Standings Watch: Playoff Picture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zainab wrote: View Post
    We are not beating Lebron in a 7 game series. That's not even debatable.

Yah. It's going to be a best of seven test of manhood. Mentally & physically he can do anything he wants from any spot on the floor. Our roster, as it is presently composed, will have to fight very hard to overcome a mountain of deficiencies.

Comment

• 007 wrote: View Post
      I still think we match up extremely well with Cleveland.

Lowry/Irving
      DD/JR Smith
      JJ/LeBron
      Amir or 2Pat/Love
      JV/Mosgov
      I see LeBron dropping 30 a night, Smith hitting some clutch threes and Mozgov giving JV troubles down low. March 4th is our first game against the new look Cavs so we'll have to see.

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
        I see LeBron dropping 30 a night, Smith hitting some clutch threes and Mozgov giving JV troubles down low. March 4th is our first game against the new look Cavs so we'll have to see.
        Lets hope we have all hands on deck.

Comment

• But, still I don't care what y'all say....we aint winning a series against Lebron & Co. - not this year at least.

I don't want anything to do with Lebron in the playoffs - no way Jose.

Comment

• 007 wrote: View Post
            I still think we match up extremely well with Cleveland.

Lowry/Irving
            DD/JR Smith
            JJ/LeBron
            Amir or 2Pat/Love
            JV/Mosgov
            I don't. Ivring is going to eat Lowry alive.
            "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• I believe Irving is the Raps toughest matchup on the Cavs. There isn't really anyone on the team who can guard him one on one. At least we got JJ to cover LeBron but neither Lowry, Vasquez, Lou, Demar or Ross can guard Irving.
              You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

• The first time we faced Cleveland
                1) DeMar held LeBron in check
                2) Lou was on fire
                3) their bench was nonexistent

Next time, their second line is going to be loaded and LBJ will be more aware/knowledgeable of his teammates. It's going to be a much more difficult contest but, we'll have to fight harder to find/create weaknesses in their defense. They're tough but, not invincible.

Last edited by godkingleonidas; Mon Feb 23, 2015, 01:09 AM.

Comment

• In the playoffs the refs will be doing everything they can to advance Lebron. It's not regular season basketball, it's lets get the best ratings possible basketball. Luckily I don't see us playing the Cavs in round 1. We will both be top 4 teams, and even the 4/5 matchup against Washington or Milwaukee is a good one for us. Ideally we get the Hawks in round 2 since they're just as unpopular ratings wise so the refs won't have a reason to favor one team over the other.

Comment

We are not beating Lebron in a 7 game series. That's not even debatable.
                    Your right. We should just take the easy way out and quit. Just say we can't beat you and not even play.
                    There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                    - TGO

Comment

• Mr.Z wrote: View Post
                      I believe Irving is the Raps toughest matchup on the Cavs. There isn't really anyone on the team who can guard him one on one. At least we got JJ to cover LeBron but neither Lowry, Vasquez, Lou, Demar or Ross can guard Irving.
                      It might sound crazy given how he's played recently, but I think TRoss could match up well with Irving defensively. TRoss's on-ball defense seems much better than his off-ball D, probably because he can focus in on one player rather than the whole court.

Unfortunately that would create other problems if LeBron is on the floor, since JJ is the best matchup for him. It's a pretty complex problem because that would mean DD either hits the bench or JJ plays the four, which creates its own problem if Love and Mozgov are on the floor.

That all said... I think Lowry will turn it up a notch in the playoffs. TRoss on Irving is like one of those "In Case of Emergency" fire extinguishers.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
                        In the playoffs the refs will be doing everything they can to advance Lebron. It's not regular season basketball, it's lets get the best ratings possible basketball. Luckily I don't see us playing the Cavs in round 1. We will both be top 4 teams, and even the 4/5 matchup against Washington or Milwaukee is a good one for us. Ideally we get the Hawks in round 2 since they're just as unpopular ratings wise so the refs won't have a reason to favor one team over the other.
                        People say this so much but has there ever been actual concrete evidence of referee bias towards teams that draw higher rating?
                        "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
                          In the playoffs the refs will be doing everything they can to advance Lebron. It's not regular season basketball, it's lets get the best ratings possible basketball. Luckily I don't see us playing the Cavs in round 1. We will both be top 4 teams, and even the 4/5 matchup against Washington or Milwaukee is a good one for us. Ideally we get the Hawks in round 2 since they're just as unpopular ratings wise so the refs won't have a reason to favor one team over the other.
                          You may be right in that our toughest matchup in the post season may be against

1. The Ed Malloy crew
                          2. The Ron Garretson crew
                          3. The Joey Crawford crew

Its looking more and more likely we won't see Cleveland barring a Lebron injury in round 1. Aside from whats written by Fatalistic Debbie Downers using the cloak of "realists" THE PLAYERS think they are good enough to get to the ECF. That says we have to take on the Cavs at some point if thats the goal.
                          Aside from Lebron there isn't one guy on the Cavs that really strikes any fear into anyone. Irving is talented but lazy and Love seems need a cattle prod to get him going while he waits to sign in LA next year. We won't be favoured to win for sure but underdogs do win and thats why you play the games.
                          There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                          - TGO

Comment

But, still I don't care what y'all say....we aint winning a series against Lebron & Co. - not this year at least.

I don't want anything to do with Lebron in the playoffs - no way Jose.
                            We play the games to see who has a prayer against who. Otherwise we'd just hand the trophy at the beginning of the season. I think we can take the Cavs in 7 if we get lucky.
                            Axel wrote:
                            Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                            KeonClark wrote:
                            We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                            KeonClark wrote:
                            I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• hotfuzz wrote: View Post
                              People say this so much but has there ever been actual concrete evidence of referee bias towards teams that draw higher rating?
                              Just watch Lebron play and the calls he gets. It's laughable sometimes. It's a well known fact that NBA stars get undeserved calls from the refs. It's also well known that non-stars get fouled without their being a call. Just watch Hansbrough try to go back up with an offensive board. Dude gets hacked like he's a zombie on The Walking Dead and the refs just swallow their whistles.

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                                Your right. We should just take the easy way out and quit. Just say we can't beat you and not even play.
                                Hahaha, it's called learn to take an opinion. I never said we shouldn't play and quit - I'm just saying we won't win and that is a fact. If we won, I'd be OTT.

Comment

Working...
                                X