Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• distorsun wrote: View Post
    There are so many things I could said. But let's keep it short : Demar is just a good fit in TO. He is approaching his ceiling (true); but what would you get for him?? We CANNOT build like Hou or Dallas or LA. We have to draft our own guys and develop them the best we can.
    Here's a note : "Every player in the NBA is flawed, it's up to coaches to maximize their strengths and hide their weakness as much as possible".
    Have you seen Harden ; or Lillard ; Howard - These guys are considered superstars, and yet, they have GLARING flaws.
    I would love to trade for KD ; Lebron ; Curry and Thompson, who wouldn'T? But you have to be realistic.

TO system hide DD weaknesses well enough. DD performs well under pressure. Clutch FT shooters (can't put a price on that). He could put up all star numbers if our offensive schemes were a little better. Guess what I'm trying to say is that, there isn't really anyone who can replace Demar. There's only 1 Jimmy Butler to go around.

I think the main reason why I wouldn't mind seeing DeMar traded is because of his next contract. He's going to be an unrestricted free agent when the cap goes boom (and when many teams will have cap space because Durant and James will most likely be free agents then as well). If Hayward or Parsons can get the max, you know DeMar will get as much or more. His max can be in the $20M range (that's like Rudy Gay numbers). If DeMar and his agent demands a big ransom that can turn this team into a mediocre one pretty quickly. If DeMar goes somewhere else, we lose a pretty good asset and still haven't become true contenders.

I believe the best thing to do would be to listen to offers now. Make him available but silently to teams, such that it doesn't get in to the press. If a small market team is trying to push themselves into the playoffs, and are willing to give up a nice asset I think Masai should strongly consider it. I don't think he should be untouchable is basically what I'm saying.

If we do trade him and if we do not get a SG/SF in return, then we find some stop gap solutions. If you can't get Butler, then Wes Matthews or DeMarre Carroll are free agents as well.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
      I think the main reason why I wouldn't mind seeing DeMar traded is because of his next contract. He's going to be an unrestricted free agent when the cap goes boom (and when many teams will have cap space because Durant and James will most likely be free agents then as well). If Hayward or Parsons can get the max, you know DeMar will get as much or more. His max can be in the $20M range (that's like Rudy Gay numbers). If DeMar and his agent demands a big ransom that can turn this team into a mediocre one pretty quickly.
      Rubio and Bledsoe demanded a max ffs. These agents need to chill.. But anyway, I see us keeping DeMar for around 15M... that's if he doesn't get big offers elsewhere (like Bledsoe).

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
        Rubio and Bledsoe demanded a max ffs. These agents need to chill.. But anyway, I see us keeping DeMar for around 15M... that's if he doesn't get big offers elsewhere (like Bledsoe).
        Rubio and Bledsoe don't even belong in the same sentence.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
          Rubio and Bledsoe don't even belong in the same sentence.
          Well... I put them in the same sentence lol. Mr. Can't-Play-82-Games-Bledsoe asked for a maximum contract based on half a season of play. Let that sink in.

Comment

Well... I put them in the same sentence lol. Mr. Can't-Play-82-Games-Bledsoe asked for a maximum contract based on half a season of play. Let that sink in.
            I get your point. I was mainly speaking about how much Rubio sucks.

Bledsoe is having a pretty solid year. Rubio, would be better suited for touring in buses with the Globetrotters.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
              I get your point. I was mainly speaking about how much Rubio sucks.

Bledsoe is having a pretty solid year. Rubio, would be better suited for touring in buses with the Globetrotters.
              He's actually not THAT bad. 8.5 assists, 2.2 steals and 4 boards per game (with 80% FT shooting) put him in a group that includes: magic, kidd, paul, tim hardaway, and isiah thomas.

Kind of ruins my initial point of how his max contract plea was ridiculous but he doesn't have a jumpshot (or any scoring capabilities) so he's obviously not at that tier of play.
              Last edited by tDotted; Mon Jan 26, 2015, 05:23 PM.

Comment

He's actually not THAT bad. 8.5 assists, 2.2 steals and 4 boards per game (with 80% FT shooting) put him in a group that includes: magic, kidd, paul, tim hardaway, and isiah thomas.

Kind of ruins my initial point of how his max contract plea was ridiculous but he doesn't have a jumpshot so he's obviously not at that tier of play.
                Rubio benefitted from Love. Love is a high assisted FG guy. Both helped each others stats.

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
                  Rubio benefitted from Love. Love is a high assisted FG guy. Both helped each others stats.
                  rubio was averaging 10 a game before he went down this year.

Comment

Over five games. Teams will adjust like they did to Rondo. Rubio will need to dribble a lot to create scoring chances. Rondo looked like a ball hog and assist padder but his teammates were terrible too.

Comment

dude that was over FIVE games. who gives a shit. rubio blows chunks. hes not even close to jason kidd/chris paul/whoever else you said.

Comment

• iblastoff wrote: View Post
                        dude that was over FIVE games.
                        raptors999 wrote: View Post
                        Over five games. Teams will adjust like they did to Rondo. Rubio will need to dribble a lot to create scoring chances.
                        R999 said Love boosts his assists. He matched his career high of 17 assists against the bulls without Kevin Love in less minutes. That's why I even brought up the 10 APG.

iblastoff wrote: View Post
                        dude that was over FIVE games. who gives a shit. rubio blows chunks. hes not even close to jason kidd/chris paul/whoever else you said.
                        Well, I look at STATS . Cold hard irrefutable unbiased unwavering indubitable unequivocal STATS. I probably should edit my previous post and make that font size bigger but I said that "he's obviously not at that tier of play" (in reference to those players). Just letting you know his averages last season don't come by often. (Historical in a sense)
                        Last edited by tDotted; Mon Jan 26, 2015, 05:29 PM.

Comment

R999 said Love boosts his assists. He matched his career high of 17 assists against the bulls without Kevin Love in less minutes. That's why I even brought up the 10 APG.

Well, I look at STATS . Cold hard irrefutable unbiased unwavering indubitable unequivocal STATS. I probably should edit my previous post and make that font size bigger but I said that "he's obviously not at that tier of play" (in reference to those players). Just letting you know his averages last season don't come by often. (Historical in a sense)
                          Those are such arbritary endpoints and of course Rubio's ppg was 9.5, the lowest after that was over 15 (For Paul) and then over 18 was next.

Rubio is perhaps a top 15 point guard when healthy but even thats a stretch.

I'd take Paul, Curry, Lowry, Lilliard, Conley, Teague, Parker, Irving, Wall, Rondo, Westbrook, Dragic, Lawson (in no order)

without even blinking (and I'm sure I'm forgetting some) with guys like Rose, Bledsoe being injury risks but still with higher upside.

Isn't Rubio more in the D-Will, Brandon knight, Kemba, Thomas range?

Comment

• If you don't want to pay DeRozan $20+ million, you trade him sooner than later.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                              If you don't want to pay DeRozan $20+ million, you trade him sooner than later.
                              And I don't think anyone in their right mind thinks DeRozan is a max player.

Comment

• Jrice9 wrote: View Post
                                Isn't Rubio more in the D-Will, Brandon knight, Kemba, Thomas range?
                                Was just saying, Rubio isn't as bad as some people perceive him to be. Let's get away from this discussion.

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                                If you don't want to pay DeRozan $20+ million, you trade him sooner than later.
                                We've still got a whole year for his trade value to go up. Maybe convince him to opt in to his 9.5M? lol but seriously, I doubt he gets a 20M offer next season (maybe from the Knicks)

Comment

Working...
                                X