Martin Armstrong

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Martin Armstrong

If you've never heard of him, read about him.

Check his blog.

http://armstrongeconomics.com/armstrong_economics_blog/

His blog focuses on finance, politics, and current events.

There is a documentary recently released on him called, "The Forecaster." I can't wait to see it. Not sure how I'll get the chance but in time I'm sure I will.

It doesn't matter if you agree or disagree with him - his ideas will make you think and, if you are open minded, question.

I have a feeling his ideas are going to be much more widely accepted in another 4-5 years.

Winter is coming.

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
    If you've never heard of him, read about him.

Check his blog.

http://armstrongeconomics.com/armstrong_economics_blog/

His blog focuses on finance, politics, and current events.

There is a documentary recently released on him called, "The Forecaster." I can't wait to see it. Not sure how I'll get the chance but in time I'm sure I will.

It doesn't matter if you agree or disagree with him - his ideas will make you think and, if you are open minded, question.

I have a feeling his ideas are going to be much more widely accepted in another 4-5 years.

Winter is coming.
    Intriguing fellow.

I certainly agree with some of his macro assertions...eg. money flows to the US markets as a fundamental why the Dow keeps rising while GDP growth is still relatively tame.

He has however a curious case of being jailed by the Feds in the early 2000's....looks like he got too close to the sun. Do you have any links/details on this? Also curiously I couldnt find any MSM pieces on him recently. Is he in the "news" at all these days?

What do you think of his prediction ...the DOW hitting 30,000 plus this year. There is turmoil around of course but.....

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
      Intriguing fellow.

I certainly agree with some of his macro assertions...eg. money flows to the US markets as a fundamental why the Dow keeps rising while GDP growth is still relatively tame.

He has however a curious case of being jailed by the Feds in the early 2000's....looks like he got too close to the sun. Do you have any links/details on this? Also curiously I couldnt find any MSM pieces on him recently. Is he in the "news" at all these days?

What do you think of his prediction ...the DOW hitting 30,000 plus this year. There is turmoil around of course but.....

The curious case of being jailed was more a blatant attempt to take his software which he refused to give up.

His case speaks to the mass corruption prevalent among banks, government, and the justice system - particularly in NY City.

He was jailed for 7 years based on a civil contempt charge.
      http://www.wsj.com/articles/SB123137263059962659

He pleaded guilty to the charges against him only because, according to him, it was the only way he would ever get out of jail. Based on the fact he was held for 7 years without a conviction, I think that is safe to assume.

In his blog he makes reference to the charges from time to time. Today he has an entry. There are always hyperlinks to previous posts or to external links with more information.

http://armstrongeconomics.com/2015/0...s-the-bankers/

Here is some more background where he accuses the judge of altering transcripts of court proceedings:
      http://armstrongeconomics.com/resear...s-v-armstrong/

Here is a review of the case - however, it is biased as it is a pro-Armstrong supporter who wrote it. It does do a good job of breaking down the key facts, dates, and events of his legal proceedings.

http://www.themartinarmstrongcase.com/?page_id=81

There is just too much in this case to turn a blind eye to. Why the media doesn't report on him? Who's pocket is the media in?

As for his predictions. They are always if-when statements. The problem with predictions is people think once it is made you have no recourse. Predictions are made with the information available at that time. New information means changed prediction. I don't think DOW hits 30K this year but what we think doesn't matter. Just as he doesn't give his opinion, he merely reports what his software, Socrates, is telling him.

I think I said S&P would hit 2150 by last week. I missed that one - whoops. However I'm more interested in making money than being right. I'm thinking just over 2300 by May now! Time will tell but in the meantime always remember it is better to make money than be right.

Comment

Just saw your reply...thanks...shall read up when I get some time.

Comment

Has anyone been following?

The 2007-2009 downturn saw losses put on society with profits privatized.

2009-2014 saw QE destroy savers as yields on debt have grown smaller and smaller.

We are now witnessing dangerous behaviour as people seek yield in all sorts of dangerous manners (sub prime car loans is but one example).

Yields on 30% of all government debt in Europe is now negative meaning you pay to hold government debt.

But even with such ridiculous measures, where is the recovery? Youth unemployment in many parts of Europe is over 50%.

Are you watching what is coming next?

Australia is now including in their budget a savers tax. So after paying your taxes you are now going to be taxed to hold your money in a bank.

What would you do? Get your money out of the bank, right?

Well, unfortunately cyber currency is coming soon. There will no longer be physical money. Of course this shift will be floated under the guise of terrorism but it is all about pinching citizens for every last nickel. Every single cent will be able to be traced.

This is why you see high end real estate, art, classic cars, etc all fetching record amounts. People are getting their money out of banks and cash and in to "things".

We are headed to economic totalitarism.

Very dark days lay ahead. The current powers that be are power hungry and corrupt and will do anything to keep status quo.

I am not attempting to fear mongre or break out the latest tinfoil hat. Most people can't see what is coming but it is there in front for all to see. You just need to know what to look for.

Comment

so what should I do with my money then? Buy some alcohol and cheese in bulk?
            Last edited by rocwell; Sun May 3, 2015, 07:03 PM.

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post
              so what should I do with my money then? Buy some alcohol and cheese in bulk?
              What you buy is your choice. Bonds are in a huge bubble.

Cash is not going to be a wise decision as right on cue today we have:

The French Finance Minister Michel Sapin has announced a drastic tightening of the use of cash in France. As the newspaper Le Parisien reported that citizens should be strictly monitored from September 2015 if they make payments in cash.

– The limit on cash payments will be reduced from 3,000 euros to 1,000 euros.

– Tourists can only pay up to 10,000 euros in cash, so far there were 15,000 euros.

– If a Frenchman wants to change money into another currency, it must still do to 1,000 euros without identification only. So far, French could buy foreign currencies for 8,000 euros.

– If a bank customer stands out more than 10,000 euros in a month from his account, the bank must report the transaction to the Money Laundering Authority TRACFIN.

– Banks must inform the authorities of all cargo transfers within the EU that exceed 10,000 euros. This regulation checks, pre-paid cards and even gold are affected.

– The control of crypto-currencies like Bitcoin to be drastically tightened.

This is the economic tyranny we face. What is yours really belongs to them from the way they see it. We no longer live in a democratic world. This is all about them controlling the people to sustain their power. The French official reason for these measures is the “war on terror”. In fact, it is the measure that we are witnessing around the globe because those in power feel it slipping away. This is not a war on terror, it is war against the people in the form of financial repression. It is still unclear whether other euro countries to follow the example of Paris and its citizens in other countries restrict the free, private use of their money.

http://armstrongeconomics.com/archives/30175

Comment

Armstrong sounds like a smart guy.. just one thing.. governments can't win a war against black market banks. Tighten the shit out of crypto-currencies if you want, but there'll always be a place to make your transactions private. Just ask China's millionaires and billionaires. Or ex-LR customers
                Last edited by rocwell; Mon May 4, 2015, 08:49 AM.

Comment

Armstrong sounds like a smart guy.. just one thing.. governments can't win a war against black market banks. Tighten the shit out of crypto-currencies if you want, but there'll always be a place to make your transactions private. Just ask China's millionaires and billionaires. Or ex-LR customers
                  Governments can do anything they want until the people stand up.... and even then it takes a monumental effort.

The privacy of Swiss banking finally fell. I would not feel comfortable having my secrets controlled by another with records to boot.

This is leads to my point though, people should have economic freedom to do with their money as they wish. This right is coming to an end.

Comment

Swiss banks lost their identity long time ago tbh. "Heaven" was slowly dying before these taxation agreements and let's be real.. "smart" people were running away from Switzerland bank heaven well before these agreements came into effect. They knew it all along and If millionaires kept some cash there, it was only for one of the best private banking arms. Oh and I believe that the only reason we've just heard about this is HSBC. Got a feeling something bad will happen to HSBC, it's just a matter of time... I guess.
                    Last edited by rocwell; Mon May 4, 2015, 09:50 AM.

Comment

Swiss banks lost their identity long time ago tbh. "Heaven" was slowly dying before these taxation agreements and let's be real.. "smart" people were running away from Switzerland bank heaven well before these agreements came into effect. They knew it all along and If millionaires kept some cash there, it was only for one of the best private banking arms. Oh and I believe that the only reason we've just heard about this is HSBC. Got a feeling something bad will happen to HSBC, it's just a matter of time... I guess.

I am probably not doing a good job connecting the dots.

The "rich" are no longer exempt. The top 1% sounds amazing but it really isn't. I read the top 1% is actually assets of $827k. That really isn't a lot of money or wealth when you consider home, investments, and assets.

Also you're seeing people such as Hilary Clinton running on the people's platform against the 'rich'. This goes to show how corrupt government has become and how inept the media has become.

Government are turning on everyone and everything to further enable their corruption and deficits.

We are in for a world of hurt.

The move to negative interest rates, electronic money, taxing savings are all methods and tools to further enable government to spend more. Saving the 99% is garbage because we won't see tax cuts to the 'poor' rather we'll see more of the same standard quo with ever increasing draconian measures against freedoms and rights in the name of 'terrorism'.

I'm just putting it out there. If you look at the progression over the last 6 years, Canada is far from immune and, if anything, is a willing cooperator and initiator of the current sea of change.

Comment

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                        I am probably not doing a good job connecting the dots.

The "rich" are no longer exempt. The top 1% sounds amazing but it really isn't. I read the top 1% is actually assets of $827k. That really isn't a lot of money or wealth when you consider home, investments, and assets.

Also you're seeing people such as Hilary Clinton running on the people's platform against the 'rich'. This goes to show how corrupt government has become and how inept the media has become.

Government are turning on everyone and everything to further enable their corruption and deficits.

We are in for a world of hurt.

The move to negative interest rates, electronic money, taxing savings are all methods and tools to further enable government to spend more. Saving the 99% is garbage because we won't see tax cuts to the 'poor' rather we'll see more of the same standard quo with ever increasing draconian measures against freedoms and rights in the name of 'terrorism'.

I'm just putting it out there. If you look at the progression over the last 6 years, Canada is far from immune and, if anything, is a willing cooperator and initiator of the current sea of change.
                        Yeah, it's sad, but I agree and think that things are going to go south sooner than expected, fast. So fast that most wont be actually really be able to recover from the whiplash, and if you look at the global situation, it's really just a CWII all over again and this time I believe the west is in for the hit with China having the worlds economical power in their hands and the "powerhouse" of the USA having practically nothing. If you take a look at European politics and Putin banning some politcs from entering Russiaand the EU banning a Russian amabasodor (which they afterwards changed to some conditional enterance or something). Both medias Eastern and Western telling stories to their own likings. The world is in for a big slap, question is how embraces the slap and how breaks their neck ...

Comment

Working...
                        X