No announcement yet.

Everything RAPTORS 2015 Trade Deadline

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DMC? The second best center in the NBA? I would hate to have him on my team! I don't want great layers who are unstoppable in the low post! Oh he is a great passer too and has become a plus defender? No Way, I want him on my team! He gets upset and talks back to the refs and is a hothead out there! Oh, he only has 6 techs, less than Draymond Green, Markeiff Morris, Blake Griffin, Deandre Jordan, Eric Bledsoe and Russel Westbrook? I seriously don't understand how people question whether or not DMC would be a good addition to the team.

Comment

• ball4life wrote:
      This rant abt cousins attitudes issue is such female talk.
      draps wrote:
      i get that this is canada and people are overly nice and shit, but grow a pair.
      DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
      DMC? The second best center in the NBA? I would hate to have him on my team! I don't want great layers who are unstoppable in the low post! Oh he is a great passer too and has become a plus defender? No Way, I want him on my team! He gets upset and talks back to the refs and is a hothead out there! Oh, he only has 6 techs, less than Draymond Green, Markeiff Morris, Blake Griffin, Deandre Jordan, Eric Bledsoe and Russel Westbrook? I seriously don't understand how people question whether or not DMC would be a good addition to the team.
      He's played between 11 and 14 games less than all those guys except Westbrook.

It's never popular to question a guy's character because talent is always so tantalizing. But every single year there are people clamouring for guys like Lance Stephenson, Stephen Jackson, Michael Beasley, Andrew Bynum, etc etc, and when those guys flame out, the same people who were talking shit about chemistry/character don't say a thing afterward.

It's called survivorship bias. You only remember the good gambles and forget about all the failures.

Again, I think DMC is a solid gamble, but it's certainly not a 100% home run swing the way you guys are painting it.

Comment

• I seriously dont think cousins would be a head case on a winning team. I'd be pissed off all the time of Ranadive owned my team as well.
        You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

• Lol all this Cousins talk is ridiculous in a trade deadline thread. Why on earth would Sacramento trade Cousins before the guy plays a single game with his new coach?? They have to actually see him play in Karl's offense before they just ship him out. Not only that, but he just signed a huge contract extension, meaning he's not a free agent this summer, meaning if they were going to entertain trading him it would be in the summer. There's absolutely no reason to trade away arguably the best big man in the league part way through a season.

Comment

• DDelight wrote: View Post
            Lol all this Cousins talk is ridiculous in a trade deadline thread. Why on earth would Sacramento trade Cousins before the guy plays a single game with his new coach??
            This..

DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
            DMC? The second best center in the NBA? I would hate to have him on my team! I don't want great layers who are unstoppable in the low post! Oh he is a great passer too and has become a plus defender?
            Something to consider.... 4.4 Turnovers per game, 3.3 assists. If those stats were to hypothetically carry over, that would equate to 34% of our teams turnovers. Our offense is 4th in the league in taking care of the ball at 12.8 per game. He's also only shooting 46%. Assuming Casey's offense would stay the same, Cousins would do absolutely nothing better than JV.

(JV: 68% 0-3 Feet
            DMC: 65% 0-3 Feet)

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
              This..

Something to consider.... 4.4 Turnovers per game, 3.3 assists. If those stats were to hypothetically carry over, that would equate to 34% of our teams turnovers. Our offense is 4th in the league in taking care of the ball at 12.8 per game. He's also only shooting 46%. Assuming Casey's offense would stay the same, Cousins would do absolutely nothing better than JV.

Please don't compare DMC and JV. These our two different types of beasts
              http://youtu.be/LuYa2XEYt7E
              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                Please don't compare DMC and JV. These our two different types of beasts
                http://youtu.be/LuYa2XEYt7E
                Oh, THAT'S Demarcus Cousins?? I wasn't aware.

... LOL

All I'm asking is how much better would DMC play JV's role in this offense. Maybe this would be better for another thread though.

Comment

This..

Cousins is more turnover prone - true,

TO%
                  DMC - 16.6%
                  JV - 12.2%
                  About 35% more of Cousin's touches result in him turning it over than JV's touches.

BUT

AST%
                  DMC - 19.2%
                  JV - 2.4%
                  About 700% more of Cousins touches end in him assisting a team mates FG than JV's touches.

That is also something to consider.
                  If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

Cousins would do absolutely nothing better than JV.

Well a bit too much energy spent on DC here, as this the the longest of longshots...but I'll bite.

Classic post. Get on those stats and start chattering away about how they are the same.... nevermind what you see on the floor.

Nevermind which player is an actual focal point for opposing defences.
                    Nevermind which player is getting hacked to shit so much that his FG % lowers due to calls he won't get as a result. (keep in mind, although JV gets little support from officials, its not the same thing as DC's situation...in DC's, they simply cannot call um all)
                    Nevermind how many fouls DC draws on opposing bigs, getting him a shit tonne of easy points and sitting his opposing starting big on the pines.

oh yeah, same players for sure man. hahahaa

This is what DC does. And it aint even close right now.

Comment

• Seeing how a poster has openly said he invented the rumour about cousins being available, seems a little silly for this whole thread to be preoccupied with cousins. Hopefully there's more interesting / tangible rumours to come.

Comment

• be kinda nice if this were something more though huh?

Comment

• We get back a SF with Boogie or no deal.

Why weaken our worst position even more when we do not need to? I've said that beforehand. You all want us to get a superstar big. We need a solid contributor at the 3 to play ahead or behind JJ. That's it.
                          Axel wrote:
                          Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                          KeonClark wrote:
                          We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                          KeonClark wrote:
                          I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• we need a new rumour now.

Comment

• big boi wrote: View Post
                              Seeing how a poster has openly said he invented the rumour about cousins being available, seems a little silly for this whole thread to be preoccupied with cousins. Hopefully there's more interesting / tangible rumours to come.
                              Well, we spent over 300 pages and 6000 posts discussing the 2014 draft. Maybe silly and pointless in hindsight, but interesting while it was ongoing.
                              If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• Superjudge wrote: View Post
                                we need a new rumour now.
                                Either that or just hold off till FA, nab up Demarre Carroll from the Hawks, sign up JJ + Lou and then draft a PF.

BOOM. Team becomes best in the East.
                                Axel wrote:
                                Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                                KeonClark wrote:
                                We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                                KeonClark wrote:
                                I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

Working...
                                X