No announcement yet.

Everything RAPTORS 2015 Trade Deadline

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Continue to let their young core grow individually and as a collective unit, which they have. Defend their Atlantic Division title, which they will. And advance into the second round of the playoffs, which they might.
    Superjudge wrote: View Post
    Important to remember these goals. Because really, they are still realistic for this team IMO.
    I agree that these goals are realistic, but I'd rather the goals be this

Continue to let their young core grow individually and as a collective unit, which they have. Defend their Atlantic Division title, which they will. And advance into the second round of the playoffs, which they SHOULD.
    or

Continue to let their young core grow individually and as a collective unit, which they have. Defend their Atlantic Division title, which they will. And advance into the Conference Finals round of the playoffs, which they might.
    Not saying we need a trade for this, just that making the second round should be the floor of our expectations, not our ceiling.

TRex wrote: View Post
    They need a backup big.

Realistically Raps need a starting PF and SF. But it's tough to address that during mid season.
    Back up C would be nice, but I don't think we need a starting SF. We need a back up SF (continue starting JJ), so we can shift Ross to SG.

I'd be willing to part with one of GV/LW and any of our end of bench expiriings. Would be willing to include TRoss if it meant young player/players coming back.

EDIT: FWIW I don't see Masai making any trades, and certainly not any blockbuster ones.
    "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

Realistically I would trade Terrence Ross, Fields, Hansborough, 2015 1st round pick to the Nuggets for Wilson Chandler, JJ Hickson, 2015 1st round pick (Right to swap 1st round pick)

Wilson Chandler is that perfect 3 for us until 2016 when his contract expires, we can go after a big time SF (Kevin Durant consider Vazquez is still on board) or trade up for a rookie allstar like SF (Ben Simmons, Jaylen Brown, Harry Giles?). JJ Hickson is a PF but a solid backup C for us when playoff comes around. The most important piece of this trade is the right to swap 1st round pick, Denver could be getting in the top 10 draft picks; however they would be selecting players for us and let's hope they go after the likes of (T.Lyles, M.Harrell, Stein, Turner, or Porzingis if we are looking for a PF of the future or Taylor, Rozier, or Winslow if we are going for backcourt). As for the Nuggets, they get a young SF in Ross who might become someone special as a member of the Nuggets, Fields will find his new stroke whereas Hansborough get to play with a team that also specializes in defense.
      Last edited by tenforthewin; Fri Feb 13, 2015, 07:11 AM.

Comment

tenforthewin wrote: View Post
        Realistically I would trade Terrence Ross, Fields, Hansborough, 2015 1st round pick to the Nuggets for Wilson Chandler, JJ Hickson, 2015 1st round pick (Right to swap 1st round pick)
        I do not think this word means what you think it means.

Comment

magoon wrote: View Post
          I do not think this word means what you think it means.
          Realistically, trades proposed on these forums are one reason why none of us are allowed anywhere near NBA front offices.
          If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

007 wrote: View Post
            Maybe we'll just do another Daye-De Colo trade.
            This is the sort of move I see as well.

Personally, I would try to move Steamer to open a spot and get a cheap, good on ball defender who can be given Hansbrough type minutes if, (but usually when) opposing PG's start abusing us. An Andre Roberson type.
            If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

Cody73 wrote: View Post
              Gotta get that SF/PF Hybrid ya'll.
              JJ? Even 2pat is a bit of a tweener.

Comment

Please let's stop the talk of Ross as a 2. Have you seen him play the 2? His handle is woeful and he makes way too many poor decisions with the ball to be a guard. Any type of pressure on him as a ball handler is going to lead to turnovers.

Comment

big boi wrote: View Post
                  Please let's stop the talk of Ross as a 2. Have you seen him play the 2? His handle is woeful and he makes way too many poor decisions with the ball to be a guard. Any type of pressure on him as a ball handler is going to lead to turnovers.
                  SGs do not have to be that good at handling the ball. And it's not like the responsibilities are that different from SF. Typically you want your SG to do most of his movement without the ball and play a simple game with it.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                    SGs do not have to be that good at handling the ball. And it's not like the responsibilities are that different from SF. Typically you want your SG to do most of his movement without the ball and play a simple game with it.
                    Demar does a decent job there. Really my only problem with Demar is shot selection. In our offence seems like DD and Lou bring the ball up quite a bit. When Ross was tried at the 2, ball handling and turnovers were a problem.

Comment

big boi wrote: View Post
                      Demar does a decent job there. Really my only problem with Demar is shot selection. In our offence seems like DD and Lou bring the ball up quite a bit. When Ross was tried at the 2, ball handling and turnovers were a problem.
                      DeMar isn't exactly a prototypical SG either...you know, since he can't shoot 3s for shit.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                        DeMar isn't exactly a prototypical SG either...you know, since he can't shoot 3s for shit.
                        What is a prototypical SG exactly?

Michael Jordan was a horrible 3pt shooter in his prime. He's the greatest SG to ever play the game.
                        Mamba Mentality

Comment

Michael Jordan was a horrible 3pt shooter in his prime. He's the greatest SG to ever play the game.
                          VERY different game in Mike's prime. The 3 pointer is a much bigger piece of the game now a days.

Comment

God man, I'm not trying to get into an argument here. This isn't something to argue about. SG has always been the position where teams commonly have their best shooter, especially before the stretch 4 became such a big thing.

And btw, Jordan is in no way a prototypical SG. In fact, pulling the best to ever play is exactly the wrong kind of example to use. His game is one nobody can really mimic. Prototypical implies that the qualities are common to the group you're looking at. The quality that's one of, if not the most important and widespread when guys look for a SG is someone who's able to knock down perimeter shots. You're going to find a lot more people who can be Reggies, Allens, Korvers, Redicks, etc. at SG than guys who can fit the Jordan type.

*Saying someone isn't prototypical for their position is not an insult, merely an observation.

Comment

3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                              This is the sort of move I see as well.

Personally, I would try to move Steamer to open a spot and get a cheap, good on ball defender who can be given Hansbrough type minutes if, (but usually when) opposing PG's start abusing us. An Andre Roberson type.
                              It would take more than Steamer, but maybe we could make a move for Patrick Beverley?
                              The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

007 wrote: View Post
                                It would take more than Steamer, but maybe we could make a move for Patrick Beverley?
                                Why would Houston trade Beverley? They're not exactly deep there and he's kind of the ideal starter next to Harden.

Comment

Working...
                                X