Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Valanciunas and Ross on their way out?

iblastoff wrote: View Post
    what in the fuck are you talking about? its like you literally just strung a bunch of words together for no particular reason. sometimes JV is shaq? why are you comparing 2000 lakers playing style to 2015 raptors?

ZONE defense wasn't even LEGAL in 2000. and even after that, you seriously think phil jackson, one of the biggest anti-zone coaches back then wanted his guys to play zone??? what in the fuck.
    I'm trying to make a point that the lakers didn't sit shaq out of games.
    If you fail to understand this then get off my dick. Kids just reading half of what I say.
    I can show you the water but can't make you drink it, I don't have the patience to teach common sense sorry.
    Last edited by SamMitchells; Sat Feb 21, 2015, 12:43 PM.
    2006-07 NBA Coach of the Year

Comment

SamMitchells wrote: View Post
      I'm trying to make a point that the lakers didn't sit shaq out of games.
      If you fail to understand this then get off my dick. Kids just reading half of what I say.
      I can show you the water but can't make you drink it, I don't have the patience to teach common sense sorry.
      But but... You're talking about SHAQ.... The unstoppable beast....and then Seriously asking why he didn't sit out of games???

I just don't know...maybe they didn't sit him because he's SHAQ!!!!

That's all I was trying to say....he would make up for any defensive issues by being the MOST DOMINANT big man in the game!

How can you ask why the Lakers didn't sit him????

JV had 8 points on 4/13 shooting last night against the Hawks (who don't really have much of an interior presence).....

Do you now see why you can't compare his situation to Shaq's??

JV *currently* doesn't have the offense to make up for his foot speed in *some situations*....just admit/live with it and move on. We all know that JV is an important player for us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Last edited by special1; Sat Feb 21, 2015, 01:01 PM.

Comment

So if shaq in his prime was on our team would he play in crunch time?

Um, maybe you're young, I don't know you so I have no idea. But anyone my age (42) who watched Shaq through college, then all through the NBA will tell you;

1. Shaq was as fast as a Guard, so yes, he plays in crunch time.
        2. Shaq was an absolute beast in the paint....period.

Jonas is not Shaq. Not even close.

Comment

Superjudge wrote: View Post
          Um, maybe you're young, I don't know you so I have no idea. But anyone my age (42) who watched Shaq through college, then all through the NBA will tell you;

1. Shaq was as fast as a Guard, so yes, he plays in crunch time.
          2. Shaq was an absolute beast in the paint....period.

Jonas is not Shaq. Not even close.
          True enough..
          I did not watch him , which is why in an earlier post I was asking , "how did the lakers play shaq?"
          I also asked, if shaq was a raptor would his fourth quarter minutes be justified?
          If so, what is the standard..

If your reply is that he dominates the game in every aspect , then I can reference games where JV dominates on offence and defence with shaq like numbers(without shaq like touches)
          Now.. Those games where he totally dominated (note - it's not every game he plays this well)
          Casey still took him out in the 4th and replaced the offence with Lou and KL jacking up terrible shots.
          I don't agree with this play style and I blame coaching.

Is there a way to integrate JV in the game during his spectacular performances. What about more touches during those games?

Going against what I said earlier about not teaching common sense. I'll go against my own words and spell it out incase anyone strays..
          JV is not shaq, but he has shaq like performances statistic wise ( Fg% and rebounds)
          It's not every game it's 1 out of 5 games it seems.
          2006-07 NBA Coach of the Year

Comment

True enough..
            I did not watch him , which is why in an earlier post I was asking , "how did the lakers play shaq?"
            I also asked, if shaq was a raptor would his fourth quarter minutes be justified?
            If so, what is the standard..

If your reply is that he dominates the game in every aspect , then I can reference games where JV dominates on offence and defence with shaq like numbers(without shaq like touches)
            Now.. Those games where he totally dominated (note - it's not every game he plays this well)
            Casey still took him out in the 4th and replaced the offence with Lou and KL jacking up terrible shots.
            I don't agree with this play style and I blame coaching.

Is there a way to integrate JV in the game during his spectacular performances. What about more touches during those games?

Going against what I said earlier about not teaching common sense. I'll go against my own words and spell it out incase anyone strays..
            JV is not shaq, but he has shaq like performances statistic wise ( Fg% and rebounds)
            It's not every game it's 1 out of 5 games it seems.
            Hard to take any of this seriously if you never watched Shaq play....

http://m.bkref.com/m?p=XXplayersXXoXXonealsh01.html&t=1

Check that out...

Shaq averaged almost 24 points and 14 rebounds and 3.5 blocks per game in 81 games as a rookie!!!

His second season he averaged over 29 points per game and over 13 rebounds per game....81 games played...

Homie....YouTube Shaq and you'll understand my point.

JV has reached 20 or more points in 6 of 53 games (this season)....please stop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Last edited by special1; Sat Feb 21, 2015, 01:54 PM.

Comment

ya, kinda gotta go with special on this one man.

But to answer your question Sam, yes, i think SO gets a lot of 4th time on Toronto if he is at the same point as JV with regard to age and all that. He was amazing man, quick as a cat, huge, and mean. What the numbers don't show is how, in his first 10 years or so, he completely changed how other teams had to play. Dude changed so many shots on defence is wasnt funny, and offensively hahahaha he grabbed alot of iron.

Shaq could never hit a damn ft though, so JV has him there for sure. but as far as athletic ability, shaq was pretty insane...think James Johnson, only, 7'2" and 300 lbs.

Comment

Rookie highlites

Comment

Superjudge wrote: View Post
                  Rookie highlites

Lol, looking at Shaq now you would have a hard time believing he was mobile as all hell. I barely caught him, starting watching and following basketball in the late 00s, so basically watched his twilight.

Comment

Working...
                  X