No announcement yet.

Should We Bring Amir Back?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is he going to get offers from other teams? He's always under the radar because his stats don't impress, plus injury concerns. Is it really going to be hugely expensive to keep him?

Personally I want to keep him but I also think that the raptors need to find a PF for the future because I don't see Amir playing much more than 3 more years... So I wouldn't want to commit one way or the other right now.

Comment

CTrade GV for Terrance Jones plus filler next year. Push TRoss to the 2 and push LW to the PG . Go sign a SF in free agency
      KL/LW
      DD/TRoss/ deandre Daniels
      JJ /-/ Bruno
      PPat/ Terrance Jones
      JV /Amir / Bebe plus 1st round pick this year.

Re-sign Amir for 2/15 and Lou 2/13 million. This would total $60 million in commitments for 13 players.
      Last edited by Heatdreamer; Sat Feb 21, 2015, 10:44 AM.

Comment

Masai is going to let Amir test free agency like he did with Lowry.. but I see Amir coming back.. The contract will probably a 1+1 or 2+1 type of deal, with that last year a player option to give him something for being so loyal to the team. He deserves something extra for having to cover up for Bargnani on defense.

He'll get paid more than what he's making now, but the cap is going up and so his salary in relation to the cap will be pretty good. He's worth that.. even as a backup. Guy isn't always great.. makes some bad decisions and when really injured struggles. But he's helped us win more games then we've lost and that trend has been there ever since he came to the team. I don't see him regressing so badly that he ends up like Landry Fields.

My guess is he'll make $27M/3years. with that 3rd year a player option. It will impact their pursuit of a top tier free agent in the summer, but I believe Masai will wait until 2016 to target a top tier free agent anyway.

Comment

iblastoff wrote: View Post
          Are you seriously telling other people to put away "past issues when responding to posts" ????

Dude all you do is try to troll people you've disagreed with in the past.
          Stop making stuff up.... I don't troll you and we disagreed for years.

I was responding to one poster who also happens to be a mod.

I don't troll posters.... Yes, I had some fun with the #firecasey brigade and also had fun with posters who were wrong about Demar (I think they deserved it), but that's pretty much it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

special1 wrote: View Post

I don't troll posters.... Yes, I had some fun with the #firecasey brigade and also had fun with posters who were wrong about Demar (I think they deserved it), but that's pretty much it.
            I don't troll people, except for those people that i troll.

Comment

2 + 1 starting at $7.5 million plus increases.

Comment

i would give amir 4 yrs, $48m as long as he gets these:

the original brow

Comment

KHD wrote: View Post
                  I don't troll people, except for those people that i troll.
                  The next prime minister right here!

Comment

That amount of monies can be spent in better ways.

Comment

One of the most underrated big men in the game. Amir has a huge impact on the success of the team IMO. He can make big plays, whether its a key bucket, block or rebound. He doesn't put up big stat lines but does not need to in order to make an impact. I don't expect him to command a big salary in order to be retained. I wouldn't doubt he'd leave money on the table to stay here, but not as the 2nd or third big off the bench. He'll want his minutes, and there's little reason he shouldn't get them.

We gotta keep him. He is a tremendous asset, and I would find it hard to believe that managers around the league don't recognize it. 3-4 years @ 8-10M would be reasonable IMO, and with the cap set to increase significantly, this deal will look amazing in a year and would become a great asset to facilitate a move if necessary. If he could be had for less than that, which wouldn't surprise me either, than that's just gravy.

Comment

And sign Scola 2/10 as a free agent and
                        re-sign Amir 3 /24 ( includes 1 year player option )as part of thr frontcourt rotation.
                        Send Khris Middleton an offer sheet of 4/32 to 4/40 starting at 9 million a year.
                        If Frank Kaminsky is available in the draft take him to back up JV.
                        Re-sign Nando decolo for 3/12.
                        Trade GV with Bebe.
                        Re-sign LW and your off season is over.

Comment

I really wish you'd put away any past issues you had with me when responding to my posts....

My point was clear... You disagree? I'm fine with that.

I gave my reasons why I think Amir is very important to this team... Some posters didn't bring up any dollar amounts and I'm speaking to them. NONE of us know what Amir is willing to take to remain a Raptor. I'm pretty sure we are not talking about a max player here or anything close (isn't that obvious?).

Why should I have to get into hypothetical salary situations? I'll leave the blind guessing to the posters who pretend to be GMs.

Everything I've seen from Amir shows me that he is a Loyal warrior who loves the City. In my opinion he should be a Raptor for life. You disagree? Then please respond to the points I brought up....If you have nothing relevant to write then why bother?

You're not saying very much in your post.

I didn't bad mouth anyone specific but since we're giving opinions (you saying I'm on some high horse).....my opinion is that I feel attacked by you very often....

Maybe you're still upset about being wrong about the team sucking.....wrong about Rudy being some all-star player (actually Demar was the all-star) and maybe even mad that we're not losing enough to justify your love for tanking.....

Many posters agreed with my post and I'll leave it at that. You're the only mod that took exception and I'm not surprised.

Please quit being a condescending prick.

I didn't mention anything from the past.

Your post clearly took aim at any posters making any sort of suggestion of not bringing Amir back:

No loyalty....

it's sad that most fans jump on the bandwagon and don't have any idea what players mean to the franchise.

We HAVE to bring Amir back!
                          I explained my rationale for being one such poster, and then asked you how far your loyalty stretched. It was a simple question that I asked because I was honestly curious at what point finances trumped loyalty for you.

I was just trying to engage you in a mature discussion about loyalty VS NBA finances. Apologies for aiming too high.

Comment

Should We Bring Amir Back?

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                            Please quit being a condescending prick.

I didn't mention anything from the past.

Your post clearly took aim at any posters making any sort of suggestion of not bringing Amir back:

I explained my rationale for being one such poster, and then asked you how far your loyalty stretched. It was a simple question that I asked because I was honestly curious at what point finances trumped loyalty for you.

I was just trying to engage you in a mature discussion about loyalty VS NBA finances. Apologies for aiming too high.
                            A mod trying to engage a mature discussion while calling a poster a condescending prick and also making statements like "get off your high horse"...or statements such as "you don't understand the nuances"....constantly

Quite an Interesting style you have....

Truthfully, you've always rubbed me as a condescending person (from the very first week on this site and I didn't even post then - 3 years ago).....

I have nothing personal against you but we seem to have issues communicating,..

I truly get the feeling sometimes that you want me to write something foolish so that you can ban me.....

I have a legitimate question. Is it even possible to place a mod on ignore? Can someone please provide an answer?

Last edited by special1; Sun Feb 22, 2015, 12:56 PM.

Comment

Amir has given his all to this team. If Chuck Hayes can get 4-5 million to be the glue guy in the locker room while barely playing, then I think Amir deserves 10 million a year for playing his ass off, being a leader of the locker room and being a positive mentor to the young guys.

How does 5 years , $48 million sounds like ??

Comment

McRealistic wrote: View Post
                                Amir has given his all to this team. If Chuck Hayes can get 4-5 million to be the glue guy in the locker room while barely playing, then I think Amir deserves 10 million a year for playing his ass off, being a leader of the locker room and being a positive mentor to the young guys.

How does 5 years , $48 million sounds like ??
                                We didn't decide to pay chuck that much we inherited his bad contract. And there's no way I'd pay Amir Johnson 10 a year.

Comment

Working...
                                X