Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When Greivis Vasquez was added to the lineup, the team has improved.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quirk wrote: View Post
    So...

KL
    LF
    JJ
    PP
    JV

?????

I like that line-up... as a unit for 10-15 mins a night.
    Axel wrote:
    Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
    KeonClark wrote:
    We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
    KeonClark wrote:
    I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

3inthekeon wrote: View Post
      Also depends on how "advanced" the stats are.

RPM/VORP for instance claims Fields has had negative value this year.

That more closely resembles my eye test.

What dord it say about DeRozan, Vasquez and Ross?

Comment

Cody73 wrote: View Post
        So...

KL
        LF
        JJ
        PP
        JV

?????

I like that line-up... as a unit for 10-15 mins a night.
        Yeah, I agree that the stat should inform and not dictate, so not really expecting that exact linup. But LF and JJ should be getting more minutes, and that JJ should be starting.

Comment

Yeah, I agree that the stat should inform and not dictate, so not really expecting that exact linup. But LF and JJ should be getting more minutes, and that JJ should be starting.
          Agree on JJ starting.... along with PP or TH, as he does have a 3 and is more healthy than Amir.
          Axel wrote:
          Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
          KeonClark wrote:
          We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
          KeonClark wrote:

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

Also, not only should the he starting lineup should be Lowry, Williams, James Johnson, Patterson, Valanciunas, but Fields should be ahead of DeRozan, Vasquez and Ross on the depth chart.
            Disagree with your ideas about Fields, and that's coming from a Fields supporter. Very much agree with your interest in the KL/LW/JJ/PP/JV lineup. Should it be starting? No. Making that change would destroy team chemistry. But the coaching staff should at least be experimenting with it, and if I recall correctly, that unit hasn't seen one minute of floor time together. It's oversights/inside-the-box-thinking like this that makes me doubt Casey, 33-15 record be damned.
            "Stop eating your sushi."
            "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
            "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
            - Jack Armstrong

Comment

Also, not only should the he starting lineup should be Lowry, Williams, James Johnson, Patterson, Valanciunas, but Fields should be ahead of DeRozan, Vasquez and Ross on the depth chart.

LOL

Comment

SamMitchells wrote: View Post
                Fields would never start for DD. even if you provide evidence as to why.. That's just politics.
                It's politics that DD is simply the better and much more impactful player? Well ok then.

Comment

It really is ridiculous how some of you take some of these advanced stats as the be all and end all without looking at much of the context that goes along with those stats. How many games and how many minutes has Fields played? He's been solid in the little playtime that we've seen of him but his role is so limited that all he's asked to do is defend and look pretty. You don't need stats to see that DD/Vasquez/Ross are just simply better and more impactful players who have all contributed more to our record being what it is now. I can't believe I'm even responding to this nonsense.
                  Last edited by why_you_mad_tho; Mon Feb 2, 2015, 02:05 PM.

Comment

why_you_mad_tho wrote: View Post
                    It really is ridiculous how some of you take some of these advanced stats as the be all and end all without looking at much of the context that goes along with those stats. How many games and how many minutes has Fields played? He's been solid in the little playtime that we've seen of him but his role is so limited that all he's asked to do is defend and look pretty. You don't need stats to see that DD/Vasquez/Ross are just simply better and more impactful players who have all contributed more to our record being what it is now. I can't believe I'm even responding to this nonsense.
                    But Fields isn't just a pylon. That's something people need to know. I want him back for cheap next year... he'll play in the playoffs much more. Casey will come to his senses then.
                    Last edited by Cody73; Mon Feb 2, 2015, 02:20 PM.
                    Axel wrote:
                    KeonClark wrote:
                    KeonClark wrote:

Comment

33-15

#firecasey
                      #derozansucks

Honestly, wtf is in people's heads. Before derozan went down this squad was killing teams, he's a HUGE part of their success. so, he comes back, and people think what.... its gonna be awesome immediately. It takes a long time to get back into it, as a player, and then, as a team.

But hey, last 6 games...... 6-0

Casey sucks, derozan sucks, Raptors suck, blow it up.

awesome mentality.

Toronto is who they are, they aren't elite yet, but they are very good. enjoy that they are better than they ever were, even when they arent as good as we ALL want them to be.

All this shit about the coach, the star..... its just that, shit.

Comment

Cody73 wrote: View Post
                        But Fields isn't just a pylon. That's something people need to know. I want him back for cheap next year... he'll lay in the playoffs much more. Casey will come to his senses then.
                        dudes wife is smokin, he will lay every night, not just in the playoffs

Comment

Superjudge wrote: View Post
                          33-15

#firecasey
                          #derozansucks

Honestly, wtf is in people's heads. Before derozan went down this squad was killing teams, he's a HUGE part of their success. so, he comes back, and people think what.... its gonna be awesome immediately. It takes a long time to get back into it, as a player, and then, as a team.

But hey, last 6 games...... 6-0

Casey sucks, derozan sucks, Raptors suck, blow it up.

awesome mentality.

Toronto is who they are, they aren't elite yet, but they are very good. enjoy that they are better than they ever were, even when they arent as good as we ALL want them to be.

All this shit about the coach, the star..... its just that, shit.
                          It's just we have a opening to win a championship within 3 years.
                          Axel wrote:
                          KeonClark wrote:
                          KeonClark wrote:

Comment

dude, is always happening.

thats why pro sports is such a great business model

Comment

Superjudge wrote: View Post
                              dudes wife is smokin, he will lay every night, not just in the playoffs
                              Meant play. LOL Blunders.
                              Axel wrote:
                              KeonClark wrote:
                              KeonClark wrote:

Comment

What dord it say about DeRozan, Vasquez and Ross?
                                Vasquez -0.30 Offence, -1.31 Defence

Ross +0.75 Offence, -2.25 Defence

DeRozan -1.02 Offence, +0.34 Defence

Fields -2.24 Offence, -1.25 Defence

http://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/rpm/_/sort/RPM
                                If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

Working...
                                X