Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it time to trade Demar DeRozan

Damn u quoted what i thought to be a rude comment. Meh I guess it's meant to be!
    Oldscoolcool # 1
    Last edited by SamMitchells; Sat Jan 24, 2015, 04:07 PM.
    2006-07 NBA Coach of the Year

Comment

• SamMitchells wrote: View Post
      Yeah.. Demar has the potential to kill this franchise . I'm not too aware of all the financial stuff, but from what I've read here, if he asks for too much we won't be able to grab a superstar like durant , but if he remains humble then we can.
      To guess about what a player is worth, try to look at what his peers are making. Right now, the best 2 guards are Harden, Thompson, Ellis, Wade, Beal, Wesley Matthews (?). Its the weakest position right now in the NBA and DD and his agent can make a good argument that he is better, or as good as most of those guys. Since he is one of the better 2 guards in the league, he can ask to be paid like those guys. I think there is more value in paying highly for a pf or sf personally.

@TRex While the raps are having what should end up being their best season, that doesn't mean that the team can't get better. There is a limit to how good the Raps can be if DD is their best scoring option, which means you need to ask how good you want the Raps to be. If you want to make deep playoff runs, I don't think you want to pay DD the max.

Comment

• If DD is who we're building around we're totally screwed . Might lose interest in raps because he can't be taking the most shots in a game.
        Right now , it's ok, but in years to come .. No way
        2006-07 NBA Coach of the Year

Comment

• For shits and giggles I traded DD and GV to Philly for Wroten and J. Rich

Hollinger said Philly would get worse from that trade (and Raps stay even)

Comment

• To me it appears this team is built around lowry and JV, it looks more like the team will be built with filler pieces between those too. With lowry running the point and JV owning the paint (he is showing signs, if he was given more touches / plays for him) this team can be dangerous. DD is a great player, but that's all he is, is a complimentary piece. He should not be paid more than lowry, but most likely will if we keep him. I would guess between 12-14 mil

Comment

• DeMar should be the guy that helps us upgrade the PF spot. Someone like Derrick Favors as an example. Still young, has a decent contract especially with the cap going up. And might be expendable with the way Gobert has been playing. Booker has been a decent backup PF as well. Utah from what I recall has been trying to upgrade there SG spot for a while.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                DeMar should be the guy that helps us upgrade the PF spot. Someone like Derrick Favors as an example. Still young, has a decent contract especially with the cap going up. And might be expendable with the way Gobert has been playing. Booker has been a decent backup PF as well. Utah from what I recall has been trying to upgrade there SG spot for a while.
                Oh man...I'd be all over Favors. A Favors-JV-2Pat frontcourt....I'm drooling a bit thinking about it.

Comment

• DD+Amir for Favors works money wise

Still would probably have to give up a pick to get him. I would be ok with that too

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
                    DD+Amir for Favors works money wise

Still would probably have to give up a pick to get him. I would be ok with that too
                    not a trade i want to make until we fire casey, though. Favors would be completely underutilized (ignored) in our "offence".

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
                      not a trade i want to make until we fire casey, though. Favors would be completely underutilized (ignored) in our "offence".
                      Haha I agree

Though if we are going to make changes I would like if we make them all in one go, then be patient. We should not constantly change things over a long period. Get a group together and be patient with them

Comment

DD+Amir for Favors works money wise

I think that Favors is basically untouchable for them, but maybe they really like DD. I would really like the Raps front court with Favs.

Comment

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
                          I think that Favors is basically untouchable for them, but maybe they really like DD. I would really like the Raps front court with Favs.
                          Ya I think he is untouchable as well.

That's why I put down 2 solid pro's and a draft pick. Wont be easy to pry him from them.

Comment

Ya I think he is untouchable as well.

That's why I put down 2 solid pro's and a draft pick. Wont be easy to pry him from them.
                            Favors and Gobert are pretty much untouchable

It's like us trading JV away
                            "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                              Says by the guy who thinks Ross is a better 2 guard than DeRozan and should be the team's 2 guard going forward.

Says by the guy that wants more JV post ups.

Says by the guy who calls JV a cornerstone player.

I can go on and on lol.

#DumbFan
                              and he's right about 2 and 3

Comment

• Other Scott wrote: View Post
                                Is the question "who should have more trade value"? Because "who do you trade first?" doesn't really make sense unless you know who's coming back. I trade Lowry before either of them if the offer is getting Chris Paul for Lowry compared to Metta World Peace for DeRozan.

Anyways, Valanciunas has more trade value. I don't think that's much of a question. That said, I think DeRozan may be a little more valuable than his perceived value and Valanciunas may be a little less valuable than perceived, at least among Raptors fans. I have no idea what the perception is in the league. So I trade Val first? I just don't really get the question.
                                Perhaps the question (who do you trade) is flawed.
                                After all you can trade DD for a 1 or 2 or 3 or 4 or 5 and the team MAY be better esp. considering we have other options at SG.
                                If you trade JV for anything but another 5 -who will play the center? Hayes? Stiemsma?
                                I voted to trade DD iff we have to and return is good. But to trade a guy that is a borderline AS, loves To, excellent work ethic, great value (current contract) & overall above average player -makes no sense unless return is very good.
                                Finally lets not be delusional: we are not getting K Thompson or J Butler for DD.

Comment

Working...
                                X