We have more money than we thought.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

breakin_ankles wrote: View Post
    I'm not trying to argue a right vs wrong, I'm just saying Lou is valuable, and without GV our second unit is a unorganized Chuck fest.
    So, you're definitely right on the second point. I really hope that GV isn't a long term solution as our starting 2 though.

I agree that Lou is valuable, just that, if we hang on to GV, we may be able to acquire someone else for the same price as Lou who's skill set is more complementary.

It's all about whether Lou is a better option than what his extra salary would allow us to get on the FA market - if there's no one else there, then yeah, you resign Lou.
    "Bruno?
    Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
    He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

Totally forgot about Marcus Camby's Corpse being $4.3 million, thank goodness that's part of the free salary next year too. Like finding a wad of $1000 bills in your lazy boy.

Comment

Primer wrote: View Post
        I'd be shocked if we brought back Amir on anything more than a 1 year contract. We need a better starting PF, and one that isn't on the decline. PPat is the backup. There really isn't a place for Amir on the Raps after 2015-16 season (sooner if we get a PF in the offseason).
        Would love for us to sign him to a 3 or 4 year deal that's super cheap but with every year being a player option.

Let him have surgery on his ankles this offseason, if he's back to what he was, he opts out and gets a better contract, if he's not, he gets to be a backup C and has all the flexibility in the world. Btw I'm talking roughly 4M cheap.

As far as Lou goes, I'd absolutely like to resign him. And if we can get him for the MLE that would be wonderful.

Comment

Could Vasquez become a Ginobili type player and be our answer at the 2 spot with DD at the 3?

Comment

Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
            Would love for us to sign him to a 3 or 4 year deal that's super cheap but with every year being a player option.

Let him have surgery on his ankles this offseason, if he's back to what he was, he opts out and gets a better contract, if he's not, he gets to be a backup C and has all the flexibility in the world. Btw I'm talking roughly 4M cheap.

As far as Lou goes, I'd absolutely like to resign him. And if we can get him for the MLE that would be wonderful.
            that player option one kinda sounds like the worst of both worlds as far as cap space goes!
            "Bruno?
            He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
              Could Vasquez become a Ginobili type player and be our answer at the 2 spot with DD at the 3?
              It's possible, but not probable.
              "Bruno?
              He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

stooley wrote: View Post
                that player option one kinda sounds like the worst of both worlds as far as cap space goes!
                Meh I'd gladly pay Amir 4M with his current ankles to be a backup big in our rotation. And if he gets his ankles back and plays like he did last year or the year before, I'll pay him what he deserves to be a starting 4.

Comment

Toronto trades for David Lee giving Amir + Hansborough+ Fields for Lee. This allows Golden State to clear space so that they can resign Draymond Green.
                  Toronto has Lee for two years. The team extends Lou Williams 4/30 starting at 6.5 million for a JJ Reddick type deal. This gives Toronto a projected lineup for this year and next year of : KL, DD, JJ , David Lee, JV with a bench of GV, Lou,TRoss and Patrick Patterson, Bebe and Bruno plus the 1st round pick for 2015. This total 74 million dollars for 12 players , adding our 2nd round pick of last year plus two holds brings us to 77 million dollars which will be below the luxury tax for the 2015/16 or Raptors can look for a backup center with the MLE.

Comment

Heatdreamer wrote: View Post
                    Toronto trades for David Lee giving Amir + Hansborough+ Fields for Lee. This allows Golden State to clear space so that they can resign Draymond Green.
                    Toronto has Lee for two years. The team extends Lou Williams 4/30 starting at 6.5 million for a JJ Reddick type deal. This gives Toronto a projected lineup for this year and next year of : KL, DD, JJ , David Lee, JV with a bench of GV, Lou,TRoss and Patrick Patterson, Bebe and Bruno plus the 1st round pick for 2015. This total 74 million dollars for 12 players , adding our 2nd round pick of last year plus two holds brings us to 77 million dollars which will be below the luxury tax for the 2015/16 or Raptors can look for a backup center with the MLE.
                    Not many Lee fans here, but I think he still has a few very productive years left.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                      Not many Lee fans here, but I think he still has a few very productive years left.
                      RPM actually has Lee as a plus defender this year, although a slight negative offensively. Rim protection website I posted likes Lee as well.

Not sure if that makes him worth the money he's due though.
                      If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                        RPM actually has Lee as a plus defender this year, although a slight negative offensively. Rim protection website I posted likes Lee as well.

Not sure if that makes him worth the money he's due though.
                        Definitely not worth the money. But just 2 years left, and still keeps Masai's "summer of '16" plan on track.

Comment

You would than have a three head rotation David Lee PF/C , JV -C, PP -PF , and sign Ed Davis next year as a free agent.David lee plays 28 minutes, JV -26, PP -26 and this year JJ -16 minutes. Next year Ed Davis takes JJ minutes.

Comment

Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post

Amir is not a backup C. He barely has the size for PF. I think I'm one of the few fans who isn't delusional about Amir's abilities and future potential. He likes the city, makes funny instagrams and videos, but he'll never be a starting quality PF, and he'll never be a backup C. He's a nice veteran backup PF, but we already have one of those signed long term. If 2016 is the goal then give Amir a 1 year deal, I'm fine with that. But if we want to be contenders next year we need to upgrade starting PF, and we'll finally have the roster and cap space to do so.

Comment

Primer wrote: View Post
                              Amir is not a backup C. He barely has the size for PF. I think I'm one of the few fans who isn't delusional about Amir's abilities and future potential. He likes the city, makes funny instagrams and videos, but he'll never be a starting quality PF, and he'll never be a backup C. He's a nice veteran backup PF, but we already have one of those signed long term. If 2016 is the goal then give Amir a 1 year deal, I'm fine with that. But if we want to be contenders next year we need to upgrade starting PF, and we'll finally have the roster and cap space to do so.
                              Yup. As much as I love Amir, I'm afraid he's not part of what we're trying to build.

Comment

That is the basis of the trade that was presented, and by keeping Lou Williams , you have a core that can be carried for two years.
                                Personally would trade Bebe+ Steemer plus a first for Ennis and Plumlee

Comment

Working...
                                X