Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Lou overachivieing? Should we sell high on him? Will he get overpaid?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Lou overachivieing? Should we sell high on him? Will he get overpaid?

Lou Williams is having a crazy bounceback year.
    He's had a lot of 20+ games, and is playing out of his mind. An easy 6th man of the year candidate.

However, his shots are unsustainable. A lot of pull up 3s, fadeaways, off the dribble magic. Shots that normally wont go in. He can either be really brick or on fire.

This is a contract year, and I have a feeling that we wont see the same Lou next year. Plus, some team will definately overpay Lou for a deal that he's not worth ($9mill+ a year I can see a team paying)

I say we trade him for a consistent big man at PF.
    What do you think?

I didn't watch him prior to his injury. Has him game changed much? Did he used to get to the basket a lot more or has he always made these crazy shots?

That would definitely affect my decision.
    "Bruno?
    Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
    He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

A chance to go deep in the playoffs with Lou or a 1st round bounce with a big man? Starter to replace Amir. But a better chance next year - in a smaller window.

Vasquez + Hansbourough + 1st for Taj Gibsom. Keep Lou and pay him GV money going forward. Jamal Crawford and Lou will be fighting for monies. Either guy could go to NYC - and play for a garbage team even with Melo.
      Last edited by Heatdreamer; Fri Feb 13, 2015, 07:06 PM.

Comment

It's been over half a season, I wouldn't say the shots Lou is hitting unsustainable, just very fluky. For every good game there's a 1-11 game but at the same time he has brought us back in numerous different games in the second quarter when we've been down.

I doubt there's much we could get for him since he's in the last year of his contract so I'm in favour of just keeping him.

Comment

Keep him until the end of the season at least.
          The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

Keep him around and at the end of the year, decide between him and Ross who to keep.
            Axel wrote:
            Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
            KeonClark wrote:
            We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
            KeonClark wrote:
            I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

Heatdreamer wrote: View Post
              A chance to go deep in the playoffs with Lou or a 1st round bounce with a big man? Starter to replace Amir. But a better chance next year - in a smaller window.

Vasquez + Hansbourough + 1st for Taj Gibsom. Keep Lou and pay him GV money going forward. Jamal Crawford and Lou will be fighting for monies. Either guy could go to NYC - and play for a garbage team even with Melo.
              Deal would've have been done last year when the Bulls' defense was top notch. They can't afford to trade someone like Taj now.

Comment

Trade him

Comment

Keep both and trade GV

Comment

Keep him, he is part of the rotation and give him a similar deal they gave GV (short 2 year deal) in the summer otherwise just let him walk.

Comment

Keep him long term. Ditch Ross. We need Vasqeuz as frustrating as he can be to me. This would give us a bench of: one of the best backup pgs, one of the best shooting guard/bench scorers/6th man in Lou Will, one of the best most versatile 3/4 guards in JJ and one of the best 3 point shooting bigs in the game in 2Pat.

Ideally we could package Ross and Amir for an ELITE power forward. Someone who could also slide over to the 5 sometimes so 2Pat can still pull 20 min a game.
                      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Iam going to play the loyalty card here and keep everyone for the season. They have all played their brains out and deserve to see it thru. Lou W. was getting a bit dicey there for awhile but it seems the last few games he has reined in his wild chucking (the in transition pull up 3s make me go bananas) but as others have said he has won a few games for the team.

Comment

If Jamal Crawford's contracts are any indication in the last 5-6 years, he is not going to get overpaid.

Comment

From the few Open Gym and interviews he seems to stress that he needed a change after the injury. What's intriguing is that his game now is very perimeter based Alottttt of shots. Next year when he has more confidence he will start back getting to the basket...hopefully. As of now its all a numbers game at the end of the season depending on who we go after I hope we have enough money to offer him a contract. Lou has bailed us out a few times so he does have value to us. I would make the decision at the end of the season.

Comment

I don't see why we need both Williams and Vasquez. Either one could packaged with some expirings if we are getting something useful back.
                              "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

Working...
                              X