A tale of two point guards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's an update, with one wrinkle.

I've run a new set of numbers to look at how players's TS%s change when behind. There isn't much of a correlation between that and shooting mentality, but I think it's worth a look:

And, here are the updated Shooting Mentality and Passing Mentality charts:

As you can see, Kyle Lowry -- who was the inspiration for this stat -- has mellowed a little. He's no longer right at the top of the shooting mentality chart and he's in the middle of the passing chart.

Meanwhile, Mike Conley is way up at the top of both charts now. There's a lot of Conley/ Gasol happening whenever Memphis trails.

Edit: Sorry about the size of those images, oops.
    @EdTubb - edwardtubb at gmail

Comment

Debate over. This.

(If anyone can embed this, please do)

Comment

Done

Comment

Jclaw wrote: View Post
          Debate over. This.

(If anyone can embed this, please do)
          Damn.

Send this guy to the burn unit.

Comment

Dr. James Naismith wrote: View Post
            Done
            Thx. Will look into this when I come down from this game.

Comment

Can we take a moment and congratulate Masai for signing Lowry to a totally reasonable contract? He'll never be an elite point guard but he's damn good for what we're paying him.

Comment

This stat is in the ESPN writeup for this game:

"Including tonight, John Wall has missed each of his last 11 go-ahead shots with less than 24 seconds remaining in the 4th quarter and overtime. He is now 2-15 in his career on those attempts."

Comment

octothorp wrote: View Post
                  This stat is in the ESPN writeup for this game:

"Including tonight, John Wall has missed each of his last 11 go-ahead shots with less than 24 seconds remaining in the 4th quarter and overtime. He is now 2-15 in his career on those attempts."
                  That's close to, but not the same as, what I'm looking at here. For me, it's not that he's missed a lot of shots when he's behind (he's actually shooting slightly better), it's that he takes way less of those shots to begin with.
                  @EdTubb - edwardtubb at gmail

Comment

Working...
                  X