Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Raps are in a three way tie for 5th overall

So were do we fit talent wise in the league? overachieving or under
    Clearly golden State has the best talent in the nba but who rounds out the top ten?

I think Toronto is on the bubble for top-10 overall, as far as overall talent level and contender status for this season. I'd probably list them right around 10-11th.

Toronto is in a 5-team pack that is clearly in a class of their own in the EC (though some would argue that TOR/WAS are alone as 2nd tier EC teams), but their place in the overall league standings is undoubtedly aided by playing an unbalanced schedule in the EC. There are 9 good teams in the WC, meaning there are 14 teams fighting to land in the top-10.

As we've seen with teams like OKC (Durant & Westbrook) and LAC (Griffin), all it takes is a single injury to impact a team's chances, so it's definitely a fluid list.
    Last edited by CalgaryRapsFan; Thu Feb 12, 2015, 06:38 PM.

Comment

I think we're a contender for winning the East, but either Atlanta or a Western Conference team will win the championship.
      The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

I think we've played 7 more games at home than on the road.
        If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

3inthekeon wrote: View Post
          I think we've played 7 more games at home than on the road.
          Not sure your point being we're so far above .500 and the gap between the top 5 teams in the East and the rest of the conference is so massive. If the Raps lost all 7 of those road games they would at worst be 6th in the East. But that fails to recognize that they have a better road record (percentage wise) than the Hawks.

I think Calgary's assumption that the Raps are in the pack of top 5 teams in the East is an accurate, and fair place to start the debate. I'm not sure that your insinuation of home/road is a relevant counterpoint to that idea.

Comment

It's not gay when it's in a three waayyy

*I hope this doesn't get deleted*
            Last edited by GoldenBaller; Thu Feb 12, 2015, 10:10 PM.
            A wise man once said: F*ck Brooklyn!

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
              I think Toronto is on the bubble for top-10 overall, as far as overall talent level and contender status for this season. I'd probably list them right around 10-11th.

Toronto is in a 5-team pack that is clearly in a class of their own in the EC (though some would argue that TOR/WAS are alone as 2nd tier EC teams), but their place in the overall league standings is undoubtedly aided by playing an unbalanced schedule in the EC. There are 9 good teams in the WC, meaning there are 14 teams fighting to land in the top-10.

As we've seen with teams like OKC (Durant & Westbrook) and LAC (Griffin), all it takes is a single injury to impact a team's chances, so it's definitely a fluid list.
              I mean we also had a pretty big injury and that didn't really affect our team's chances at all

Comment

I think we have a fringe Top 10 team.

1-3 are definitely Atlanta/GSW/Memphis (no order)

4-6 is probably Houston/San Antonio/Chicago (if healthy)

7-8 is OKC/Portland

Then pretty much any one of Toronto, Cleveland, Washington, LAC and Dallas can grab the last two spots. I suppose most people would give Cleveland, LAC, and Dallas the edge, then Toronto, then Washington. I personally think we can compete with any of these teams and can land a spot 8-10.

Comment

Raptors clearly overachieving. 5th overall? they're not this good people. Don't et your hopes up.

Kudos to the coaching staff. They've done a great job. Imagine if we had a legit SUPERSTAR?
                  Mamba Mentality

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
                    Raptors clearly overachieving. 5th overall? they're not this good people. Don't et your hopes up.

Kudos to the coaching staff. They've done a great job. Imagine if we had a legit SUPERSTAR?
                    Believe in Masai, or at least in Free Agency
                    The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post

n0t that I disagree with y0u but there is an0ther thread calling f0r the c0aches head.

Comment

rightsideup wrote: View Post
                        n0t that I disagree with y0u but there is an0ther thread calling f0r the c0aches head.
                        Your 0's are moderately mind freaking.
                        A wise man once said: F*ck Brooklyn!

Comment

GoldenBaller wrote: View Post
                          Your 0's are moderately mind freaking.
                          they are zer0's ha ha

Comment

rightsideup wrote: View Post
                            they are zer0's ha ha
                            Is your O button broken?
                            "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment