We have more money than we thought.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nilanka wrote: View Post
    The way I see it, if a Monroe type lowers the number of touches Jonas gets, yet the team improves, should Jonas' development curve really be a concern?
    You would have to wonder if the improvement would be greater than that of the improvement the team sees upon JV fulfilling his max potential
    You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

Primer wrote: View Post
      Amir is not a backup C. He barely has the size for PF. I think I'm one of the few fans who isn't delusional about Amir's abilities and future potential. He likes the city, makes funny instagrams and videos, but he'll never be a starting quality PF, and he'll never be a backup C. He's a nice veteran backup PF, but we already have one of those signed long term. If 2016 is the goal then give Amir a 1 year deal, I'm fine with that. But if we want to be contenders next year we need to upgrade starting PF, and we'll finally have the roster and cap space to do so.
      Amir and PPat seem to do well together. And for the same reason PPat and Hans do well together. They're both ultra mobile, it lets us have both hedge and play Casey's system correctly.

Going up against other teams' backup centred I'm confident he can hold his own. Name 3 backup centres in the league that could manhandle Amir because of his size

Comment

Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
        Amir and PPat seem to do well together. And for the same reason PPat and Hans do well together. They're both ultra mobile, it lets us have both hedge and play Casey's system correctly.

Going up against other teams' backup centred I'm confident he can hold his own. Name 3 backup centres in the league that could manhandle Amir because of his size
        Hans/PPat +14.2 per 48 minutes
        Amir/PPat +13.7 per 48

Both those are excellent numbers
        If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

Primer wrote: View Post
          Amir had the entire offseason to rest and still started the season with ankle problems. He's never gonna be healthy. You don't wanna tie up 3-4 years of cap space on a 10 year vet with glass ankles.
          Why are you hating on Amir. I agree with you that he isn't the starting centre for this team. That said, he has done very well. To make a statement about him being undersized for the power forward is just untrue. He is what ....6'9 ....that isn't exactly undersized and he is mobile when his ankles aren't bothering him. I mean at least make some true statements.

Comment

TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post
            Why are you hating on Amir. I agree with you that he isn't the starting centre for this team. That said, he has done very well. To make a statement about him being undersized for the power forward is just untrue. He is what ....6'9 ....that isn't exactly undersized and he is mobile when his ankles aren't bothering him. I mean at least make some true statements.
            He's right though, if Amir wants a big raise he's unfortunately not worth the risk. If he's willing to resign for around the same price, then definitely bring him back he's a great 2nd/3rd/4th big.
            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

First of all Lou Will has to be resigned. We have been missing that kind of offensive firepower off the bench for years. He knows his role and works hard on defence...he just may now be all that great at it. To be completely honest I would not be sad in GV got traded. If he just ran the point and didn't try to take over the game I would be happy to keep him.

As for Amir... I don;t think you can even re-sign him to the contract he is currently on. Mid-level is what I would be looking at. I would love to see him back, but in a lesser role. If we can sign Chuck to a veteran minimum deal (yup, I think his leadership is worth 1 mil.), and then Amir at 4.5-5.5, then we can go out and sign a starting PF. The front court rotation would be strong with JV, the new starter, PP, Amir, BeBe, and Chuck. Amir playing 10- 15 min. is what we should be aiming at. Perhaps he can stay healthy that way, and his personality is important to this team.

So basically we have Chuck's, Fields', Hansbrough's contracts coming off the books, plus a portion of Amir's contract. Hopefully re can re-sign Lou on a similar deal. We'll be somewhere around 62 million with the rookie's cap hold.

Comment

saints91 wrote: View Post
                First of all Lou Will has to be resigned. We have been missing that kind of offensive firepower off the bench for years. He knows his role and works hard on defence...he just may now be all that great at it. To be completely honest I would not be sad in GV got traded. If he just ran the point and didn't try to take over the game I would be happy to keep him.

As for Amir... I don;t think you can even re-sign him to the contract he is currently on. Mid-level is what I would be looking at. I would love to see him back, but in a lesser role. If we can sign Chuck to a veteran minimum deal (yup, I think his leadership is worth 1 mil.), and then Amir at 4.5-5.5, then we can go out and sign a starting PF. The front court rotation would be strong with JV, the new starter, PP, Amir, BeBe, and Chuck. Amir playing 10- 15 min. is what we should be aiming at. Perhaps he can stay healthy that way, and his personality is important to this team.

So basically we have Chuck's, Fields', Hansbrough's contracts coming off the books, plus a portion of Amir's contract. Hopefully re can re-sign Lou on a similar deal. We'll be somewhere around 62 million with the rookie's cap hold.
                I firmly believe that Amir can slot into a backup centre roll quite easily regardless of size. Like the guy is so smart and his mobility is a plus... Hell there are times that he plays it already.

Lowry / Vasquez
                DD / Ross
                ?? / JJ / Bruno
                2pat / Hands
                JV / Amir / Bebe

I feel like that is what we will be looking at next year, or possibly this year if Masai chooses to pull the trigger on a trade. I love Lou, but he is a pretty solid trade chip if paired with other things like fields & hands contracts and maybe a pick to try and nab a starting SF or a combo of a starting SF & PF

Comment

Lou provides the points to drive the 2nd team which repeatedly gives Toronto a distinct advantage. Lou creates his own shot, where as TRoss cannot. 4/25 million extension similar to other 6th man
                  Since Toronto has 3 -1 st round picks in the next two drafts, Bruno combined with Hansborough choices can be packaged to get an Ennis and a Plumlee .
                  Finally, an experienced PF who can provide rebounding and 15 points a game in 26-28 minutes , Amir is part of the trade with either of Fields and Hayes.

KL, DD, JJ , Amir or new PF, JV
                  GV, Lou, TRoss, PP, Plumlee
                  Ennis, Bebe, Deandre Daniels , Hayes or Fields, Steemer

Going forward three 1st round picks over the next two years replaces fields and/or Steemer
                  Last edited by Heatdreamer; Fri Jan 30, 2015, 09:45 AM.

Comment

charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
                    Could Vasquez become a Ginobili type player and be our answer at the 2 spot with DD at the 3?
                    I don't mind that; both him and Ross suck on the defensive end anyways;. BUT who would run the 2nd Unit?
                    Lou CANNOT make a pass.

Comment

distorsun wrote: View Post
                      I don't mind that; both him and Ross suck on the defensive end anyways;. BUT who would run the 2nd Unit?
                      Lou CANNOT make a pass.
                      Vasquez

Comment

breakin_ankles wrote: View Post
                        I firmly believe that Amir can slot into a backup centre roll quite easily regardless of size. Like the guy is so smart and his mobility is a plus... Hell there are times that he plays it already.

Lowry / Vasquez
                        DD / Ross
                        ?? / JJ / Bruno
                        2pat / Hands
                        JV / Amir / Bebe

I feel like that is what we will be looking at next year, or possibly this year if Masai chooses to pull the trigger on a trade. I love Lou, but he is a pretty solid trade chip if paired with other things like fields & hands contracts and maybe a pick to try and nab a starting SF or a combo of a starting SF & PF
                        Sans Amir, you've nailed what we need. A good caliber SF. Looking at who is out there, we have a few UFA and RFA options... Ujiri just needs to decide who to nail.
                        Axel wrote:
                        Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                        KeonClark wrote:
                        We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                        KeonClark wrote:
                        I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

breakin_ankles wrote: View Post

Lowry / Vasquez
                          DD / Ross
                          ?? / JJ / Bruno
                          2pat / Hands
                          JV / Amir / Bebe

I would still start Amir though, but agree that a SF should be the target and Lou should be the trade chip to get it. I really like the idea of a bench unit that consists of Vasquez, Ross, JJ, and Patterson. It keeps the ball in Vasquez's hands to run the offense, as opposed to the ISO/hero style that Lou employs, leaves Ross in his natural position, has 3 3pt shooters on the floor together, and ample opportunity to run the PnR and pick and pop plays with Vasquez and Patterson. Plus, with Ross and JJ we would have good perimeter D, and either of those guys could be tasked with guarding a good PG that's too fast for Vasquez to handle. Vasquez could be hidden defensively on a catch and shoot type player if necessary, as opposed to the ball handler. Plus, if the team were to upgrade the PF position, I agree that Amir could easily play the backup C position.

A link in the morning coffee section of the front page has suggested Fields + Lou for Igoudala. This is the type of trade I'd consider. Iggy has shot poorly from 3 this season, so that would be a concern for spacing in the starting unit, but everything else he brings to the table is what we need at the starting 3. And maybe a change of scenery and the ability to start gets his 3pt back to up to snuff. Furthermore, he expires next season, so it wouldn't tie up any long term cap space.

*Edit: Iggy expires the season after next, so maybe this isn't the greatest idea, as it would tie up too much cap space for the 2016 free agency bonanza
                          Last edited by JawsGT; Fri Jan 30, 2015, 12:29 PM.

Comment

JawsGT wrote: View Post
                            I would still start Amir though, but agree that a SF should be the target and Lou should be the trade chip to get it. I really like the idea of a bench unit that consists of Vasquez, Ross, JJ, and Patterson. It keeps the ball in Vasquez's hands to run the offense, as opposed to the ISO/hero style that Lou employs, leaves Ross in his natural position, has 3 3pt shooters on the floor together, and ample opportunity to run the PnR and pick and pop plays with Vasquez and Patterson. Plus, with Ross and JJ we would have good perimeter D, and either of those guys could be tasked with guarding a good PG that's too fast for Vasquez to handle. Vasquez could be hidden defensively on a catch and shoot type player if necessary, as opposed to the ball handler. Plus, if the team were to upgrade the PF position, I agree that Amir could easily play the backup C position.

A link in the morning coffee section of the front page has suggested Fields + Lou for Igoudala. This is the type of trade I'd consider. Iggy has shot poorly from 3 this season, so that would be a concern for spacing in the starting unit, but everything else he brings to the table is what we need at the starting 3. And maybe a change of scenery and the ability to start gets his 3pt back to up to snuff. Furthermore, he expires next season, so it wouldn't tie up any long term cap space.
                            But would GSW do that trade??? I love Iggy, but that's a huge risk.
                            Axel wrote:
                            Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                            KeonClark wrote:
                            We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                            KeonClark wrote:

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

Cody73 wrote: View Post
                              But would GSW do that trade??? I love Iggy, but that's a huge risk.
                              I'm not sure, they probably wouldn't consider it. But the logic presented in the article made sense for both teams. GSW needs cap space for Green and maybe Speights, and moving Iggy for expirings, while still acquiring a useful wing scorer in Lou for this season may be enough to entice them. Then again, they could just wait until the offseason I guess, and move Iggy if necessary to free the space to resign their guys.

Comment

JawsGT wrote: View Post
                                I'm not sure, they probably wouldn't consider it. But the logic presented in the article made sense for both teams. GSW needs cap space for Green and maybe Speights, and moving Iggy for expirings, while still acquiring a useful wing scorer in Lou for this season may be enough to entice them. Then again, they could just wait until the offseason I guess, and move Iggy if necessary to free the space to resign their guys.
                                Which is why I want to go after Demarre Carroll. ATL's cap is in a wreck with many guys coming off (Horford and Millsap for examples), and he's a cheaper UFA option for a 3 and D guy.
                                Last edited by Cody73; Fri Jan 30, 2015, 11:11 AM.
                                Axel wrote:
                                KeonClark wrote:
                                KeonClark wrote:

Comment

Working...
                                X