Adnan Virk Joins ESPN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adnan Virk Joins ESPN

Congrats to Adnan, but sad for us Canadians for we're losing another one to the southern brother.

While it remains to be seen whether the Raptors lose Chris Bosh this summer, they are already losing another member of the organization stateside this spring. Raptors NBA TV host Adnan Virk, who also appears on Leafs TV and Gol TV Canada, and previously worked at The Score, has accepted a job with ESPN in Bristol, Conn.

In doing so, Virk joins a select group of Canadian broadcasters — including John Saunders, Mark Jones, Dan Shulman and David Amber — who made the move to the powerhouse U.S. sports network.

I wish him all the best, and I know ESPN is right in his wheelhouse.
    Source - Click here

Good for Adnan....though I dont know if he was particularly suited to his Raptors gig here...too saccharine and leading for me at least. But he was working for Raptors tv.

Comment

"The Baller"! Good for him, let's hope they find a suitable replacement. Nothing against that Paul Johnson guy from previous seasons, but he was a little lame and lifeless on those telecasts. I'd like someone with a little more energy and wit.

Comment

That's it. RR is ending the ESPN affiliation.

Comment

Mack North wrote: View Post
          "The Baller"! Good for him, let's hope they find a suitable replacement. Nothing against that Paul Johnson guy from previous seasons, but he was a little lame and lifeless on those telecasts. I'd like someone with a little more energy and wit.
          Bring back Norma Wick. Anyone notice how downhill this franchise has become ever since she left or was fired?

Comment

Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
            Bring back Norma Wick. Anyone notice how downhill this franchise has become ever since she left or was fired?

She was ok, but a little boring as well. I say they get Gabe Morency! That dude has energy! I only started getting into his show right before he got fired. Not really a chance of this happening but someone along those lines would be nice, IMO.

Comment

Norma used to stand way too close to the person she was interviewing.

Comment

Arsenalist wrote: View Post
                That's called investigative journalism.

Lol fuck Adnan. He's getting more money with ESPN, so good for him.
                Funny story about little pint sized Adnan. I was at Shoeless Joes on King and Spadina (now called Stix and Stones, which recently had a fire, I digress) one time during a boxing match, De La Hoya vs. Mayweather. The place was beyond capacity and my friend and I were crammed up watching a small TV by the door. Who tries to waltz in during the first round, but Adnan Virk, accompanied by a lady friend. The bouncers said the place was full, and he tried to work his magic by saying that he was a sports broadcaster and worked for the score, or whatever. The bouncers just laughed and turned him away. It was funny.
                The guy is all of 5' and has a huge head. It would have been funnier if the bouncers just pulled out a stick a la Canada's Wonderland and said he was too short for the ride.

Comment

LOL Drizz, it's always funny to hear a story about a shitty Canadian celebrity. It's even better when the person telling it actually dislikes the celeb.

Comment

She was ok, but a little boring as well. I say they get Gabe Morency! That dude has energy! I only started getting into his show right before he got fired. Not really a chance of this happening but someone along those lines would be nice, IMO.
                    morency would be sick but there's a better chance of the score re-hiring him then joining raptors tv.

i absolutely hated adnan virk, i honestly thought he was the biggest douche ever. so, i'm glad i don't have to see his ugly mug on my tv anymore, not that i ever did after he left the score because i don't have raptors tv.
                    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Arsenalist wrote: View Post
                      This little shit is bad for that, not to mention the most annoying little turd interviewer ever.

Jim Gray of NBC

Comment

For the record ... I was kidding about Norma. Her adam's apple freaked me out too much.

Comment

This little shit is bad for that, not to mention the most annoying little turd interviewer ever.

Jim Gray of NBC
                          I f*cking hate jim gray !! I'll always remember him berating Pete Rose in that all star game when he was being honered. douche
                          "Hello, Hello !.....You Play to Win the GAME!!"

Herm Edwards

Comment

rdiaz101 wrote: View Post
                            I f*cking hate jim gray !! I'll always remember him berating Pete Rose in that all star game when he was being honered. douche
                            Exactly the one clip I was thinking of when I remembered him!

Only clip I could find for those who haven't seen it.

Comment

Exactly the one clip I was thinking of when I remembered him!

Only clip I could find for those who haven't seen it.
                              i made out the last 45 seconds but really tinny.

i would have told the dude staright up to f... off
                              If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Working...
                              X