Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• planetmars wrote: View Post
    DeMar should be the guy that helps us upgrade the PF spot. Someone like Derrick Favors as an example. Still young, has a decent contract especially with the cap going up. And might be expendable with the way Gobert has been playing. Booker has been a decent backup PF as well. Utah from what I recall has been trying to upgrade there SG spot for a while.
    If that is on the table -what is Masai waiting for?

Comment

• Comparing Ross and Demar is comparing two SG who do different things. Korver,Ray Allen,Reggie Miller and Wade, Jordan, Kobe were all SG and they aren't better or worse just different. Obviously, Ross and Demar arent HOF players but if Kobe tried to replace Miller on the Pacers he wouldn't be as effective in that offense.

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
        Favors and Gobert are pretty much untouchable

It's like us trading JV away
        How 'bout Kanter?

I mean if we can't get Favors with DeMar... Maybe we could try and get Kanter with Ross?
        Last edited by charlesnba23; Sun Jan 25, 2015, 01:56 AM.

Comment

• charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
          How 'bout Kanter?

I mean if we can't get Favors with DeMar... Maybe we could try and get Kanter with Ross?
          They have Heyward why would they want Ross

Comment

How 'bout Kanter?

Why bring in Kanter who a starting C? Don't we have Jonas? Or do you want Casey to bench Jonas even more?Besides, Ross isn't nearly enough to get Kanter.
            If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
              They have Heyward why would they want Ross
              Hewyard SF, Ross SG?
              If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

Comparing Ross and Demar is comparing two SG who do different things. Korver,Ray Allen,Reggie Miller and Wade, Jordan, Kobe were all SG and they aren't better or worse just different. Obviously, Ross and Demar arent HOF players but if Kobe tried to replace Miller on the Pacers he wouldn't be as effective in that offense.
                ummm. What? Yes those SG you mentioned can be talked about in terms of who was better and who was worse. They weren't just different. Jordan was better than all of them. Then Kobe, then wade...And btw that's some HOF company you have korver in, miller and Allen included. And I'd have miller over Allen.

Ross and DD are different. Ross is still quite raw. He may have a higher ceiling than DD but we don't know yet, and quite frankly I don't think Ross has put in the work. Ross is a natural 3 point shooter, demar isn't. Ross isnt good at creating his own shot off the dribble, demar is. Demar is much mor aggressive taking it to the basket and drawing fouls than Ross. They can be compared and one can also say who is better. And that is Demar, obviously

Comment

• big boi wrote: View Post
                  ummm. What? Yes those SG you mentioned can be talked about in terms of who was better and who was worse. They weren't just different. Jordan was better than all of them. Then Kobe, then wade...And btw that's some HOF company you have korver in, miller and Allen included. And I'd have miller over Allen.

Ross and DD are different. Ross is still quite raw. He may have a higher ceiling than DD but we don't know yet, and quite frankly I don't think Ross has put in the work. Ross is a natural 3 point shooter, demar isn't. Ross isnt good at creating his own shot off the dribble, demar is. Demar is much mor aggressive taking it to the basket and drawing fouls than Ross. They can be compared and one can also say who is better. And that is Demar, obviously
                  Its isn't about ranking HOF SG Jordan can be replaced with Wade in the Bulls offense. The result would be worse but the style of play would be the same. Replacing Miller for Jordan in the triangle would require a SF or PG who could penetrate or a low post big. Using Ross with Fields was a terrible idea if they were trying to get Ross to the rim since he'd be driving against 2-3 defenders. Demar wouldn't be effective with Fields as the SF.

Comment

• big boi wrote: View Post
                    This kinda sums up what Rap999 is saying; players are good when put in situations where they can succeed. Ross isn't as good as DD at isos and the offense the raptors play, but he could be much better than DD in an offense with more ball movement and catch and shoot opportunities.

Comment

• Ugh. Why is this on the main page? Mods, isn't there a trade scenario folder?
                      Some of the stuff I'm reading is borderline insanity.

Ross is better than Demar. Since When? Trade Jonus for a bag of fleas and someone
                      who blocks shots but nothing else. Trade Amir for PFs who are allergic to defense...

This is tiring.

All the players on the Raps are flawed -- remember? Players not wanting to come up here?
                      What makes this team work is that each player covers each others' flaws. They are a team
                      in the true sense of the word. Stars are not coming here unless they are drafted. There has
                      been no evidence to change that. and if the Raps trade for a star, gutting the team, they will
                      play themselves off a mediocre team.

The Raps are the sum of their parts -- deal with it.

Comment

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
                        This kinda sums up what Rap999 is saying; players are good when put in situations where they can succeed. Ross isn't as good as DD at isos and the offense the raptors play, but he could be much better than DD in an offense with more ball movement and catch and shoot opportunities.
                        It also requires a rethink of players he is surrounded by. Even Dermar benefits from TRoss more than GV. Both can shoot but GV needs the ball and prefers to drive and kick neither of which helps Demar who like to drive and operate midrange. DD + GV is OK but Lowry + GV + Demar really clogs up the floor and eats a lot of the clock because there are three ball handlers.

Comment

Its isn't about ranking HOF SG Jordan can be replaced with Wade in the Bulls offense. The result would be worse but the style of play would be the same. Replacing Miller for Jordan in the triangle would require a SF or PG who could penetrate or a low post big. Using Ross with Fields was a terrible idea if they were trying to get Ross to the rim since he'd be driving against 2-3 defenders. Demar wouldn't be effective with Fields as the SF.
                          gotcha. Fair point. Misunderstood.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                            Why bring in Kanter who a starting C? Don't we have Jonas? Or do you want Casey to bench Jonas even more?Besides, Ross isn't nearly enough to get Kanter.
                            Can't Kanter play PF?

Comment

Can't Kanter play
                              Fixed it for you

Comment

• black angus wrote: View Post
                                I will admit that I have never been a fan of Demar Derozan. I did warm up to him at the end of last season, but have never been completely sold. Also, keep in mind my view of Demar is based on his expectation of being an all-star with a $10 million per year salary. He has grown into a decent scoring threat; however, I would not consider him to be an elite scorer. He does not have the ability to take over games with his offence and it is too easy for other teams to get him off his game. He is a very weak 3-point shooter, and generally quite weak overall. He does have the ability to draw fouls, but rarely seems to have and-1's. (Someone may be able to check into this.) There is no other facet of the game in which Demar excels: he is a below average rebounder, less than stellar defender (on the ball and off the ball), poor passer, and does not seem to make his teammates better. Some may consider his salary to be reasonable, only improving his trade value.

I assume that no one wants to trade Lowry, so of the Raptor's second tier players and/or 'lifers', considering production, age, position, salary, etc., which player would you trade.
                                • Demar Derozan
                                • Jonas Valanciunas
                                There are so many things I could said. But let's keep it short : Demar is just a good fit in TO. He is approaching his ceiling (true); but what would you get for him?? We CANNOT build like Hou or Dallas or LA. We have to draft our own guys and develop them the best we can.
                                Here's a note : "Every player in the NBA is flawed, it's up to coaches to maximize their strengths and hide their weakness as much as possible".
                                Have you seen Harden ; or Lillard ; Howard - These guys are considered superstars, and yet, they have GLARING flaws.
                                I would love to trade for KD ; Lebron ; Curry and Thompson, who wouldn'T? But you have to be realistic.

TO system hide DD weaknesses well enough. DD performs well under pressure. Clutch FT shooters (can't put a price on that). He could put up all star numbers if our offensive schemes were a little better. Guess what I'm trying to say is that, there isn't really anyone who can replace Demar. There's only 1 Jimmy Butler to go around.

Comment

Working...
                                X