Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Lou overachivieing? Should we sell high on him? Will he get overpaid?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ezz_bee wrote: View Post
    I don't see why we need both Williams and Vasquez. Either one could packaged with some expirings if we are getting something useful back.
    What if someone gets hurt? You always need a third option at point...more so than at any position.

Comment

Gotta keep Williams for the season. I think we let him walk in the offseason, and bring back Nando de Colo as the 6th man. Nando has been absolutely killing it in the Euroleague, and was the January MVP for the round of 16. I think Nando needed a season of starting at a high level to elevate his game, and he has done that with CSKA Moscow as their starting SG. Masai knew what he was doing when he retained his rights.

We need Williams for the rest of the season if we wanna make noise in the playoffs. His shot selection is weird, but he hits those shots more often than misses. His PER is outstanding, and his TS% is above average, despite the strange shots. If the starters have a cold game in the playoffs we can count on Lou to score in bunches to keep us in the game. An extra big wouldn't do that for us and cold starters would equal convincing loss.

Comment

Primer wrote: View Post
        Gotta keep Williams for the season. I think we let him walk in the offseason, and bring back Nando de Colo as the 6th man. Nando has been absolutely killing it in the Euroleague, and was the January MVP for the round of 16. I think Nando needed a season of starting at a high level to elevate his game, and he has done that with CSKA Moscow as their starting SG. Masai knew what he was doing when he retained his rights.

We need Williams for the rest of the season if we wanna make noise in the playoffs. His shot selection is weird, but he hits those shots more often than misses. His PER is outstanding, and his TS% is above average, despite the strange shots. If the starters have a cold game in the playoffs we can count on Lou to score in bunches to keep us in the game. An extra big wouldn't do that for us and cold starters would equal convincing loss.
        Does Nando have an out to come back to the NBA this summer? I was pretty sure he signed for 2 years in Europe, but not sure if he had that out between the two.

Comment

i wouldn't say he's overachieving, he's just healthy finally. he's either awesome or completely terrible and that's just part of the Lou experience. gotta know when to ride him and when to bench him.

that said i'd keep him over Vasquez any day
          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
            Does Nando have an out to come back to the NBA this summer? I was pretty sure he signed for 2 years in Europe, but not sure if he had that out between the two.
            Not sure but I'm assuming he does. He said in every interview he wanted to come back to the NBA but he just wasn't getting enough opportunities. It would be odd if he didn't negotiate some sort of out should the Raptors make him a priority this summer. I suppose if we're forced to wait another year he could be the replacement for Vasquez when his deal is up, but I'd rather see him in the 6th man role next year.

Comment

Primer wrote: View Post
              Not sure but I'm assuming he does. He said in every interview he wanted to come back to the NBA but he just wasn't getting enough opportunities. It would be odd if he didn't negotiate some sort of out should the Raptors make him a priority this summer. I suppose if we're forced to wait another year he could be the replacement for Vasquez when his deal is up, but I'd rather see him in the 6th man role next year.
              CSKA Moscow's site indicates he signed a 2+1 deal.. which would mean that he's there for another year:
              http://www.cskabasket.com/news/?id=13605&lang=en

Comment

I can see Lou Solving a lot of the offensive issues that Indiana is having.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                  CSKA Moscow's site indicates he signed a 2+1 deal.. which would mean that he's there for another year:
                  http://www.cskabasket.com/news/?id=13605&lang=en
                  That doesn't mean he doesn't have an NBA out clause though. It could be a 2+1, with an out if he's offered an NBA contract. There were a lot of Euroleague teams that wanted to sign Nando so it makes sense for CSKA to sign him to a deal for more than 1 year.

Comment

drunkmunky wrote: View Post
                    I can see Lou Solving a lot of the offensive issues that Indiana is having.
                    Lou solves a lot of the offensive issues that Toronto has, thank you very much.
                    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
                      Lou solves a lot of the offensive issues that Toronto has, thank you very much.
                      He is a lot of the offensive issues Toronto is having lol

Comment

6 Man like Lou Will, 2 girls and they get along like I'm Lou Will
                        Worst Behaviour

Comment

I really think come the offseason Lou will want to be here... We should I oblige

Comment

Drake wrote: View Post
                            6 Man like Lou Will, 2 girls and they get along like I'm Lou Will
                            They don't get along anymore ;-)

Comment

Zainab wrote: View Post
                              They don't get along anymore ;-)
                              How you know that? You still got sources on the inside? lol
                              You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

Mr.Z wrote: View Post
                                How you know that? You still got sources on the inside? lol
                                I just know. You either believe me or you don't! ;-)

The 3some had a break up. And now Lou and his baby mama are not together anymore. Lou's just with one of the twins now. Feel bad for Ash.

Comment

Working...
                                X