Everything RAPTORS 2015 Trade Deadline

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
    Harkess...is a very low risk, high reward player to pick up.
    I have not seen him play much, but his stats last year were pretty good, with a .542 TS% and .383 from three. He clearly has worked on his free throw percentage, as it is way up this year. That is a good sign. He is a below average rebounder, and it's hard to tell just how good a defender he might be. He did average 1.8 steals per 36 last year, which is also pretty good, comparable to Lou Williams. Any thoughts on this?

It looks like the kind of move Mr. Ujiri might go for if there is no big trade.

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
      Ross for DMo is pretty underwhelming.. For big men, we need any combination of rebounding, rim protection and post defense. DMo doesn't really help.
      Im not sure if you follow his game, how can this be underwhelming? It would be a steal and I am not being a fan boy, ask Houston fans. He has good post defense as well as rim defense, not sure if you know what you are talking about, JV gives rebounding.
      Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

• caccia wrote: View Post
        I have not seen him play much, but his stats last year were pretty good, with a .542 TS% and .383 from three. He clearly has worked on his free throw percentage, as it is way up this year. That is a good sign. He is a below average rebounder, and it's hard to tell just how good a defender he might be. He did average 1.8 steals per 36 last year, which is also pretty good, comparable to Lou Williams. Any thoughts on this?

It looks like the kind of move Mr. Ujiri might go for if there is no big trade.
        I follow the Magic pretty close, and at the end of last year many thought we would end up being a good 3 and D guy. This is the exact need for the Raps at the 3 imo.

Comment

• I'd be down with dMO
          For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• A trade of Harkless for Hayes, Nogueira, or Fields would work, according to the ESPN trade machine. The guy is only 21 and is 6' 8", 208 lbs. Certainly looks like a worthwhile deal for "minimal return."

Comment

• Harkless here would be nice.
              Axel wrote:
              Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
              KeonClark wrote:
              We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
              KeonClark wrote:
              I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

A trade of Harkless for Hayes, Nogueira, or Fields would work, according to the ESPN trade machine. The guy is only 21 and is 6' 8", 208 lbs. Certainly looks like a worthwhile deal for "minimal return."
                I could see Orlando not making a trade because they just fired their coach and have no team identity. They may want to hold pat and experiment with all their players to find the best play style for them.

EDIT: But I would love for the Raps to make a move for Harkless

Comment

• RandomGuy wrote: View Post
                  Im not sure if you follow his game, how can this be underwhelming? It would be a steal and I am not being a fan boy, ask Houston fans. He has good post defense as well as rim defense, not sure if you know what you are talking about, JV gives rebounding.
                  He's a tall, smart post up player that can hit a jumpshot here and there. That's how anyone would sum up his game. Rim protection and DMo don't belong in the same sentence if we're talking about guys that do it well. Raw numbers show you he's never even hit 1 BPG in his career (let alone per 36). This season, he's at 0.4 blocks per game in 28 minutes a night, or 0.6 per 36 minutes (his fouls per game are 7 times higher than his blocks).

http://nyloncalculus.com/stats/rim-protection/

Allows 46.4% at the rim (not bad) but only contests 33% of total chances. He's also a negative in points saved at the rim. Both per game and per 36. JV is among the top.

Rebounding is one of our other prime issues and with only 7.7 rebounds per 36 for his career, he does nothing for us. Great player but doesn't help this team.
                  Last edited by tDotted; Tue Feb 17, 2015, 06:56 PM.

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                    I would trade Terrence Ross for Terrence Jones in a heartbeat. No way Hou trade for Ross though. Jones is a very good player. Ross is a player that Raps fans like to overrate but the reality is he's nothing more than a role player, borderline scrub.
                    Still really unclear if Houston would have interest in moving Jones.

I really like Jones...IF they do shop him, I'd try to build a deal around Vasquez. They really need a player like Vasquez, who can be a solid bench PG, but also play beside/behind either Harden or Beverley and fit decently. You'd obviously have to include some kind of young piece/pick, and the money wouldn't work straight up, but in terms of needs, that's where I'd try to start building the deal.

Comment

He's a tall, smart post up player that can hit a jumpshot here and there. That's how anyone would sum up his game. Rim protection and DMo don't belong in the same sentence if we're talking about guys that do it well. Raw numbers show you he's never even hit 1 BPG in his career (let alone per 36). This season, he's at 0.4 blocks per game in 28 minutes a night, or 0.6 per 36 minutes (his fouls per game are 7 times higher than his blocks).

http://nyloncalculus.com/stats/rim-protection/

Allows 46.4% at the rim (not bad) but only contests 33% of total chances. He's also a negative in points saved at the rim. Both per game and per 36. JV is among the top.

Rebounding is one of our other prime issues and with only 7.7 rebounds per 36 for his career, he does nothing for us. Great player but doesn't help this team.
                      Well, he does have so few rebounds because he usually boxes out the players and he was often used as PF with Dwight on the court, McHale wants him to stretch the floor from time to time what means that occasionally he was required to stand at 3pt line and shoot 3's. He is not great rebounder but that's about it and even rebounding isn't something what can't be improved. Blocks per game aren't reflecting rim protection, % allowed is and currently he's 6th at the league regarding that stat and 6/7th in the league in 2p%. AS a 7fter he also can play 4 and 5, has already quite polished post game with variety of moves and great footwork, can stretch the floor and play defense + has great passing skills for a big man, all of this while being still 24 and making significant development and now playing as a starter over Josh Smith and Terrence Jones (he was 13th man last year). Trading him for Ross does not really help Raptors? Then what does? I am not arguing on the needs of the Raptors, I am saying if there is possibility to trade someone like Ross for a guy, who is in discussion "Do you trade DMO for Dragic", you do the trade.

The poll part (from clutchfans)
                      Last edited by RandomGuy; Tue Feb 17, 2015, 07:40 PM.
                      Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

Ross for DMo is pretty underwhelming.. For big men, we need any combination of rebounding, rim protection and post defense. DMo doesn't really help.
                        How high do you value Ross? Currently for this raptors team we wouldn't miss a beat night in night out having Ross DNP-CD. Sure he has potential somewhere down the line...

Wouldn't you rather have Dmo playing Handsbro's minutes? He also could start for Amir when Amir needs ankle rest. I think its a win/win for all. PHX obvs would have to see the potential and maximize it, which could be possible.

Comment

A trade of Harkless for Hayes, Nogueira, or Fields would work, according to the ESPN trade machine. The guy is only 21 and is 6' 8", 208 lbs. Certainly looks like a worthwhile deal for "minimal return."
                          Not sure if that's a "minimal return"

There's no way i include Bebe in any trade for Harkless. I'm actually more intrugued in Bebe's potential than the other Brazilian kid.

Hayes is one of the lockeroom leader of this team. There's no way they move him. Unless they can get a player that can help them win now. Not for a player that they "hope" to be a good player like Harkless.

Stiemsma + Daniels or Fields for Harkless. That's minimal return.
                          Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                            Not sure if that's a "minimal return"

There's no way i include Bebe in any trade for Harkless. I'm actually more intrugued in Bebe's potential than the other Brazilian kid.

Hayes is one of the lockeroom leader of this team. There's no way they move him. Unless they can get a player that can help them win now. Not for a player that they "hope" to be a good player like Harkless.

Stiemsma + Daniels or Fields for Harkless. That's minimal return.
                            He was just listing players that we could hypothetically trade to make it work. Fields + maybe a second rounder would make sense for Mo Harkless, from what I've seen he's a good shooter from the corners and he moves his feet on D. If anything it'll make Ross get off his ass and work or he'll get kicked out of the rotation for Harkless.

Comment

• Now this is a player that i would try and trade for. Don't think we have the assets to trade for a guy like this thouhg. Price is way too high lol.

Mamba Mentality

Comment

• I don't know if anyone watched Lithuania in the worlds this past summer. But dmo and Jv compliment each other very well. Plus they've been playing together for years so the chemistry is already there. I would be delighted to get him for ross
                                I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

Working...
                                X