Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there another era where the point G position was as deep?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there another era where the point G position was as deep?

At different times certain positions seem to be deeper in talent than others. Now it is pg. Is there a time when it was as deep and who were the players?

No, there was never another era where PG was as deep as it is now, at least in my opinion. The league is flush with PG talent. The reason you probably haven't got much of a response is that this is pretty much generally accepted.

Comment

Was there ever a time where the centre position became so shitty?
      2006-07 NBA Coach of the Year

Comment

I think the emergence of so many guards coincides with the very guard-friendly rule changes of the early 90s (hand checking and forearm use). It's never been so easy for Guards to move around and control the game.

Comment

It's why we were able to get Lowry on a nice deal.
          The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

It's also likely that many of the uber athletic PGs of today (Westbrook for example) would have been shifted to the SG spot.
            Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

I find that PG's nowadays are more shooters than actual PG's.
              Axel wrote:
              Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
              KeonClark wrote:
              We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
              KeonClark wrote:
              I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

Cody73 wrote: View Post
                I find that PG's nowadays are more shooters than actual PG's.
                I'd say scorers more than shooters. Most are most prolific at getting to the rim than pure shooting.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
                  I'd say scorers more than shooters. Most are most prolific at getting to the rim than pure shooting.
                  I miss the playmaking days. You know, guys getting huge assist numbers? I mean, yes, there are a few, but still. Not enough passing in today's game for so many teams.
                  Axel wrote:
                  Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                  KeonClark wrote:
                  We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                  KeonClark wrote:

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

Makes it all the more impossible for Stockton's assist numbers to get surpassed...
                    Give me liberty or give me a bran muffin! - Colin Mochrie

Comment

I miss the playmaking days. You know, guys getting huge assist numbers? I mean, yes, there are a few, but still. Not enough passing in today's game for so many teams.
                      Admire Chris Paul even more while we can. Once he retires, I don't know who to watch.

Comment

Admire Chris Paul even more while we can. Once he retires, I don't know who to watch.
                        Rondo, Wall and Lowry.
                        Axel wrote:
                        KeonClark wrote:
                        KeonClark wrote:

Comment

Rondo, Wall and Lowry.
                          Seriously?

Wall is another scoring PG. So is Lowry. Rondo, maybe, but that's assuming his game hasn't fallen off (which it appears to have a bit).

Comment

Seriously?

Wall is another scoring PG. So is Lowry. Rondo, maybe, but that's assuming his game hasn't fallen off (which it appears to have a bit).
                            Wall is also a passer. 10.1 assists per game this year.
                            Axel wrote:
                            KeonClark wrote:
                            KeonClark wrote:

Comment

Wall is also a passer. 10.1 assists per game this year.
                              Yes but he is far from a traditional PG. He drives and kicks. He doesn't run an offence.

Comment

Working...
                              X