Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
    1. This debate has raged across the Raptors fan base basically since DeMar's sophomore season.

2. Aside from a small minority, I think most forum members understand that DeMar is a good player with flaws. Hardly anyone considers him a superstar.

3. Whether or not you think there's merit in trading him, the likelihood is so low that it holds almost as much discussion value as signing Jimmy Butler. It just won't happen, because:
    a) Masai values chemistry and continuity above all else.
    b) The average fan would wonder why we're making changes with such a great record.
    c) The upside is questionable relative to the downside.
    .... Basically the same reasons we kept Casey.

That said, I expect this thread to go for thirty pages and for mcHappy to start calling everyone the District of DeRozan.
    and... Special1 to go "meet the spartans" mode and kick everybody off of the cliff.

Comment

• Actually the OP's assessment of Derozan was correct to a tee. He really brings nothing to the table other than getting to the line. More often than not he's a possession killer. Fade away city.
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Don't trade either our not quite big three is lowry derozan valanciunas, second tier of players I wouldn't want to trade away are amir and 2pat, they're pretty big to us, and third tier is jj and hayes who fulfil rolls we don't have either guys able to do, would be nice if hayes would take a pay cut for us(amir and gv too). the rest are tradeable to me, and I like t ross, I think, he's infuriating sometimes. gv,ross and fields are the pieces I'd be trying to ship, although not right now, there trade value is probably lower than their actual value. things we need, a defensive guard, a defencive big (preferably a centre good on pick and roll too) and a consistent 3+D wing.

Comment

• Woah, calm down man.
          The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• Probably not going to be a popular opinion buuuuuut......

I'd trade DeRozan and Lou BEFORE firing Casey.

Those guys are not going to have as much value playing in a non-ISO environment.

Maybe I am wrong on this. I don't have usual conviction on the idea. I don't think either guys value will ever be higher than now. Lou has drawback of expiring.

Comment

• DeMar, if you don't want to pay him 20 million per year, needs to be moved by the deadline to maximize his value. Now, perhaps you DO want to pay him that much, YMMV, but I don't. But you definitely don't want to lose him for nothing, nor trade him as a rental for limited return. So to me those are the two choices.

And, no, you don't trade a C with a PER of 20+ at the age of 22 on a rookie scale deal.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• SamMitchells wrote: View Post
                What's wrong with you guys? OP made good points. Demar is barely a superstar , yes barely. Well actually I don't even know if he's a superstar , he's an Allstar that's all.
                He often gets too ahead of himself and thinks he's kobe.. I think we (fans and te team) have gassed him up too much.
                I do like him personality wise and he has great work ethic , but he's simply not as skilled as many of you wish he was or are deceived to think he is.

Would love to know Raptors999 / oldscoolcool opinions

Jimmy butler is 5x DeRozan
                Who said Derozan was a superstar?? Nobody. Allstar and superstar are completely different beasts.

Comment

• How is that poll even a question? You trade Demar before JV 99 times out of 100, and the 1 time is if you are getting Anthony Davis back.

Comment

• JV is the building point of this team.

Comment

• A) dear us not getting 20 million out of us, if he does my hope in this team dwindles greatly.. How in the he are we going to attempt to grab somebody like Durant if we pay him any more than 12-14 million depending on term length. Like ffs, lowry has been better all around and more consistent... He only got 12.

B) does the thought cross nobody's mind that although JV may have love for this organization and team, come free agency he will most likely be pursued heavily, offered alot of money and guaranteed playing time somewhere else. Something he may be considering more and more with how he is neglected by our offence. This is another major reason why I hope Casey gets canned.

Comment

• breakin_ankles wrote: View Post
                        A) dear us not getting 20 million out of us, if he does my hope in this team dwindles greatly.. How in the he are we going to attempt to grab somebody like Durant if we pay him any more than 12-14 million depending on term length. Like ffs, lowry has been better all around and more consistent... He only got 12.

B) does the thought cross nobody's mind that although JV may have love for this organization and team, come free agency he will most likely be pursued heavily, offered alot of money and guaranteed playing time somewhere else. Something he may be considering more and more with how he is neglected by our offence. This is another major reason why I hope Casey gets canned.
                        I meant demar is not.... Somebody needs to teach me how to edit posts.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                          Probably not going to be a popular opinion buuuuuut......

I'd trade DeRozan and Lou BEFORE firing Casey.

Those guys are not going to have as much value playing in a non-ISO environment.

Maybe I am wrong on this. I don't have usual conviction on the idea. I don't think either guys value will ever be higher than now. Lou has drawback of expiring.
                          Well, he did average a 48% on FGs in Triano's offense so... There's always hope.

Comment

• where's the neither option?
                            A wise man once said: F*ck Brooklyn!

Comment

• Mindlessness wrote: View Post
                              Well, he did average a 48% on FGs in Triano's offense so... There's always hope.
                              yup, not letting that go. his stats under triano give me hope for better numbers under a different coach. dropping 4% from 2nd year to 3rd is no coincidence.

Comment

• Nah I don't buy those stats from Triano days. Maybe as third option he could average that FG% But not with best opposing defenders on him and how hard teams scout him now
                                Last edited by MixxAOR; Thu Jan 22, 2015, 10:54 PM.
                                Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Working...
                                X