• Show
Clear All

• Toronto-OKC

We try to pry Ibaka from OKC.

Toronto gets:
    Ibaka

OKC gets:
    Amir+Ross+Hansbrough+Bebe+NYK 1st

OKC gets an offball SG that can shoot that now starts for them. They also get a temporary replacement for Ibaka in Amir, another defensive 4. Bebe as their future back up C and a potential lottery pick.

Also, with Amir and Hans, they'd now have nearly 25M coming off the books this summer, something that helps a lot with
    1. Finding a new starting 4 of they don't want to keep Amir
    2. Keeping Reggie Jackson

Their depth chart next year

Westbrook-Jackson
    Ross-Waiters-Morrow-Roberson
    Durant-Jones-Lamb
    FA-McGary
    Adams-Nogueira

They could easily package Lamb-Morrow-Waiters for a very good PF.

Meanwhile we'd have
    Lowry-Vasquez
    DD-Lou
    JJ-Fields-Bruno
    Ibaka-PPat
    JV-Hayes-Stiemsma

Groom Bruno to be our SF of the future and we'd have a deadly starting 5, offensively and defensively. (Don't forget Ibaka stretches our floor enough to start DD and JJ together, he's shooting 40% this year on nearly 4 three's per game)

I like it, but I doubt OKC would. Essentially, Ibaka for Ross, and unproven C and a lottery pick. Ibaka is the ideal PF to match with Jonas IMO

Comment

JawsGT wrote: View Post
      I like it, but I doubt OKC would. Essentially, Ibaka for Ross, and unproven C and a lottery pick. Ibaka is the ideal PF to match with Jonas IMO
      I'd give up our other 1st that year without hesitation

Comment

Just thought of this. OKC could easily flip Waiters and Morrow for Terrence Jones. Their PF of the future. Houston does it to finally get some decent guards off the bench (they've been using Jason Terry quite a bit this year).

OKC now has a core of:
        Westbrook/Jackson
        Ross/Roberson/Lamb
        Durant/P Jones
        T Jones/McGary
        Adams/Nogueira
        Going forward with multiple firsts, one of them a probable lottery pick. If we throw the second 1st in there I really think this would get done.

Comment

Working...
        X