Everything RAPTORS 2015 Trade Deadline

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thead wrote: View Post
    as to the actual merit of trading JV for Cousins...if the reason is Karl doesn't want a slow center for his run and gun offense why the fuck would he trade for JV?
    He wouldn't. Why is this being discussed?

Joey wrote: View Post
    It was when Malone was fired that he started being DMC again.
    Like this?

Comment

• caccia wrote: View Post
      Someone on RealGM suggested a trade for Danilo Gallinari of the Nuggets (those guys live for this). He was injured all last year, but unlike Lou Williams has not fully recovered yet. We could trade Hansbrough and Fields and it actually works on the Trade Machine. The trade would shore up the Raptors' small forward position, allowing Ross to remain as backup shooting guard, where he actually performs well (most of the time). Denver would get two expiring contracts and two strong defenders, one of whom could back up Faried. Hansbrough would be reunited with Ty Lawson, a move that might revitalize his career.

Toronto's GM traded for Gallinari in the Carmelo Anthony deal.
      Galinari has another year on his deal (11.5 mill). He hasnt played much for a couple of seasons and like Lou Will. is probably going to be not 100% if ever for another year as well. Great talent, good guy but is probably not going to help us much in the immediate.

Comment

• Galinari used to be fucking money from long range and he could handle and pass a bit too. That was like two seasons ago tho

Comment

• Man, I hope Masai makes a move soon, I want something to happen.
          The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
            Like this?
            LOL They even say at the end of that video about how Malone had a better handle on Cousins than anybody else.
            What a punk move though.. but at the same time, he could end up being a Zach Randolph/ Rasheed Wallace type, where he learns to channel the fire.

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
              would the Spurs build around him?
              I think he would be looked at differently, if he was on the Spurs....and he'd probably have at least a title by now.....

He's always played on a losing team in SAC with a revolving door of players and coaches.

I think it's possible that we'd see a different, maybe even better player if he was in the Spurs organization.....The Spurs had Stephen Jackson on their team...Why not Cousins?

Back to the Raps

I think with a respected/consistent coach and a good team (with the Raps in the east he'd make the playoffs every year) we would see a different version of him...

See JJ or Kyle... Bad reps but good players in the right environment.

I can see Demarcus Cousins being this type of player (maybe it's the optimist in me).

AT WORST he goes back to his old ways and we trade him...he would be a perennial all-star in the east and we would certainly get a good haul in any trade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• LMC plays bball like a hockey player....good fit in T. What a combo Psyco T and LMC

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
                  He wouldn't. Why is this being discussed?

Like this?
                  Every team needs an a$$hole, we have Tyler Hansbrough aka "Psycho T", if we were going to send him over to Sacktown with JV for DMC, I wouldn't mind. They are competitive, fierce, players. You need an angry guy on your team to scare opponents. I'm not saying this is all he's good for, he's a star caliber player, but what I am saying is that a$$holes like Garnett, Pierce, Artest, Rodman, who carry swagger and intimidate the opponents for their attitude, have won Championships. When you put them those type of players on a winning team, they are able to control their emotions more, but the fact that the beast still lies within them, it still make the opponent worry all day.

And with all due respect, the Kings were down 21 in that game, frustration hits everyone at that point, even Demar and JV. So don't make it seem worse than it really is. If Demar and JV were on a shitty team down by 21 in the fourth, they'd probably show more emotions than normal too.
                  Last edited by GoldenBaller; Tue Feb 17, 2015, 12:41 AM.
                  A wise man once said: F*ck Brooklyn!

Comment

• This rant abt cousins attitudes issue is such female talk.

its a no brainer coup if he becomes available. stop contemplating, common Raptor fans.

To me, a headcase is some1 like JR Smith or Larry Sanders not DMC. he is just competitve as hell.
                    Last edited by ball4life; Tue Feb 17, 2015, 01:03 AM.

Comment

• On the other hand, we ll lead the league in swag points with a line up of Kyle, Lou, Demar, JJ, and DMC. No1 would dare talk shit or ignore the Raptors.

Comment

• GoldenBaller wrote: View Post
                        but what I am saying is that a$$holes like Garnett, Pierce, Artest, Rodman, who carry swagger and intimidate the opponents for their attitude, have won Championships. When you put them those type of players on a winning team, they are able to control their emotions more, but the fact that the beast still lies within them, it still make the opponent worry all day.
                        There are different kinds of assholes. There are guys who are fiercely competitive. Those are the guys like Garnett, Rondo, and Kobe. (Pierce is competitive but he's not really an asshole.) Hell, Lowry had a semi-bad rep before coming to Toronto because he was fiercely competitive and was channeling it into battling his coaches instead of putting it on the floor.

Then there are guys like Artest and Rodman who are wildly unpredictable. In the right environment, they can be effective, but they need strong leadership.

Look at Lance Stephenson. I read a lot of talk last year about guys wanting Lance over DeMar. But by all accounts Lance has absolutely tanked the Charlotte locker room. It's only been since his injury and subsequent benching that Charlotte has turned things around.

We don't know who Cousins is yet. The guy has fought with teammates, trainers, and even threatened announcer Sean Elliott. He seems to be slowly growing up, but while you can argue that Cousins is a no-brainer talentwise, there is still downside risk in terms of his maturity.

*To be clear, I am fine with going for Cousins if we aren't firing Casey.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                          LOL They even say at the end of that video about how Malone had a better handle on Cousins than anybody else.
                          What a punk move though.. but at the same time, he could end up being a Zach Randolph/ Rasheed Wallace type, where he learns to channel the fire.
                          Yeah I definitely see that happening, just not in SacTown.

GoldenBaller wrote: View Post
                          Every team needs an a$$hole, we have Tyler Hansbrough aka "Psycho T", if we were going to send him over to Sacktown with JV for DMC, I wouldn't mind. They are competitive, fierce, players. You need an angry guy on your team to scare opponents. I'm not saying this is all he's good for, he's a star caliber player, but what I am saying is that a$$holes like Garnett, Pierce(???), Artest, Rodman, who carry swagger and intimidate the opponents for their attitude, have won Championships. When you put them those type of players on a winning team, they are able to control their emotions more, but the fact that the beast still lies within them, it still make the opponent worry all day.

And with all due respect, the Kings were down 21 in that game, frustration hits everyone at that point, even Demar and JV. So don't make it seem worse than it really is. If Demar and JV were on a shitty team down by 21 in the fourth, they'd probably show more emotions than normal too.
                          Big difference between this

and the video I posted before. Listen to what he says (he starts at 0:39 but key things are at 1:32 and 2:49. What the other people say is irrelevant). Difference between "assholes" like him and DMC is the fact that the assholes are fully aware of their actions and know exactly how to get under opponents' skin without getting punished for it. There's a huge discrepancy between playing "fierce" and playing angry (DMC).
                          Last edited by tDotted; Tue Feb 17, 2015, 01:24 AM.

Comment

• 100% NO on Cousins. Absolutely not. No way. If some of you even knew half of what goes on with him, you would say the same. Unfortunately a lot of people here just see the pure talent and physicality and drool over it (that part is definitely justified), but bringing him in to the current Toronto locker room with his attitude is such a terrible idea. There is a reason Sacramento loses most of their games with Cousins as the main guy.

Luckily its only a hypothetical

Comment

• p3t3ypablo wrote: View Post
                              100% NO on Cousins. Absolutely not. No way. If some of you even knew half of what goes on with him, you would say the same. Unfortunately a lot of people here just see the pure talent and physicality and drool over it (that part is definitely justified), but bringing him in to the current Toronto locker room with his attitude is such a terrible idea. There is a reason Sacramento loses most of their games with Cousins as the main guy.

Luckily its only a hypothetical
                              There is a reason, but it's not what you think.

When the Kings starting 5 are on the floor (which includes Cousins) they outscore opponents by over 17 pts/48.

The main reason they lose is they have possibly the shittiest bench in the NBA.
                              If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• if you dont want cousins get out
                                theres nothing wrong with being emotionally involved in the game
                                i get that this is canada and people are overly nice and shit, but grow a pair.
                                you cant be a great anything if you dont bring that intensity

for me, its pretty much impossible to make me mad in regular everyday life, but i fucking hate losing, and if im doing everything in my power to win games, but continue to lose, people would probably think im a phscyopath

hes a good kid, and a great talent who would be a great addition to the team, and wouldnt be a locker room problem at all because he can actually win here(he was fine at the begining of the year with malone, they were winning)

its not going to happen though,
                                but who here could honestly say they would handle his situation in sacto better than he has?
                                i would have publicly demanded a trade for sure, the place is a joke

Comment

Working...
                                X