaseyOutted
          I'm not splitting hairs. Obviously it's your opinion.

You've just completely made a story up in your head about what is happening and are connecting a bunch of dots to make it true. "Tough to constantly be told you're doing things wrong and punished for it when what is supposedly 'right' is a complete and utter fail." isn't just saying something is up with this team… you are clearly talking about specific instances with specific players. I guess I'm interested to hear what you're seeing/hearing/deducting.
          Last edited by Fully; Sat Jan 24, 2015, 10:46 AM.

Comment

• IN MY OPINION

when your coach is on record saying he lets guys do whatever they want on offence as long as the defence is there, and the defence isn't there yet the offence still does whatever it wants, then that coach has clearly lost control.

Comment

• raptors fans last year:

raptors fans this year:

Comment

My bad.

#CaseyOutted
                Just a question, how do you feel about Thibs and whatever is going on in chicGo, is he a bad coach too ?
                I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
                  Agreed about the casey thing. Everyone has just seemed so nonchalant about the losing like shit is just going to change itself. Someone needs to start feeling some pressure and getting at guys for not giving the effort needed to win. But Casey has to take a lot of blame for this losing as well. His scheme just isn't working. But at the same time you cant completely change things mid season so he's in a tough place.
                  ️Ya, I agree with you re Casey too. Hard to believe he's coming up with a cohesive offensive plan and nobody is willing to execute it. Even a simple motion offence would be good. And obvious to everyone they should be going inside out. And... I think fans could live with them losing, in the short term, if we thought they were playing the right way. If they were allowing JV to play through mistakes so that he could get better at spotting the double team, kicking it out to the right shooter etc. if the team started moving the ball again. I know I'd be more patient, because at least I'd see some light at the end of the tunnel.

Comment

• Yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
                    Just a question, how do you feel about Thibs and whatever is going on in chicGo, is he a bad coach too ?
                    No.

Players have come out and said it was B.S.

There is also a huge difference between Thibs and DC. Thibs is criticized for pushing guys too hard - no one questions his game strategy. DC is questioned for lack of accountability, playing favs, game preparation, and in game decisions.

Comment

Remember when people here were pooping all over those who said Klay was a better player than Demar? Yeah, fun times.
                      And Klay plays very solid d as well

Comment

I'm not splitting hairs. Obviously it's your opinion.

You've just completely made a story up in your head about what is happening and are connecting a bunch of dots to make it true. "Tough to constantly be told you're doing things wrong and punished for it when what is supposedly 'right' is a complete and utter fail." isn't just saying something is up with this team… you are clearly talking about specific instances with specific players. I guess I'm interested to hear what you're seeing/hearing/deducting.
                        Watch the games.
                        See the body language.
                        Starters sitting.
                        Productive players minutes cut.
                        JV handling.
                        Guard chucking.
                        Tweets.
                        Interviews.
                        Announcer comments.
                        Record of late.
                        Player interview comments - sometimes what they don't say speaks louder than what they do say.
                        Lack of bump with DD return.

All my opinions connect those dots.

Comment

No.

Players have come out and said it was B.S.

There is also a huge difference between Thibs and DC. Thibs is criticized for pushing guys too hard - no one questions his game strategy. DC is questioned for lack of accountability, playing favs, game preparation, and in game decisions.
                          Looks to me as if he's lost his locker room. They show up for some games and play amazing, then just sleepwalk through the rest

And I went on some bulls forums and they hate his rotations. They say he plays Heinrich too much. Their sf issue is a mess. And that they genially see him being fired...

Sounds familiar eh
                          I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

There is enough blame to go around.

However when you don't believe in something it is tough to put your heart and soul in to it - regardless of monetary benefit.

Tough to constantly be told you're doing things wrong and punished for it when what is supposedly 'right' is a complete and utter fail.

Both sides of the ball right now are a compete and utter fail - that is on Casey.
                            Ya there are 2 types of players. One of those types, professionals - with the attitude I want on my team, play hard regardless. This team hasn't done a fucking thing. They have not earned the right to take a night off or mail it in against a lesser team. And all the championship teams I've seen had great work habits. I mean watching Miami against us over the years, they could be forgiven for mailing it in against a lesser team, but they always worked hard, actually outworked us, first on the ground for a loose ball, always scrapping on the boards, all defensive effort. Those are good habits, that will help you win even when shots aren't falling. And those are the habits / players we need.

Comment

• Yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
                              Looks to me as if he's lost his locker room. They show up for some games and play amazing, then just sleepwalk through the rest

And I went on some bulls forums and they hate his rotations. They say he plays Heinrich too much. Their sf issue is a mess. And that they genially see him being fired...

Sounds familiar eh
                              Except their 2 SF are injured right now.

Hinrich concerns might have merit.

His expectations and demands probably are tough to handle in same manner as Scott Skiles - there is no sugarcoating, he tells it like it is.

Bulls biggest issue is they play to their competition - that comes from players,not coaches when a team has talent. If I had to guess they are bored and coasting to playoffs. Not to mention difficulty planning with Rose always a question mark and players likely missing chemistry.

Comment

• Watch the games. - Okay. Done.
                                See the body language. - Body Language doctor alert. But seriously, need some specific examples about the whole 'punished for doing the right thing' narrative.
                                Starters sitting. - JV? Yeah he gets his minutes yanked around. But he's been really inconsistent this season and continues to exhibit a low basketball IQ. Beyond that.. you can't be talking about Ross?
                                Productive players minutes cut. - Something seems to have gone on with JJ. What exactly happened is some of that wild speculation I was talking about. Who else you talking about?
                                JV handling. - Seems to be the same point as #2 and the above.
                                Guard chucking. - This isn't new and isn't a sign that Casey has 'lost' anything.
                                Tweets. - LOL
                                Interviews. - Who specifically? What comments specifically show that Casey is punishing certain players for doing the right thing?
                                Announcer comments. - See above
                                Record of late. - Team hasn't played well, there's no doubt about that. Could be more of a balance between coach/players than you let on though.
                                Player interview comments - sometimes what they don't say speaks louder than what they do say. - LOL!
                                Lack of bump with DD return. - Aren't you on record saying we're better off without DD?

Still waiting for proof of the narrative:

Bench has been really invested the last few games. The team gathered at Lowry's house in Philly to celebrate his all star success. Seriously, the team is struggling but there is literally 0 tangible proof that Casey is the spike that has divided this locker room.

Team hasn't played well lately at all. Plenty of blame to go around like you said. But let's have a rational discussion and not just run with wacky scenarios we've dreamed up to fit our #firecasey narrative.

Comment

Working...
                                X