Wilson Chandler and Aaron Afflalo are on the trading block

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wilson Chandler and Aaron Afflalo are on the trading block

If we could swing a trade for both of these players that could solve 2 problems for the Raptors

a true 3 and D guy in Chandler and a upgrade over Ross in AA

Ross + 1st round pick + Fields?

How do you feel about these two players as Raptors?

edit: forgot the source http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.c...medium=twitter

and update: http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...-Terrence-Ross (apparently Ross is not going anywhere so if want chandler we would have to get him another way)
    Last edited by connected; Thu Jan 29, 2015, 01:35 PM.

I don't see any changes happening due to Masai's patience.
    But would be a good trade IMO .
    2006-07 NBA Coach of the Year

Comment

But at the same time lets be real .... Ross ain't going NO WHERE

Comment

I'm not a big fan of Afflalo, especially given his age.

I like Chandler, but I view Faried as the true target on the Nuggets. I'd even be willing to take McGee back to make it happen (he expires ahead of the 2016 offseason).

It would likely require a package of DeRozan & Amir & Fields & 2015 1st, to even start the discussion.

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post

I like Chandler, but I view Faried as the true target on the Nuggets. I'd even be willing to take McGee back to make it happen (he expires ahead of the 2016 offseason).

It would likely require a package of DeRozan & Amir & Fields & 2015 1st, to even start the discussion.
          I think DeRozan / Lowry / Ross / Val are completely untouchable in Masai's eyes.
          At least for 2-3 more years of patience with Val and Ross

Comment

SamMitchells wrote: View Post
            I think DeRozan / Lowry / Ross / Val are completely untouchable in Masai's eyes.
            At least for 2-3 more years of patience with Val and Ross
            Personally, I think the closest player to being "untouchable" is Valanciunas. But I assume anyone is available if the price is right.

As for Afflalo/Chandler, I think either player could help us at the 3, especially come playoff time. Last year, Ross was basically a non-factor on either end of the floor. We played 7 games vs. Brooklyn 4-on-5. And I don't believe starting Vasquez is a viable solution.

Having said that, I'm not sure if I want to give up on Ross yet, but Afflalo/Chandler would make reaching the 2nd round much easier.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
              Personally, I think the closest player to being "untouchable" is Valanciunas. But I assume anyone is available if the price is right.

As for Afflalo/Chandler, I think either player could help us at the 3, especially come playoff time. Last year, Ross was basically a non-factor on either end of the floor. We played 7 games vs. Brooklyn 4-on-5. And I don't believe starting Vasquez is a viable solution.

Having said that, I'm not sure if I want to give up on Ross yet, but Afflalo/Chandler would make reaching the 2nd round much easier.
              Chandler is essentially JJ with a 3pt shot. He'd be great starting alongside DeRozan.

With GV, Ross and JJ coming off the bench, it could make Lou and his expiring contract expendable.

Fields (expiring) & 2015 1st for Chandler? Then flip Lou and a 2nd round pick for late 1st (essentially replacing the pick traded away)? Or just trade Lou for Chandler, possibly in a 3-team trade?

Comment

Package Ross for Chandler or Afflalo.
                Mamba Mentality

Comment

Chandler for Ross is kind of a lateral move

i do like the idea of picking up Affalo though. dude's the kind of gritty player we need for the playoffs and moving forward.
                  @sweatpantsjer

Comment

thank god youre not our gm
                    youre going to give up a this years expiring for an extra year of more money on the books in mcgee, a first, the best player in the trade in derozan, then amir lmao

not sure why anybody would be that high on faried
                    he is what he is, isnt a good defender, and needs to play on a team that runs, which we are not
                    his biggest strength is living/playing at altitude and he is getting paid more than demar
                    oh and his best year was arguably his first, he hasnt gotten any better

Comment

draps wrote: View Post
                      thank god youre not our gm
                      youre going to give up a this years expiring for an extra year of more money on the books in mcgee, a first, the best player in the trade in derozan, then amir lmao

not sure why anybody would be that high on faried
                      he is what he is, isnt a good defender, and needs to play on a team that runs, which we are not
                      his biggest strength is living/playing at altitude and he is getting paid more than demar
                      oh and his best year was arguably his first, he hasnt gotten any better
                      Chandler and Faried are the only pieces I really like on Denver, so I was musing about the sort of package it would likely require, from Denver's perspective.

As for McGee, I was simply saying that 2016 is the huge year for free agency (not just Durant), so taking on McGee (who could be a great backup rim-protecting C, if a coach/team could get him to focus and buy-in) for a season-and-a-half (in order to acquire other desired pieces) wouldn't impact MU's ability to make a significant splash in free agency that offseason. Yes, it would leave MU with less options for free agency this coming offseason, but the consensus seems to be that the priority is 2016 - plus, McGee could become a valuable trade chip for any teams desperate to free cap space in pursuit of free agents in 2016.
                      Last edited by CalgaryRapsFan; Thu Jan 29, 2015, 01:35 PM.

Comment

Two veterans with decent contracts that can help with a playoff push is a good idea, but it would probably involve trading a first round pick (or two) and/or Ross. That's the equivalent of trading the future for short term gain. Not a fan of the idea personally.

Neither of these guys will get them to the 3rd/4th rounds either.

Comment

Chandler is essentially JJ with a 3pt shot. He'd be great starting alongside DeRozan.

With GV, Ross and JJ coming off the bench, it could make Lou and his expiring contract expendable.

Fields (expiring) & 2015 1st for Chandler? Then flip Lou and a 2nd round pick for late 1st (essentially replacing the pick traded away)? Or just trade Lou for Chandler, possibly in a 3-team trade?
                          Real talk, how hard is to develop an open 3pt shot? If JJ can knock down the 3 at a somewhat solid rate (> 30%), it could open up the floor a lot.
                          "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

I bet the NYK/DEN pick we have plus Fields would be enough to get Chandler. No need to get Afflalo.

Comment

I would play defense on this one. If the Nuggets are unloading... they are probably doing so for futures...which is "good" for the Raptors holding NY's 1st in the 2016 draft (worse/highest of NY-Den). Here's hoping both are bottoming out next season so we can scoop up a someone decent in the draft. All to say... I dont want to do anything to possibly "help" Denver next season.

Comment

Working...
                              X