Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bryan colangelo wrote: View Post
    I worry about what Lowry's game will look like once he loses a step in his thirties.
    He's an under-the-rim player that hits shots from outside and doesn't rely on speed even half the time. Why are you worried?

Comment

• #ProveEm
      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
        I'm probably alone on this.....but I think trading DD may be addition by subtraction

Our offense is predicated too much around his particular strengths, which isn't necessarily the best style of offensive play.

If we removed him from the lineup and designed the offense to have shooters at the 2-3-4 spots, and utilized JV in the post to play inside-out we may be able to take the next step in the team's development.

Right now I feel like we are going to come up against DD's talent cap very soon, and it is going to limit the options/flexibility we have going forward. Trading DD will most likely make us worse in the short-term, but in the long term, keeping DD may be detrimental (poor wording?)

It even might be to our advantage to take one step back now to take two steps forward in the future
        See, but we'd have to completely rejigger the style of play on the fly to account for his absence. We saw how the offense and defense functions without DeRozan, and it ain't pretty. So we would need to tear down the system, probably get a new coach, and basically start from scratch.

And I'm done with one step back, two steps forward stuff. The Raptors have been doing this rebuiding thing for years, and a lot of the time, the people you think you are getting is not who they turn out to be. We don't know what stage of development Tobias Harris is in, but currently he's just not the player DeRozan is. And he may never get there. So yeah, if you need to free up the cap space because you know you're getting a true max guy, that's when you make your move. Right now though, you might be stuck with no Jimmy Butler (or equivalent) and a lesser player than what you traded DeRozan for, which would be a bit of a disaster.

Plus, if the Magic are not willing to pay Tobias Harris, why would they be willing to pay DeRozan?
        That is a normal collar. Move on, find a new slant.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
          #ProveEm
          #ProvEmIsFuckingStupid
          "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
            #ProvEmIsFuckingStupid
            Just hit ignore

#ProveEm
            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• #KeepCaseyonShortLeash
              Axel wrote:
              Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
              KeonClark wrote:
              We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
              KeonClark wrote:
              I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                Just pound it inside man. Bigmen win championships unless you got Lebron or MJ on your team
                I'm for not getting JV more touches and playing time (than what he is receiving) until he signs on the cheap. Problem is that even with the limited shots/mins. the kid is showing signs of breaking out in a big way. It's not going to be easy to sign him for a reasonable price.

Comment

• Mediumcore wrote: View Post
                  I'm for not getting JV more touches and playing time (than what he is receiving) until he signs on the cheap. Problem is that even with the limited shots/mins. the kid is showing signs of breaking out in a big way. It's not going to be easy to sign him for a reasonable price.
                  This is the dumbest shit i've ever heard.

It doesn't matter, JV is gonna get a huge deal either way (22 year old centres with PER > 20 are not exactly common), and we'll match any offer if we have to.

Hopefully we can lock him up before anyone else offers, but I doubt it.

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post

It doesn't matter, JV is gonna get a huge deal either way (22 year old centres with PER > 20 are not exactly common), and we'll match any offer if we have to.

So, no chance of locking him up for anything other than a max?

Comment

We're talking about this kids career, that is extremely selfish, and helps nobody. He loves it here from what I can see and I doubt he plans in leaving, but he should be paid what he deserves.

Comment

So, no chance of locking him up for anything other than a max?
                        Maybe. Depends on what the guy wants.... players have been known to sign on cheap when they want there team to win.
                        Axel wrote:
                        Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                        KeonClark wrote:
                        We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                        KeonClark wrote:
                        I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• breakin_ankles wrote: View Post
                          We're talking about this kids career, that is extremely selfish, and helps nobody. He loves it here from what I can see and I doubt he plans in leaving, but he should be paid what he deserves.
                          How is that selfish? It's not like he's not already a huge part of the team on both ends of the floor and not like he isn't going to get a boat load of money. Should we pay DD more because his contract looks like a good deal now or should Golden State rework Curry's contract 'cause he's blown up and deserves more? It's good buisness and strategizing.

Comment

• I don't think the handling of Jonas has anything to do with some large behind the scenes plan to get him at a cheaper price.

It would be far too risky a plan. You don't want to piss him off so he wants to go somewhere else. You don't want young prospects thinking they won't get fair minutes or fair negotiations for their contracts. It'll create a bad reputation for the team among players and agents. All for what? To try and get a million or two a year off what's sure to be a large contract? And could end up compromising your ability to do business across the whole league? Yeah...don't think so...

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post

It will be in raps best interest to keep their cap hold.

He will be getting more than $11M per year.

Masai does Raps business, then signs him.....at least I hope

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
                                He's an under-the-rim player that hits shots from outside and doesn't rely on speed even half the time. Why are you worried?
                                Exactly, Lowry is the type of player that you're more confident in being effective into his 30s, not less.
                                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Working...
                                X