No announcement yet.

Cavs Cheating the NBA & the Raptors?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LOL @Doug ... I pointed out this issue even before it happen on "Playoff race - Cavaliers Factor" thread. I guess Doug is lurking around and because he hasn't anything intelligent to say, he took my idea and develop into Conspiracy Theory.

Even though the Cavs didn't handle this fairly, Raptors should not blame anyone for their lack of effort and Raptors should not be in the situation to let the post-season plans to be affected by the fact that Cavs is resting their best players after they locked the home court advantage. Only the fact that Raptors post-season fate comes down to this issue and you know that this season is a horrible failure once again.
    Bulls and Raptors still have 4 games left and one is direct game, let the best team go in playoffs. Raptors just needs to beat Bulls (home court advantage), Detroit and New York (both out of playoff race). Bulls still have to face Boston and Atlanta. Raptors have more theoretical chances, it is up the Bargnani & Co if they would make the playoffs or not.

Comment

insight_tor wrote: View Post
      LOL @Doug ... I pointed out this issue even before it happen on "Playoff race - Cavaliers Factor" thread. I guess Doug is lurking around and because he hasn't anything intelligent to say, he took my idea and develop into Conspiracy Theory.
      +1

Good on ya insight. I noticed that too.

Comment

End of the day, its the battle of mediocrity. Neither deserves to make it. If the Raptors do make it I think the regular season still sealed their off-season fate. The fans will be waiting in limbo for a few months but the end game is rebuild.

Comment

I'm not a fan at all of resting players before the playoffs. It does a disservice to fans and to the integrity of the game. Not to say that they haven't earned a "right" to do it, but the practice of doing so is just weak.

Never making excuses for the Raptors, they have put themselves in this situation and deserve no favours.

Comment

Gman,

good points, each and every fan can take how Lebron and the Cavs handled the situation thier own way. If people want to get offended they likely have a right. From my point of view, they don't owe us anything. We are a potential first round match up and if they want to play mind games and toy with the Bulls its fine. They are competing for a championship and doing whatever they feel gives them the best opportunity to win it. The franchise is in Lebron's pocket and is forced to acquiesce to whatever whims he fancies.

As to your other point, I think you have it backwards. The long term ramifications exist if the raptors do make the play offs. The best way for this team to improve is through the draft, some would it argue the only way. The 12th pick is a very good pick that could very possibly result in an all star caliber joining the franchise at a very good cost for the next four years.

I think you are fooling yourself if you think Bosh's decision to stay or go in any way depends on how this team finishes the season with him on the shelf. Chris is going to do what is best for Chris and he is going to base that on a broad scale of present and future considerations, not the last two weeks of the regular season where his team managed to scrape together a couple of victories against teams that have more to gain by losing.

If he stays this team becomes even more inflexible and needs its draft pick since it will be capped out. If he leaves, this team needs to rebuild through the draft and unload its big contracts.

The salary cap is likely to drop this year and a new CBA coming the year after that. I can't forsee why the MLSE would go over the cap into the luxury tax for a rebuilding team whose best case scenario is the bottom end of the play off bracket.

Comment

its just bullsh*t
              w.e the nba has always been like that

already had a feeling that it was going to happen (Lebron sitting)

Comment

dn66 wrote: View Post
                Ass***es, we lost Bosh in that game!
                I hope Orlando bits the crap out of them again.
                never mind orlando let's hold onto that 8th spot and do it ourselves or at least injure lbj... and shaq, just because hes fat, out of shape and likes to make fun of the raps.
                If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Hollinger discusses this today in his chat wraps:

John (Toronto) - The Cleveland Cavaliers are an embarassment of an organization and have no class or integrity and the NBA is a joke of a league! How can the Cavs sit LeBron against the Bulls when he played 35 minutes against the Raptors? Why not sit him tonight against the Pacers? For this bush league crap the Cavs should be fined and be without the services of LeBron for the atleast the first 2 games of the playoffs! But it won't happen cause the NBA is an embarassment! The Cavaliers have cheated the integrity of the game and should be punished!

John Hollinger (1:16 PM) - Don't hold back, tell us how you really feel. Cleveland did what was in its best interests; it just happens to not be in Toronto's best interests. Toronto can make this all a mute point by beating the Bulls on Sunday. Oh, and get used to seeing Chicago play against team's scrubs. That Charlotte game on the last day of the season is likely to provide an encore.

chris (chicao) - John - Playoff odds still see the Raptors as favorites over the Bulls. What odds would you put on it considering the Bosh injury?

John Hollinger (1:20 PM) - Bulls aren't exactly blazing a path to glory right now either, and Sunday's game is in T-dot, so I'd still say Toronto has a better than 50-50 shot.

Brian (Toronto) - John, surely you saw the cavs bulls game last night..let's take away the whole Lebron not playing. They were blatantly trying to lose, let's not sugar coat this. Verajao for the game winner? Really?

John Hollinger (1:29 PM) - I guess you think they were trying to lose Game 3 of the 2006 Finals too. This isn't the first time Varejao has ended up in an odd spot in an end-game situation for Cleveland.
                  Source - Click here

Comment

the point isn't that they can't rest their players, but why not do it when they are playing non-playoff teams, or teams where the stakes are not so high?

L.A. rested Kobe against the Nuggets - that could have serious impact on the race in the West. Likewise with LeBron.

Comment

Mo-sales,

Because of bird rights we can spend what we need to to get Chris, if he leaves we only have about 7 million to play with. We go from getting a max player to something just over the mid level...that's a fact. And MLSE about a month ago said they would go over the luxury tax this summer. Colangelo was cawing about it just after the All Star game.

And with Chris Bosh and this team playing to it's potential they aren't a rebuilding team which is the point I'm making. This is a business and they make a truckload off of the extra games, particularly if it's Mr. James in the building. One playoff series will pay for the excesses of going over the luxury tax.

Comment

I'm aware of how his Bird rights work and that we can resign him regardless of how it affects our cap, but resigning Bosh means no other players of significant value are likely to added since the cap is rumored to go as low as 50 million and the raptors payroll will be 63. I'd rather resign Amir for 5-7 million and get 60 percent of Bosh's offensive value and 150% defensive value for one third the price.

Everyone needs to realize that the way this team is structured, .500 ball is what they are capable of achieving. This years Chris Bosh is going to be nothing like next years. He is playing for a new max contract and as a result he is having his best statistical year ever, its not a coincidence. Next year no matter where he plays his numbers will dip back to 22-9, his free throw attempts will drop significantly and his mid range jumpers will increase exponentially.

This is NBA dogma, nearly every player who increases his level of play during a contract year fails to sustain that level of play the following year. The exceptions are only for those players who are guaranteed the max regardless of thier level of play during a contract year ie Lebron, Wade, Kobe, Melo.

Comment

THEY SAT LEBRON AGAIN TONIGHT! Doesn't matter... We Can't Win, We Ain't In!

Comment

Mack North wrote: View Post
                            THEY SAT LEBRON AGAIN TONIGHT! Doesn't matter... We Can't Win, We Ain't In!
                            Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe Brown said this afternoon that LeBron is sitting out the remainder of the regular season.

Comment

Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
                              Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe Brown said this afternoon that LeBron is sitting out the remainder of the regular season.
                              I haven't heard that yet, but I wouldn't blame him. They have an excellent shot at the Championship and I hope they win it.

Comment

Working...
                              X