Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Cavs Cheating the NBA & the Raptors?

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

its just bullsh*t
    w.e the nba has always been like that

already had a feeling that it was going to happen (Lebron sitting)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote dn66 wrote: View Post
    Ass***es, we lost Bosh in that game!
    I hope Orlando bits the crap out of them again.
    never mind orlando let's hold onto that 8th spot and do it ourselves or at least injure lbj... and shaq, just because hes fat, out of shape and likes to make fun of the raps.

Administrator Dr. James Naismith's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Hollinger discusses this today in his chat wraps:

John (Toronto) - The Cleveland Cavaliers are an embarassment of an organization and have no class or integrity and the NBA is a joke of a league! How can the Cavs sit LeBron against the Bulls when he played 35 minutes against the Raptors? Why not sit him tonight against the Pacers? For this bush league crap the Cavs should be fined and be without the services of LeBron for the atleast the first 2 games of the playoffs! But it won't happen cause the NBA is an embarassment! The Cavaliers have cheated the integrity of the game and should be punished!

John Hollinger (1:16 PM) - Don't hold back, tell us how you really feel. Cleveland did what was in its best interests; it just happens to not be in Toronto's best interests. Toronto can make this all a mute point by beating the Bulls on Sunday. Oh, and get used to seeing Chicago play against team's scrubs. That Charlotte game on the last day of the season is likely to provide an encore.

chris (chicao) - John - Playoff odds still see the Raptors as favorites over the Bulls. What odds would you put on it considering the Bosh injury?

John Hollinger (1:20 PM) - Bulls aren't exactly blazing a path to glory right now either, and Sunday's game is in T-dot, so I'd still say Toronto has a better than 50-50 shot.

Brian (Toronto) - John, surely you saw the cavs bulls game last night..let's take away the whole Lebron not playing. They were blatantly trying to lose, let's not sugar coat this. Verajao for the game winner? Really?

John Hollinger (1:29 PM) - I guess you think they were trying to lose Game 3 of the 2006 Finals too. This isn't the first time Varejao has ended up in an odd spot in an end-game situation for Cleveland.
    Source - Click here

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

the point isn't that they can't rest their players, but why not do it when they are playing non-playoff teams, or teams where the stakes are not so high?

L.A. rested Kobe against the Nuggets - that could have serious impact on the race in the West. Likewise with LeBron.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Mo-sales,

Because of bird rights we can spend what we need to to get Chris, if he leaves we only have about 7 million to play with. We go from getting a max player to something just over the mid level...that's a fact. And MLSE about a month ago said they would go over the luxury tax this summer. Colangelo was cawing about it just after the All Star game.

And with Chris Bosh and this team playing to it's potential they aren't a rebuilding team which is the point I'm making. This is a business and they make a truckload off of the extra games, particularly if it's Mr. James in the building. One playoff series will pay for the excesses of going over the luxury tax.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm aware of how his Bird rights work and that we can resign him regardless of how it affects our cap, but resigning Bosh means no other players of significant value are likely to added since the cap is rumored to go as low as 50 million and the raptors payroll will be 63. I'd rather resign Amir for 5-7 million and get 60 percent of Bosh's offensive value and 150% defensive value for one third the price.

Everyone needs to realize that the way this team is structured, .500 ball is what they are capable of achieving. This years Chris Bosh is going to be nothing like next years. He is playing for a new max contract and as a result he is having his best statistical year ever, its not a coincidence. Next year no matter where he plays his numbers will dip back to 22-9, his free throw attempts will drop significantly and his mid range jumpers will increase exponentially.

This is NBA dogma, nearly every player who increases his level of play during a contract year fails to sustain that level of play the following year. The exceptions are only for those players who are guaranteed the max regardless of thier level of play during a contract year ie Lebron, Wade, Kobe, Melo.

Raptors Republic Superstar Mack North's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

THEY SAT LEBRON AGAIN TONIGHT! Doesn't matter... We Can't Win, We Ain't In!
    Keep Calm & Chive On

Administrator Dr. James Naismith's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Mack North wrote: View Post
    THEY SAT LEBRON AGAIN TONIGHT! Doesn't matter... We Can't Win, We Ain't In!
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe Brown said this afternoon that LeBron is sitting out the remainder of the regular season.

Raptors Republic Superstar Mack North's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe Brown said this afternoon that LeBron is sitting out the remainder of the regular season.
    I haven't heard that yet, but I wouldn't blame him. They have an excellent shot at the Championship and I hope they win it.
    Keep Calm & Chive On

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information