• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This thread is hilarious.
    in masai we trust

water covers 98% of the earth, Mitchell Robinson covers the other 2%

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
      I have said that. Thead said that. But if you went through our posts about it you'll see it's all about character.

As I've said regarding this issue, one of the worst mistakes you can make in pro sports is building around a guy with the wrong kind of personality for a franchise player. Instead of taking your team to the next level, you waste assets getting them, don't really advance your team, and just end up having to re-build again when you accept the attempt failed.

Now, it's fully possible Cousins could "get it" and be the player he has the talent to be, but basically I'm ok with not being the team to take that risk. I also wouldn't be crazy pissed or anything if we pulled the trigger on the deal, but I'd be skeptical until results give me reason not to be.
      You nailed it. See Carmelo, McGrady....
      Never won shit for the team. Tons of personal accolades. Pass

Comment

• bryan colangelo wrote: View Post
        What DMC needs more than anything is a consistent management and coaching team that knows what it's doing. He needs to have faith in his leadership.

If you put him on a team like the Pacers, Celtics or Heat, I bet a lot of his issues would go away, despite their records.

Edit: Think of Cousins as an angrier version of Vince, going through the Babcock/Smitch/Arajuo era. If I were him I'd be pissed, too.
        And "consistent management & coaching" is something he has not had. Finally "tunes in" to Malone & Malone is gone bec DMC gets injured.
        Now another first rounder (Stauskas) gone (following Jimmer & Robinson & many other high first rounders).

Comment

• Mapko wrote: View Post
          You nailed it. See Carmelo, McGrady....
          Never won shit for the team. Tons of personal accolades. Pass
          Those 2 have different kinds of issues... they are both full of themselves outside of baskeball... cousins' issues are different. he is a lil too competitive for his own good.. alas Kyle. and i tihnk thats definitely curable with a winning culture around.

Comment

• DeMarcus "Boogie" Cousins And Bill Simmons: http://youtu.be/L-IpwPgzB0s
            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
              DeMarcus "Boogie" Cousins And Bill Simmons: http://youtu.be/L-IpwPgzB0s
              He seemed pretty cool there....though I think he's wound up too tight most times I see clips of him...he needs to take his happy pills more often.

Comment

• Someone on RealGM suggested a trade for Danilo Gallinari of the Nuggets (those guys live for this). He was injured all last year, but unlike Lou Williams has not fully recovered yet. We could trade Hansbrough and Fields and it actually works on the Trade Machine. The trade would shore up the Raptors' small forward position, allowing Ross to remain as backup shooting guard, where he actually performs well (most of the time). Denver would get two expiring contracts and two strong defenders, one of whom could back up Faried. Hansbrough would be reunited with Ty Lawson, a move that might revitalize his career.

Toronto's GM traded for Gallinari in the Carmelo Anthony deal.

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                  There's no rumour I started it lol. JV + Ross for Cousins. A few people don't like the idea of trading JV even for COusins. Sigh. It just took off from there lol.
                  Sounds like everyone is having fun so I'll join in. Knowing Sactown's crazy owner, he'd think he can get more for Boogie than JV AND Ross. But an interesting gossip to entertain nonetheless.
                  “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

• Day One wrote: View Post
                    ohhhh but we will get him in the end.
                    Yes. Yes we will.

Comment

• Superjudge wrote: View Post
                      History...

heh, cousins in s one of the baddest asses in the NBA. Dude is a force. Try to remember what he does to the Raps when they play...now, switch spots, lets move JV and him..... Toronto has Cousins, Amir, JJ Dd and Lowry out there.....

My goodness.
                      yeah and after Lowry gets sick of his shit, Cousins takes a dump in his shoes and pulls a gun in the locker room. I'm telling you people, knuckleheads are not worth the trouble
                      For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• as to the actual merit of trading JV for Cousins...if the reason is Karl doesn't want a slow center for his run and gun offense why the fuck would he trade for JV?
                        For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• ball4life wrote: View Post
                          Those 2 have different kinds of issues... they are both full of themselves outside of baskeball... cousins' issues are different. he is a lil too competitive for his own good.. alas Kyle. and i tihnk thats definitely curable with a winning culture around.
                          the common thread is character issues

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
                            yeah and after Lowry gets sick of his shit, Cousins takes a dump in his shoes and pulls a gun in the locker room. I'm telling you people, knuckleheads are not worth the trouble
                            That is just not the type of trouble DMC gets in. His problem isn't off the court, its pouting and complaining when things are going bad. At the start of this year, he was a great team mate (they were playing well) so it is reasonable to assume that while playing on a good team he will be a good team mate. He also knows DD from USA basketball. The only reason for concern would be Casey. If he plays DMC like JV things would end badly, hopefully he doesn't, because that would be idiotic. DMC would be the best player on the team so hopefully he gets the pt and touches accordingly. He would fit the team excellently, but having said that, there is no chance the Raps land DMC. Even if Sac was to give him up, other teams can make better trades (Boston, Phoenix, Orlando)

Comment

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
                              That is just not the type of trouble DMC gets in. His problem isn't off the court, its pouting and complaining when things are going bad. At the start of this year, he was a great team mate (they were playing well) so it is reasonable to assume that while playing on a good team he will be a good team mate. He also knows DD from USA basketball. The only reason for concern would be Casey. If he plays DMC like JV things would end badly, hopefully he doesn't, because that would be idiotic. DMC would be the best player on the team so hopefully he gets the pt and touches accordingly. He would fit the team excellently, but having said that, there is no chance the Raps land DMC. Even if Sac was to give him up, other teams can make better trades (Boston, Phoenix, Orlando)
                              I think his behaviour this season is strongly tied to the firing of Malone. He was fine up until then. Even when they were losing. It was when Malone was fired that he started being DMC again.

Comment

• would the Spurs build around him?

Comment

Working...
                                X