• Show
Clear All

• rocwell wrote: View Post
    what would you offer for Mr. Kanter?
    3 1st rounders, Lowry, JV and Ross.
    "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• Considering Howard, he's not worth any trade right now as his career is currently in question due to constant serious injuries he's having recently.
      Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

• I was just going through every team 1 through 15 and decided we are standing pat. No trades for Toronto this year...let's shut it down people
        For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• I don't think Masai does anything significant at the trade deadline, could see a small deal being done like the Daye - DeYolo trade.

But really, what's the point of making even a medium sized trade now? I don't think there is any trade out there right now that will push the Raptors to title contender status. All you'd be doing is sacrificing youth and flexibility for no real significant improvement.
          Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
          Because its 2015

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
            I was just going through every team 1 through 15 and decided we are standing pat. No trades for Toronto this year...let's shut it down people
            This.

There isn't really any need, there is nothing out there

Comment

• ball4life wrote: View Post
              That wasn't Masai.. and it shouldn't set the standard on trade value. BC should have absolutely got Harden. you're talking league MVP material here.
              My bad if that wasn't Masai, and by no means does it set the standard at all. Let us remember that not a single person on earth would have thought that Harden was MVP caliber. Remember he was just a good offensive weapon amongst great weapons. Yeah sure hindsight dictates we should have traded for him but the standard for me is: don't give up JV for ONLY a scorer. Harden didn't play D and never showed he could lead a team.

Comment

• RandomGuy wrote: View Post
                Whole depth? Even just with Jones, Dwight and Smith Houston has lots of depth, not to mention that Dorsey, Papa and Capela are great backups defensively. Heck, they can even grab Sanders or try to get Kanter if they want to improve it as much.

Considering the needs, do you believe that few more rebounds per game is what will improve the Raptors so much that it will be worth the trade? Plumlee would be nice pickup, I'm just not sure if I agree with "we need a rebounder" statement, we need all around player like Amir, but it looks like there's not much to choose from. Btw, half of these teams are not even making the playoffs.
                RPG for teams.

Meanwhile Atlanta is 27th, rebounding is not that relevant, not the real issue/need imo.
                Jones and Dwight are injured. Dorsey and Paps are undersized, Capela isn't ready for the NBA.

Rebounds are huge in the playoffs. Miami made up for it by having one of the best small ball lineups. Atlanta makes up for it by getting highly efficient shots. It's not the most important thing, but it's something to address. (The most important right now are perimeter D and inside D.)

Comment

• Superjudge wrote: View Post
                  This.

There isn't really any need, there is nothing out there
                  every trade I thought of was ultimately either lateral (meaning any eventual small improvement may cost chemistry now), cost us future flexibility, or a rental (which is gambling with the future) as much as I love the trade machine, there are no game changers available. So as someone else said...perhaps there is a De Colo type move but otherwise I really don't see the point.
                  For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

I was just going through every team 1 through 15 and decided we are standing pat. No trades for Toronto this year...let's shut it down people
                    Afflalo for Ross and Fields.

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
                      Afflalo for Ross and Fields.
                      falls under rental also there are numerous sources on record saying Denver would want a 1st round pick as well which falls under mortgaging the future for a rental...a bad move twice over without a guarantee to take his option or resign. Love the player though

Comment

• hotfuzz wrote: View Post
                        3 1st rounders, Lowry, JV and Ross.
                        Sold to the drunk guy!

Comment

falls under rental
                          Sure he's got a player option, but he's not stupid enough to throw away 8 mil.

Comment

• Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
                            I don't think Masai does anything significant at the trade deadline, could see a small deal being done like the Daye - DeYolo trade.

But really, what's the point of making even a medium sized trade now? I don't think there is any trade out there right now that will push the Raptors to title contender status. All you'd be doing is sacrificing youth and flexibility for no real significant improvement.
                            I think a guy like David West would make us a much better team than we are now.
                            Mamba Mentality

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
                              Sure he's got a player option, but he's not stupid enough to throw away 8 mil.
                              he's smart enough to know he could throw it away and get a three or four year deal somewhere he choses over somewhere he was sent

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                                I think a guy like David West would make us a much better team than we are now.
                                I very much agree with this as well, although a lot of people here do not. He provides toughness, post presence, and best of all: his contract is over next year which means cap relief for 2016

Comment

Working...
                                X