Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ezz_bee wrote: View Post
    I was an early adopter on the trade Bargs bandwagon.
    Never been a big Demar fan, and have campaigned HARD in the past to get him shipped out. I agree with all the points people here are making about his game.

That said, the only way I make a trade is if what I'm getting back is more talent, and that will help BOTH this year and in the future. That's a very tall order. So tall in fact, that I just cannot see a scenario in which Derozan gets traded before the deadline. Derozan straight up for Klay Thompson or Jimmy Butler? That trade isn't going to be available.

Before the season began I think most people saw us winning a playoff series and playing a tight second round, and maybe squeaking into the conference finals. Expectations soared a bit based on how hot we started, and now we've come back to earth. It still looks like the Raps have as good a shot as anyone in the conference for the 2nd seed (currently 1.5 games back from Washington) and even with the recent dip in poor play, I still think odds are we'll get out of the first round.

I'm okay with firing Casey and/or trading Demar in the off-season, but doing it now, just seems like you're taking one step back without taking any steps forward.
    I'm trying to think of a better shooting guard that's available in a trade, or one with higher upside. Like if you could trade up by packaging Demar with a pick. I'm drawing a blank.

The better shooting guards like Klay and Butler are on winning teams and they aren't going anywhere.

Comment

• Not in favor of trading Demar but Wesley Mathews or Lance Steph at the 2. Get a PG like Dragic or Bledsoe or a SF like Deng, Batum or even Gay. DD plays both wings

Comment

• good trololo attempt, well done. Especially the pool, thanks for many options dude.
        Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

• Again .....

Comment

• Is the question "who should have more trade value"? Because "who do you trade first?" doesn't really make sense unless you know who's coming back. I trade Lowry before either of them if the offer is getting Chris Paul for Lowry compared to Metta World Peace for DeRozan.

Anyways, Valanciunas has more trade value. I don't think that's much of a question. That said, I think DeRozan may be a little more valuable than his perceived value and Valanciunas may be a little less valuable than perceived, at least among Raptors fans. I have no idea what the perception is in the league. So I trade Val first? I just don't really get the question.
            That is a normal collar. Move on, find a new slant.

Comment

• I must say that of all the allstars the Raps have had (Carter, Davis, Bosh, DeRozan, and now Lowry), DeRozan to me is the most frustrating to watch. The forced jumpers make me want to hurt someone.

Having said that, he's still one of the most valuable pieces on this roster. You don't dump him for the sake of dumping him. If there's a hypothetical deal that ships DeRozan and makes us better, do it (but this same principle applies to everyone on the roster).

Comment

• ezz_bee wrote: View Post
                EDIT: Basically if I'm Masai, I don't think this is a finals team, BUT the players and coaches deserve the chance to see how far they can take it. If they don't get out of the second round, Casey is gone, as long as I think I have an upgrade coach available.
                A little harsh, no? Out of the second round would mean that your expectation for Casey is top 2 in the East. This team is not a top 2 in the East team.

If they only win 45-48 games and lose in the first round again, yeah, I'm OK with letting Casey go. If they win 50 or more and lose in the first round, it would depend who they played. If they ended up against a Cavs team that suddenly got it together, or a Pistons team who just dominated the Raptors up front, I'd be inclined to side with the coach. Second round or further, Casey deserves to keep his job.

Anyways, that was a digression.

Comment

• I have a better question. Would you trade DeRozan for Rudy Gay straight up?
                  A wise man once said: F*ck Brooklyn!

Comment

• Trading Jonas would be stupid.

Trading DeMar wouldn't necessarily because of his next contract (if Hayward can get the max, DeMar is getting it as well but the max will be much higher). Talent wise his value is not that critical but he's like Amir. You lose him and you lose one of the pillars to the team. Would Lowry be happy with him gone? Would some of the other players? I'd have to see what we are getting back of course. A young potential all-star is better than some veteran or some draft picks/rookies. Unless you move him for Wiggins because that would be awesome.

Masai will not be moving him this season. It would be an off season move and even then it would be a tough decision as he'll get a lot of backlash for it if he's not careful with it. Too many DeMar fans out there.

Comment

• ball4life wrote: View Post
                      and... Special1 to go "meet the spartans" mode and kick everybody off of the cliff.
                      I almost spewed my coffee when i read this.....hilarious! lmao

Comment

• For those who care about Bill Simmons trade value column:

DeMar came 55th in the NBA, Jonas came 49th.

Lowry hasn't appeared yet, so he's somewhere in the top 37.

Comment

• http://grantland.com/features/2015-n...-value-part-1/

This year’s Honorable Honorable Mention Trade Value guys:

DeMar DeRozan: We’re so loaded from a Trade Value standpoint, I couldn’t squeeze in a 20-point scorer from a playoff contender who (a) has a bargain contract, (b) plays the league’s weakest position (2-guard), (c) made the 2014 All-Star team, and (d) gets to the line as relentlessly as anyone who doesn’t have a smelly beard.

(Hold on, lemme start it for you, Toronto fans: DEMAR DEROZAN WAS SNUBBED! NOBODY BELIEVES IN US! THIS LIST IS FLAWED! TYPICAL AMERICAN MEDIA MEMBER DISCOUNTING T-DOT! SIMMONS SUCKS! Can we keep going now? Thanks.)

GROUP M: “I’m Hanging Up and Calling You Back From a Pay Phone”11

55. DeMar DeRozan
                          54. Ty Lawson
                          I lied — DeRozan made the top 60. Just wanted to get Canadians riled up for a few minutes. In the “superbly priced starter with a glaring flaw” competition (outside shooting for DeRozan, defense for Lawson), I like Lawson just a little more. Pushing his candidacy over the top: He’s been our runaway 2014-15 Social Media MVP thanks to Reddit AMAs that mention Chandler Parsons’s sex life and push for NBA in Seattle, funny tweets that poke fun at other NBA players, and even Twitter caption contests for free Nuggets tickets. He’s a mortal lock to complain about this ranking and take at least one Twitter shot at me. I LOVE YOU, TY LAWSON! (SOCIAL MEDIA) M-V-P! (SOCIAL MEDIA) M-V-P! (SOCIAL MEDIA) M-V-P!

He be trolling the District of DeRozan haaaaaarrrrrrrrrd!

GROUP L: “I Know, I Know, We’re Being Irrational”

49. Jonas Valanciunas
                          48. Nikola Vucevic
                          Two enticing young centers with defensive flaws: Jonas needs to fix the whole “I’m playing for a contender that’s afraid to keep me out there in the fourth quarter” thing, and Vucevic needs to fix the whole “Right now, I’m a much better fantasy player than a real NBA player” thing. At gunpoint, I’d pick Vucevic only because we have to take every current Magic player’s career with a grain of salt — it’s unclear whether Jacque Vaughn should be managing a Costco, much less coaching an NBA team.

That reminds me: There’s a heated six-way race right now between Vaughn, Monty Williams, David Blatt, Byron Scott, Scott Brooks and Ty “I’m Baaaaaack!” Corbin for 2015’s coveted Vinny Del Negro Award, given annually to the bumbling NBA coach who generated the most night-to-night Twitter snark. I’m going to announce this award on Twitter with 27 seconds left to go in the regular season, but only after I accidentally called my last timeout after blowing my chance for a two-for-one. And then I’m going to have Tyreke Evans retweet me with one second left in the regular season while standing 22 feet from his computer with a hand in his face. Stay tuned.

Comment

• DD is Corey Maggette 2.0

Lives and dies by the whistle
                            "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
                              DD is Corey Maggette 2.0

Lou and Lowry are getting worse. Instead of just making shots they try for fouls. They've given up makable buckets for FTA more than either used to. Lou came in getting fouled trying to score now he is just chucking hoping to pickup a foul.

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
                                DD is Corey Maggette 2.0

Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Working...
                                X