Enes Kanter wants out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enes Kanter wants out

Who wouldn't go Enes Kanter for TROss straight up maybe throw in the Steeeeemer to open up a roster spot. He's pissed that he's been bumped out of the rotation by Gobert, but a guy is usually willing to take a lesser role on a winning team.
    Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
    Because its 2015

Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
    Who wouldn't go Enes Kanter for TROss straight up maybe throw in the Steeeeemer to open up a roster spot. He's pissed that he's been bumped out of the rotation by Gobert, but a guy is usually willing to take a lesser role on a winning team.
    Maybe not in this guy's case though...No clue though.

I don't know, I'm not big on Kanter. A slow, below-the-rim big man who is now taking a lot more jumpshots. Can't defend either big position, or really just in general. Pass.

Comment

I like Kanters offense but his defense sucks and is a selfish player.......dunno if straight up would get it done either.

Comment

I was big on Kanter at the draft.. he was the guy I hoped they drafted. I still think he can be productive.. but I don't see a place for him on this team.

Comment

Enes is a low FG% big, who doesn't defend, pass or rebound particularly well (his defence is really quite awful).

In fact, when you read it like that, he's the next Bargnani!!! Ok, he's not that bad, but an inefficient offensive big who can't defend isn't a good add.
          Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
            Enes is a low FG% big, who doesn't defend, pass or rebound particularly well (his defence is really quite awful).

In fact, when you read it like that, he's the next Bargnani!!! Ok, he's not that bad, but an inefficient offensive big who can't defend isn't a good add.
            But he's really young so it's not like he can't be taught these things. I don't disagree with anything you guys are saying, I just don't think it's right to discard a 20 something year old with pretty good upside just because his game is unfinished. These are the types of situations (grabbing an unhappy player with potential) that not only can drastically improve our team in the long run, but also they are what Masai lives for
            A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

e_wheazhy_ wrote: View Post
              But he's really young so it's not like he can't be taught these things. I don't disagree with anything you guys are saying, I just don't think it's right to discard a 20 something year old with pretty good upside just because his game is unfinished. These are the types of situations (grabbing an unhappy player with potential) that not only can drastically improve our team in the long run, but also they are what Masai lives for
              But you are going to have to pay him, very soon. He's not going to be worth his salary for quite a few years (if ever). Based on where our team is, don't see the point in going down that road.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

A trade built around Ross + Stiemsma for Kanter isn't a horrible idea - it exchanges one inconsistent under-performing player for another, and gives us another useful chess piece to plug into our frontcourt. It leaves us a little thin in our backcourt, though, unless you're comfortable with one of Landry Fields or Bruno Caboclo getting back-up minutes; accordingly, it doesn't really have a positive effect on the team right now; if anything, it has a modestly negative effect, as Kanter is mostly an insurance policy and won't be getting many minutes at this point, while Ross is actually being played for meaningful minutes and is still considered (for now) a better stopgap for his minutes than Fields and Caboclo are. (There might be positive salary cap implications if we are close to the apron, but in that case we might be able to trade Stiemsma for a trade exception instead.)

However, we do have an extra roster spot in this proposed trade, and there are options for further moves : another player-for-player transaction, signing d-leaguers to 10-day contracts, or possibly even bringing DeAndre Daniels over; it would be possible to make this trade work. In the end, however, getting our money's worth out of this proposed trade is all about whether we can either develop Kanter or flip him for another asset. Neither of these seems likely if we don't actually have the minutes for him - and we don't, unless Kanter can suddenly become a sufficiently acceptable defender to displace Hansbrough.

Comment

Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
                  Damn straight

Comment

I'd take Kanter on this team. For Ross and Steimsma? Absolutely. Low post presence. He can step out and hit a 3. Plays below the rim but who cares? Kid is talented. Only 22years old. Almost averages a double double. He's like a young Al Jefferson. The stories of him and Valanciunas battling at different tournaments in Europe while growing up are fantastic. With Amir probably not coming back, I would be a huge backer of Kanter coming in and inserted into the starting lineup.

Comment

I've heard from more than one person that Kanter is the biggest douche in Salt Lake City, but it's not like TRoss is going to net us a gem with his trade value near bottom. If we're rolling the dice we could probably do a lot worse than Kanter.

Comment

According to Woj (can't get tweet to embed)

Executives say Utah has significant threshold for Enes Kanter deal - including young player, 1st rounder, etc - but several teams pursuing.

Comment

I don't want a big who averages 0.4 blks per 36

And is a black hole on offense
                          "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

youre right, its amazing several GMs want a scrub like him.... :P

Comment

Everything out of Kanter's camp suggests that he would NOT enjoy coming off the bench, which is the only place he fits. Couple that with the fact that he's an RFA this summer and wants to get P A I D and I wouldn't give up anything for him. Certainly not the kind of return that the Jazz is asking. If you like his skills, make a run at him in the off season.
                              "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

Working...
                              X