Should We Bring Amir Back?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
    This is the best option for us flexibility-wise, but I am not sure either Amir or Lou would be willing to take that gamble (give up security of a longer contract) without us paying extra for one year. Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't that just end up increasing our cap holds in 2016?
    It does increase their cap holds. But the reality is that you are either going to chase free agents, or re-sign your own, not both. So if we are going to keep them, their cap holds don't matter since we have their Bird Rights. If we are going to sign a big name, their cap holds don't matter since we would waive their rights. And in any case, even if you came into a scenario where you were keeping them and adding a player (somehow), you could sign them before the other guy - as I'm sure neither will make more than what their cap hold would be.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• I mentioned this on the Wolstat thread. Amir at this point of his career is more of a backup player. There's NO WAY you bring him back next year as your starting PF.
      Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Amir left a momento behind in Toronto: a two year old daughter, Amelia.

http://www.tsn.ca/judge-considers-ho...d-pay-1.344160

An Ontario judge is to decide how much support Amir is to pay. Mom is "seeking child support of $50,000 a month. That's actually less than the $113,000 per month ($1.355 million per year) to which she is entitled, her lawyer said in court documents obtained by TSN."

Comment

• stretch wrote: View Post
          Amir left a momento behind in Toronto: a two year old daughter, Amelia.

An Ontario judge is to decide how much support Amir is to pay. Mom is "seeking child support of $50,000 a month. That's actually less than the $113,000 per month ($1.355 million per year) to which she is entitled, her lawyer said in court documents obtained by TSN."
          50 grand per month. "Child support".

Comment

I wish female athletes got paid more so I could try and have a kid with one, then collect $50,000 per month after it doesn't work out.

Comment

Lmao...

Why even call it child support at this point?

Comment

Yeah, at that price, that's not child support.

Cause I can guarantee that money isn't going entirely to support the kid. No 2 year old is that expensive. And a good chunk of people don't make 50 grand a year (and that's before taxes). It's not child support; it's income supplement.
                "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• That's crazy. I hope those old man legs of Amir's can hold up for another 10 years of playing basketball because he's getting robbed.
                  #JaysWinningLikeItz93'

Comment

• Sonny Weems also has a daughter in Toronto.

Weems’s 1-year-old daughter, Sienna, nicknamed Ladybug, lives in Toronto with her mother. They visited a few weeks earlier, and Sienna’s marker and crayon drawings are still taped to a floor-to-ceiling window overlooking the northern edge of Moscow’s darkened urban sprawl. “I just want to make enough money to take care of my daughter,” he says. “That’s all I want. Make sure she has a good life.”
                    Excellent article on CSKA (Sonny's current team) and life in the Russian pro league.

http://grantland.com/features/eurole...etris-nichols/

Comment

Sonny Weems also has a daughter in Toronto.

Excellent article on CSKA (Sonny's current team) and life in the Russian pro league.

http://grantland.com/features/eurole...etris-nichols/
                      Apparently a good life for NBA players means toddler get twice as much money as a cardiothoracic surgeons

Comment

• I wonder how much of that child support is actually used in the child.

50k a month is insanity
                        "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
                          Apparently a good life for NBA players means toddler get twice as much money as a cardiothoracic surgeons
                          Toronto is becoming a Mecca for gold diggers hunting baby daddies of the sports world, I hope someone is having a talk behind the scenes with the young guys on the team that some women will manipulate you in order to have your kid and that would cost you lots of money for 18 years and beyond. I fear Bruno is the kind of dude that will get caught.

Comment

• Or they could wear a condom

Comment

• Katman wrote: View Post
                              Or they could wear a condom
                              I think they're too busy bumping that ODB track Shimmy Shimmy ya to even bother
                              #JaysWinningLikeItz93'

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
                                Pretty sure child support payments aren't taxed either. So that's just 50 grand cash a month. If the kid is two basically she's asking for 9.6 million dollars in cash for the next 16 years.

Comment

Working...
                                X