Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Lowry getting voted in as starter to NBA ASG change anything for Toronto perception among players?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Was this the first year you could vote via facebook and Twitter? Because that might have been a game changer as well. It's easy to stuff ballots if you make it easy to vote.

Comment

bryan colangelo wrote: View Post
      Was this the first year you could vote via facebook and Twitter? Because that might have been a game changer as well. It's easy to stuff ballots if you make it easy to vote.
      you could vote using the same social networks last year. if anything, i think they changed the facebook method to only count your own status updates instead of hashtagging in a comment, which actually made things harder because nobody can read and kept trying to vote in comments instead.

Comment

I listen to a few American based podcasts on the daily and they almost all mentioned how Justin Bieber helped Lowry overtake Wade, and sort of made a joke about it. They seem to be giving more credit to the 'Beliebers' than they are the rabid Raptor fans across the country.

Having Lowry start in the all star game will bump the exposure that the team gets however, so I do still think it will benefit the perception of the Raptors in some positive form.

Comment

I think any exposure for your team is good. But really, there is WAY too much weight being placed upon the ASG, it's really not important.

Seeing a Raptor there is nice.... but it has less impact than a winning percentage in nationally broadcast games that Toronto can't seem to win.

So, short answer...its positive.

Just not really a big deal.

Comment

I'll go along with the "Might be positive, can't hurt" crowd. Two all-stars in two different years shows that if you play in Toronto you won't be forgotten, as has already been shown with Bosh and Carter appearances.

It may interest potential free agents to know that there is a strong block of fans in Canada. Any FA with a strong following in the US may think that they won't lose their following, but may gain some additional fans by coming north. Lowry has certainly helped himself, I believe, and I expect his agent has taken notice. when agents take notice, things happen in the NBA.

Comment

Wasn't sure which thread to put this in but I guess this one fits. There was an odd offhand comment in C Kelly's write up of last nights nets game.

"They’re no longer comers. ESPN is preparing to embed a reporting team with them for the rest of the year. The Raptors have fully arrived."

Is this something new? Will we notice it?
              http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sport...ticle22731606/

Comment

Jclaw wrote: View Post
                Wasn't sure which thread to put this in but I guess this one fits. There was an odd offhand comment in C Kelly's write up of last nights nets game.

"They’re no longer comers. ESPN is preparing to embed a reporting team with them for the rest of the year. The Raptors have fully arrived."

Is this something new? Will we notice it?
                http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sport...ticle22731606/
                Maybe Bosh will want to come back lol

Comment

I guess this is the follow up on the "embedded" espn reporter. It seems the writer assigned to cover new york for espn is running out of interesting stories for those teams

Last edited by Jclaw; Tue Feb 3, 2015, 02:26 PM.

Comment

Jclaw wrote: View Post
                    I guess this is the follow up on the "embedded" espn reporter

can't wait to hear about our shoddy offense and defense in prime time!

Comment

iblastoff wrote: View Post
                      It will be interesting to see where his stories appear as they normally appear on the espn ny section of the site. Will it be ESPN NY & Surrounding Area?

Comment

Offence still 2nd in the league, even after last nights hero ball brickfest.

Ugly doesn't equal shoddy.
                        If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

The only thing I can think of now is added pressure. That can lead to depression in some people.
                          Axel wrote:
                          Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                          KeonClark wrote:
                          We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                          KeonClark wrote:
                          I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                            Offence still 2nd in the league, even after last nights hero ball brickfest.

Ugly doesn't equal shoddy.
                            Aren't we now 4th in the league in offense? (I usually refer to hollingers OFF EFF)

Comment

Ironic that he covers the Nets beat for ESPN

Comment

Aren't we now 4th in the league in offense? (I usually refer to hollingers OFF EFF)
                                I use bbref.
                                4th or 2nd still isn't shoddy.
                                If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

Working...
                                X