X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rebalance

Toronto Out : Fields, 2015 #1 filler
    Toronto In: Loul Deng

Deng pushes Demar back to SG and GV back to PG. Allows Toronto to trade Lou and play JJ at SF with Ross as SG. If they can also trade GV for Norris Cole that works too.

The issue is MIA is looking to win in the playoffs, this is by default a step back (proven player for prospect). Wade and Bosh wouldn't sign off on this... (I do believe after signing max contract they are contacted for major trades)

Also... What does Deng bring us? I'm a big proponent of a solid SF (which I think is our MAJOR need as Ross and Derozan play the same spot) but Deng doesn't fit well with our team needs in the near future.

What this team needs is a solid young PF so that we can build toward the future (3 years):

Lowry + great back-up
    Demar + Ross (or his trade)
    SF (veteran) + Bruno
    PF (team needed vet) + XXX + BEBE
    VAL + vet + XXX

Comment

Hurricane_Herm wrote: View Post
      The issue is MIA is looking to win in the playoffs, this is by default a step back (proven player for prospect). Wade and Bosh wouldn't sign off on this... (I do believe after signing max contract they are contacted for major trades)

Also... What does Deng bring us? I'm a big proponent of a solid SF (which I think is our MAJOR need as Ross and Derozan play the same spot) but Deng doesn't fit well with our team needs in the near future.

What this team needs is a solid young PF so that we can build toward the future (3 years):

Lowry + great back-up
      Demar + Ross (or his trade)
      SF (veteran) + Bruno
      PF (team needed vet) + XXX + BEBE
      VAL + vet + XXX
      Deng can space whereas JJ can't. Moving Demar back to SG improves defense over GV. Gay + DD didn't work because Gay > DD but Deng would be third behind both DD and Lowry. Deng has a PO for next year and Miami isnt looking to be an 8th seed first round exit. They need pieces and might add Tobias Harris in a package of firsts.

Comment

Working...
      X