Should We Bring Amir Back?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• psrs1 wrote: View Post
    Do you truly believe the money will be spent primarily on the child?
    Well in that case shouldn't you be happy that she's getting a lot of money. If she only got $1,000 a month from Amir then the child would get next to nothing, at least with $50K the child is bound to live a very good life filled with private schools and kickass Christmas presents even if we assume mama is a gold digger that wants to buy out the bar on weekends.

Comment

• Kevin Hart's daughter: "Daddy, are we rich?"
      Kevin Hart: "I'm rich, honey. You're not."
      "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• If you can put 24 inch, $5000+ wheels on your car, you can afford to pay for your child.

Condoms are cheap, so is not sticking your dick in someone you dont want to get knocked up.

Comment

• Heatdreamer wrote: View Post
          Dont care, if you postulate if the monies were spent on the child? This is well within the guidelines, and as a father who had joint custody of a child with my ex-wife, that pre-determined amount is what the courts ruled was required. The spouse also must provide for a life for the child.
          In the early years the cost for child care is higher and that is supplanted by other costs as the child grows older. So enough with this unruly behavior.
          The costs of being accountable are stated clearly, next time wear a condom if you don't wont a child.
          ''Don't care". Isn't that the whole point to care for the chlld?

Comment

• Letter N wrote: View Post
            Well in that case shouldn't you be happy that she's getting a lot of money. If she only got $1,000 a month from Amir then the child would get next to nothing, at least with $50K the child is bound to live a very good life filled with private schools and kickass Christmas presents even if we assume mama is a gold digger that wants to buy out the bar on weekends.
            The private school would definitely be helpful to the development of the child and that would be money well spent.

Comment

• He won't be paying that amount for life or until the child finishes college. These child support payments should get re-evaluated when Amir's income changes, meaning he makes less income from a smaller contract or has no contract.

Having paid my child support for 20+ years, the fairest way for the government to ensure that child is supported fairly is to gear the payments to income. Is this a ridiculous amount of money for a normal person, absolutely. But that is the formula that is used, and is as fair as it can be for everyone involved.

The other point is you unfortunately can't really question what the primary spouse spends the money on. Trust me that's very frustrating, but it's subject to human nature so hopefully Amir's ex isn't selfish. There are many times I've paid extra and/or myself so my kids could to extra things like sports or trips or bought them clothes, even when I'm in financial hardship. These are the things a responsible adults does, these are the things that make you a good parent even when you have an extended family.

Comment

• "Boston Celtics big man Amir Johnson twisted his ankle in Wednesday’s loss in Indiana and did not practice Thursday. Said coach Brad Stevens: “What I’ve been told is that he’d be 50/50 [for Friday’s game vs. Wizards].” Johnson has dealt with chronic ankle issues. Are the Celtics concerned? “Not a concern,” said Stevens. “He’s been six weeks no missed practices, this is just a slight twist [Wednesday]. He’s day-to-day. Not a concern.”

It was weird seeing him in Celtic green (or grey as the case was), but I don't miss this. I wish he could get his hands on some bionic ankles

Comment

• I just sprained both of mine with high ankle sprains. I'm walking around like a 90 year old Frankenstein. I sympathize

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
                    "Boston Celtics big man Amir Johnson twisted his ankle in Wednesday’s loss in Indiana and did not practice Thursday. Said coach Brad Stevens: “What I’ve been told is that he’d be 50/50 [for Friday’s game vs. Wizards].” Johnson has dealt with chronic ankle issues. Are the Celtics concerned? “Not a concern,” said Stevens. “He’s been six weeks no missed practices, this is just a slight twist [Wednesday]. He’s day-to-day. Not a concern.”

It was weird seeing him in Celtic green (or grey as the case was), but I don't miss this. I wish he could get his hands on some bionic ankles
                    they should be concerned. injuries don't put him on the bench but they do make him a lot less effective.

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
                      they should be concerned. injuries don't put him on the bench but they do make him a lot less effective.
                      Half of Boston's roster are PF and the other half combo guards. They have quantity if not quality.

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
                        "Boston Celtics big man Amir Johnson twisted his ankle in Wednesday’s loss in Indiana and did not practice Thursday. Said coach Brad Stevens: “What I’ve been told is that he’d be 50/50 [for Friday’s game vs. Wizards].” Johnson has dealt with chronic ankle issues. Are the Celtics concerned? “Not a concern,” said Stevens. “He’s been six weeks no missed practices, this is just a slight twist [Wednesday]. He’s day-to-day. Not a concern.”

That sounds familiar. Guess Boston did not follow his ankle history. Good for him he got that contract. though.

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
                          That sounds familiar. Guess Boston did not follow his ankle history. Good for him he got that contract. though.
                          I think his second year is non-guaranteed though.

Comment

• Ainge signed Amir to a "Salmons" type of contract. Worth $12M for 2 years, but the second year is fully non-guaranteed. Great trade bait at the draft to get different assets for a team looking to get cap space.

I suspect Amir will be a free agent again next season.

Comment

• Katman wrote: View Post
                              I just sprained both of mine with high ankle sprains. I'm walking around like a 90 year old Frankenstein. I sympathize
                              Shitty.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                                Ainge signed Amir to a "Salmons" type of contract. Worth $12M for 2 years, but the second year is fully non-guaranteed. Great trade bait at the draft to get different assets for a team looking to get cap space.

I suspect Amir will be a free agent again next season.
                                Yeah, I think it's the biggest we've seen of such contracts. Interesting chip for sure.

Comment

Working...
                                X