Trade Idea: Fixing the SF for now and the future

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trade Idea: Fixing the SF for now and the future

So I was watching the LAC OKC game today and once KD and Co. (Mitch McGary anyone?!?!) put the game out of reach Perry Jones got in. Watching him played made me think how awesome it'd be to have in a Raps uniform. Young guy who's buried under KD (and will stay there for a while) who had quite the run while in the starting line up. Got me thinking that he could be our answer to the SF starting spot. He's a 6'11 SF with freakish potential (shown flashes of being great). Can defend (has to tools to be almost as good as JJ), drive (something Ross hasn't quite figured out yet, though I'm not totally convinced its not just a matter of coaching), decent shot (not quite Ross but more than serviceable) and he's very young so he'll fit in with the core.

I'm not sure if I'd like to give up on Ross yet but a Ross for PJ3 straight up doesn't sound too bad to me (for either team), we might need to toss in some cash to make it work but still doable.

On a MUCH crazier note (which I'm just tossing out here for arguments sake) why not be a 3rd team to help OKC land Brooks Lopez. I know that the Nets suck (seriously, I hate them) but why not do something along the lines of:

OKC: Lopez + 2nd rounder + Fields/Steisma/Hansborough/trade exception
    BRK: Ross + Reggie Jackson
    TOR: Perry Jones + Kevin Garnet

I haven't done the cap calculations and I do realize that this is very little to give up for the return and KG isn't exactly my favourite person (but he can help with JV and defense). Again, THIS IS A CRAZY/INSANE/SUPER OUT THERE idea.

What are your thoughts?

Ummmm, Bruno is our future at the 3. Duhhhhhh
    Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
    Because its 2015

Comment

Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
      Ummmm, Bruno is our future at the 3. Duhhhhhh
      I seriously hope so. Dude needs to make huge leaps in the next 2 years if we wanna compete for a title

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
        I seriously hope so. Dude needs to make huge leaps in the next 2 years if we wanna compete for a title
        I wouldn't, y'know, depend on a 19-year-old for a championship.

Obviously he has All-Star upside, maybe even better, but, he's not anywhere close to even scratching it.

Comment

Mindlessness wrote: View Post
          I wouldn't, y'know, depend on a 19-year-old for a championship.

Obviously he has All-Star upside, maybe even better, but, he's not anywhere close to even scratching it.
          Thats why i said in the next two years he has to be at least Giannis level or higher. Lowry will hit 30 soon and DD will be in his Prime while JV, Ross, and PP will be approaching their primes. Unless we miraculously land KD we need Bruno to make large strides each year.

Comment

Thats why i said in the next two years he has to be at least Giannis level or higher. Lowry will hit 30 soon and DD will be in his Prime while JV, Ross, and PP will be approaching their primes. Unless we miraculously land KD we need Bruno to make large strides each year.
            Sure, the best-case scenario is that he has a Giannis-like impact on this team in two years, but for god's sake he doesn't even get playing time.

Comment

Completely agree with mindlessness. We all love Bruno and no doubt he had ask the tools to be amazing but he needs to play to get better. In his first season Giannis got burn. Bruno played when we were up 40... Under the current coaching regime I don't think he will be anywhere close to what he should be. Casey can not develop talent. He likes his vets and won't go to anything else. Drives me nuts but he's the coach not me. I don't think any player will reach the upper limits of their potential in a system where isolation plays and long range (2's) are the norm. Look at ask the garbage shots Lou is chucking. He pump fakes his defender and side steps him and instead of driving the lane (Duncan was the closed and he was in the restricted area) he shoots the 3 and clangs it. Don't you think rid would be better if there was a set run for him to open him up on a back cut to the rim and a high low feed from a big (PPat is certainly capable, amir can pass it, even jv has shown enough passing ability to do this). So as much as I'd love Bruno to be the answer, realistically, I don't think that'll happen.

Comment

Draymond Green/
                Mamba Mentality

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
                  Draymond Green/
                  He's probably better off PF honestly, he's quite good at help defense and defending post ups from what I've seen.

Comment

Mindlessness wrote: View Post
                    He's probably better off PF honestly, he's quite good at help defense and defending post ups from what I've seen.
                    Probably overrated because of GSW players around him. Good player but will have to overpay to get him and he won't be as effective elsewhere.

Comment

j_val_for_mayor wrote: View Post
                      Completely agree with mindlessness. We all love Bruno and no doubt he had ask the tools to be amazing but he needs to play to get better. In his first season Giannis got burn. Bruno played when we were up 40... Under the current coaching regime I don't think he will be anywhere close to what he should be. Casey can not develop talent. He likes his vets and won't go to anything else. Drives me nuts but he's the coach not me. I don't think any player will reach the upper limits of their potential in a system where isolation plays and long range (2's) are the norm. Look at ask the garbage shots Lou is chucking. He pump fakes his defender and side steps him and instead of driving the lane (Duncan was the closed and he was in the restricted area) he shoots the 3 and clangs it. Don't you think rid would be better if there was a set run for him to open him up on a back cut to the rim and a high low feed from a big (PPat is certainly capable, amir can pass it, even jv has shown enough passing ability to do this). So as much as I'd love Bruno to be the answer, realistically, I don't think that'll happen.
                      You may be new to the NBA, but the Bucks finished 30th in the league last year. They won less than the tanking 76er's. Of course they could give Po all kinds of burn. Plus, he showed to be much more advanced than most, probably even the Bucks believed. Bruno has skill, but in no way can be labelled advanced.

Winning teams, especially when they have depth don't play raw rooks. And look around the league, lots of decent players hardly got playing time early because they were on a good team and had numerous D-League stints. They turned out all right.
                      If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

Bruno looks a LONG way from being just a regular NBA rotation guy right now, let alone an all star "or better". And no, it's not because Casey refuses to play him or doesn't know how to develop talent. He got a shot in the D League and looked completely over matched there too.

He has some ridiculous physical gifts but there's a reason that he was not on anyone's radar (besides Masai and maybe a couple others) and his selection was such a surprise. He's the definition of taking a flyer. There's a small chance that he turns into something reallygood but there's also a decent chance that he's out of the league in a few years too.
                        Last edited by Fully; Mon Feb 9, 2015, 12:10 AM.

Comment

he's terrible

Comment

Shouldn't be too hard... He's built like a damn ostrich
                            A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

Fully wrote: View Post
                              Bruno looks a LONG way from being just a regular NBA rotation guy right now, let alone an all star "or better". And no, it's not because Casey refuses to play him or doesn't know how to develop talent. He got a shot in the D League and looked completely over matched there too.

He has some ridiculous physical gifts but there's a reason that he was not on anyone's radar (besides Masai and maybe a couple others) and his selection was such a surprise. He's the definition of taking a flyer. There's a small chance that he turns into something reallygood but there's also a decent chance that he's out of the league in a few years too.
                              It shouldn't be too hard to space the floor at the end of quarters. If Raptor ever run plays to end quarters that is.

Comment

Working...
                              X